HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   News Article: Shane Doan Suspended 3 Games For Elbow To Jamie Benn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1140665)

Colt45Blast 03-20-2012 11:03 PM

Shane Doan Suspended 3 Games For Elbow To Jamie Benn
 
No question Shanny is going to look at this and Doan was suspended before for a hit on Dan Sexton and was fined $2500 recently.

I would be shocked if he doesnt get suspended and I hope its not for a long time but it could be for 5 games or more.

We have shown in the past we can win without his help including 2 big playoff games vs Detroit in Detroit in the 09-10 playoffs.

Discuss

EDIT

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623440

Doan gone for 3 games.

hbk 03-20-2012 11:06 PM

Shanny's all over the map on suspensions. Benn was fine after the hit so I don't think it will be 5 games. I see max 2-3 games; especially given the time of year and the potential impact on a team making the playoffs. No it shouldn't matter but let's be honest... it does.

XX 03-20-2012 11:08 PM

2 or 3 games and a stern talking to. Benn wasn't hurt and the play itself wasn't overly fast or dangerous. Just dirty and selfish.

SweYote 03-20-2012 11:10 PM

No doubt he's going to get a few games for it.

Muppet 03-20-2012 11:12 PM

3 games minimum.

doaner 03-20-2012 11:16 PM

Video?

Naurutger 03-20-2012 11:18 PM

I think 2 games because it was a pop but not the kind that produces a major injury. I really say 1 but a dallas fan would say 3 so I compromise.

MIG 03-20-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 46441403)
Just dirty and selfish.

I don't think so. He intended to clip him, but I don't think he was aiming for the head. Benn leaned forward slightly which resulted in the elbow contacting the jaw.

I say he gets 2 games.

Colt45Blast 03-20-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaner (Post 46442231)
Video?


XX 03-20-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Falcon (Post 46443063)
I don't think so. He intended to clip him, but I don't think he was aiming for the head. Benn leaned forward slightly which resulted in the elbow contacting the jaw.

I say he gets 2 games.

Sorry guy, but Doan knew what he was doing by sticking his elbow out like that. Clipping is a penalty too, by the way.

Redcoyote 03-20-2012 11:38 PM

Im guessing 3 games but even if its only one the next against colorado is huge considering they just passed us in the standings and one of san jose or la will be tied with us in points by the end of the night

Colt45Blast 03-20-2012 11:42 PM

Gotta love all of the stupid responses by those in the General section claming Doan is a dirty player. Some even thing Avery even has more class than him. :facepalm:

MIG 03-20-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 46443735)
Sorry guy, but Doan knew what he was doing by sticking his elbow out like that. Clipping is a penalty too, by the way.

I didn't say it was not a penalty, just that he did not intend to hit him in the head, which is why the suspension will come.

thebigbea 03-21-2012 12:08 AM

i can see 5 games.. raise his elbow and target the head.. big no no..

XX 03-21-2012 12:12 AM

I hate to go all JFK on everyone, but Doan's elbow barely glances the chin of Benn. There's a huge delay between the time Doan hits him, and the time Benn snaps his head back if you watch the slow mo. I'm watching it on a 30" monitor at full res. Looks like Doan's elbow is about level with the beginning of Benn's collar.

awfulwaffle 03-21-2012 12:15 AM

LOL, this whole ordeal is just LOL.

1) Benn crying like a ***** after it.
2) Benn reaching for the top of his forehead after the hit. He was reaching for the area that wasn't even hit.
3) WE ****IN LOST TO THE STARS AGAIN!!!!

Sciamachy 03-21-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 46446767)
I hate to go all JFK on everyone, but Doan's elbow barely glances the chin of Benn. There's a huge delay between the time Doan hits him, and the time Benn snaps his head back if you watch the slow mo. I'm watching it on a 30" monitor at full res. Looks like Doan's elbow is about level with the beginning of Benn's collar.


Watching it again in slow mo, around the 12-14 second mark, Benn's head doesn't so much as move until Doan is well beyond him (you can see two Dallas players in the background between Doan and Benn). From the more over head view you can see Doan's elbow move a bit as he passes Benn so he did clip something but considering Benn's head never moved it had to be the shoulder or chest. I have to watch this a few more times real closely though i think you may be right.

awfulwaffle 03-21-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceva Sct (Post 46448199)
Watching it again in slow mo, around the 12-14 second mark, Benn's head doesn't so much as move until Doan is well beyond him (you can see two Dallas players in the background between Doan and Benn). From the more over head view you can see Doan's elbow move a bit as he passes Benn so he did clip something but considering Benn's head never moved it had to be the shoulder or chest. I have to watch this a few more times real closely though i think you may be right.

Look at the view from the corner behind the glass, one of the first slow mo views they show after the play is whistled dead.

awfulwaffle 03-21-2012 12:41 AM

Wow, the more I look at it, the less and less I feel like Doan actually hit him in the head.

CitizenCoyote 03-21-2012 01:00 AM

I don't know if he actually made contact, but he tried to. Hard to see it being less than 2 games. I'm going to guess three, since he's had supplemental discipline before.

Sciamachy 03-21-2012 01:00 AM

The only thing the overhead shows is that Doan definitely clipped him because you can see his arm move back a bit as he passes but its unclear if its the head or shoulder/chest.

The camera from the near corner if you slow it down it looks like Benn tucks his chin in but I don't see his head move to his right at all as if it were hit. The wordmark on his jersey flicks upwards as if it were brushed so its certainly close. But Benn doesn't really react until there is space between him and Doan.

The camera from the far corner you can see Doan definitely clips his shoulder first, but then it looks like Benn's chin sort of rides along the arm of Doan as he passes.

I don't think he actually/technically hit him in the head, but its close enough that Benn's tears will make them have to suspend him.

Killion 03-21-2012 01:19 AM

Shane can be a nasty piece of work huh?. I like that in my hockey players.

Sinurgy 03-21-2012 01:40 AM

He'll probably get 2-3 games which is a huge blow at this time of the year. ****.

doaner 03-21-2012 02:39 AM

Benn completely embellished that BADLY!!

SLang 03-21-2012 02:44 AM

Kings fan supporting Doan. Guy's not dirty, he's clutch!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.