HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is Detroit in serious trouble? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1140421)

wadesworld 03-20-2012 05:23 PM

Is Detroit in serious trouble?

Howard is out again, day-to-day with a strained groin.

MacDonald was out recently with back issues, and anyone who's ever had back pain knows, those can flare up again at any time.

The just called up Conklin, which I believe is their 2nd call up since the trade deadline.

What happens if they have to use up the remaining two before or during the playoffs? What if they're used up and one of their 2 goalies is out of commission again? Is there a way for them to get a replacement, or do they have to put pads on some random guy?

Legionnaire11 03-20-2012 05:27 PM

Babcock will pull a Lester Patrick!

ninetynine* 03-20-2012 05:28 PM

Hopefully they're in trouble. They play a boring style of play when they're up a goal, they don't believe in fighting really, and almost all of their players are allowed to protest calls. It's like they all have C's and A's on their jerseys.

Firestorm 03-20-2012 05:30 PM

One thing I've learned over the years, you never EVER count out the Detroit Red Wings.

Paranoid Android 03-20-2012 05:36 PM

Emergency call ups don't count towards the call up limit.

They will be fine though. They should be healthy just in time for the playoffs, which is all that matters.

NoNecksCurse 03-20-2012 05:41 PM

no detroit is never in trouble.. would love to see it though

PredsV82 03-20-2012 05:51 PM

if Detroit has to go to the playoffs with Ty Conklin as their starter that would certainly hurt their chances, and if Howard is out for very long they could definitely drop all the way to 6th, which they might not mind anyway...

but with their lineup, they will never be in too bad a shape unless they get down to their equivalent of Chet Pickard...

Preds311 03-20-2012 05:53 PM

Detroit isn't in serious trouble at all. They will have to stay relatively injury free for here on out if they want a long run.

SpeedDemon 03-20-2012 10:40 PM

The Wings in trouble?

no way. They could bring up their whole Grand Rapids team and still be a force to be reckoned with.

until their top 4 and top 6 retire they're not slowing down. of course by the time they do retire they'll have others to fill their shoes. :laugh:

klt2001 03-20-2012 11:01 PM

I think we need to worry more about our game than theirs. We haven't been looking so great either.

cleangene 03-20-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klt2001 (Post 46445945)
I think we need to worry more about our game than theirs. We haven't been looking so great either.

A freaking MEN!!!!!! They could have Lebda return, and he could get a hatty the way the Preds have been defending recently.