HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Phantoms win again, 11 straight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=114070)

John Flyers Fan 11-17-2004 01:41 PM

Phantoms win again, 11 straight

Win again in a shootout.

Niittymaki stopped all 6 Senators shooters, including Spezza twice. Patrick Sharp scored on his 2nd chance against Emery. :handclap: :handclap:

Teezax 11-17-2004 01:46 PM

11 straight, wow, that is impressive, glad to see Frank and the boyz are doing well.

Dr Love 11-17-2004 01:56 PM

:bow: Impressive. Man I really gotta get down there for a game sometime soon.

FlyersGuy69 11-17-2004 05:31 PM

yeah, the way they started out, it's great to see them putting this winning streak together. it might have just been a case of them gelling in the beginning.

GKJ 11-17-2004 05:45 PM

shooters can shoot twice in a shootout?

John Flyers Fan 11-17-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
shooters can shoot twice in a shootout?

After the first 5 go, then it becomes sudden death. Players from the first 5, can be reused again.

FlyHigh 11-17-2004 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
After the first 5 go, then it becomes sudden death. Players from the first 5, can be reused again.

does the player who scores the winning goal actually get credit for a goal and does that goal affect a goalie's GAA? Ex. Was Emery's GAA 1 or 2 in that game?

GoneFullHextall 11-18-2004 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
does the player who scores the winning goal actually get credit for a goal and does that goal affect a goalie's GAA? Ex. Was Emery's GAA 1 or 2 in that game?

only the player who scored the game winner gets credit for a goal. No matter how many goals are scored on the shootout only the one that is the winner counts as a goal. Also the game winner does get charged to the losing goalie, but like i said earlier only that one even if it ends up 9-7 or something in the SO.
So Emery's GAA in that game was 1.95(i believe my math is correct) 2 goals allowed in 65 minutes.

btw what was the deal for the 11:30 am start?

GKJ 11-18-2004 08:39 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but you said Nittymaki stopped all 4 shooters. Typo?

pelts35.com 11-18-2004 09:00 AM

To address a couple of items:

1) does the player who scores the winning goal actually get credit for a goal and does that goal affect a goalie's GAA? Ex. Was Emery's GAA 1 or 2 in that game?

Goals scored in the shootout do not count towards statistics for either the goal scorers or the netminders. That being said Emery's GAA is 1 (actually under 1.00 since it went into OT). Also, no players gets credited with a GWG. If you look at the official gamesheet, the 3rd "goal" is not credited to anyone.

2) only the player who scored the game winner gets credit for a goal. No matter how many goals are scored on the shootout only the one that is the winner counts as a goal. Also the game winner does get charged to the losing goalie, but like i said earlier only that one even if it ends up 9-7 or something in the SO.
So Emery's GAA in that game was 1.95(i believe my math is correct) 2 goals allowed in 65 minutes.

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. The boxscore shows that Emery had 25 saves on 26 shots. Further, Patrick Sharp scored 1 goal (the PP goal in the 2nd period).

3) what was the deal for the 11:30 am start

The Phantoms have played 1 game in the morning for the past 3 seasons as a "school day" game. 95% of the "fans" there are kids.

4) Niittymaki stopped all 4 Senators shooters, including Spezza twice

Niittymaki stopped all 6 Senators. After the 5th attempt, shooters can take a second attempt. Spezza was the 6th, thus having a second attempt. Sharp also took a second attempt.

I hope this clears things up.

John Flyers Fan 11-18-2004 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Yeah, but you said Nittymaki stopped all 4 shooters. Typo?

Yes, should have been a 6 not a 4.

Also stopped Spezza & Hamel on breakaways earlier in the game.

bennysflyers16 11-18-2004 02:10 PM

God I wish the damn AHL's schedule would alow the Phantoms to come to Winnipeg to play the Moose. Here's hoping the meet in the Calder cup final.

GoneFullHextall 11-19-2004 02:40 AM

well i guess i was wrong. my bad, i definitly should have looked it up before saying what i thought the rules were. thanks pelts for clearing that up.

DeleteThisAccount 11-19-2004 10:07 PM

Number 12. Phantoms beat Bridgeport again tonight, 3-1. No comeback this time for Philly. Niitty made some great saves again and was the reason Bridgeport didn't go ahead after tying it up. Umberger, Murphy and Jones scored. Jones had a great 3-point game.

Edit: Me bad ypte Englihs

RoDu 11-19-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
God I wish the damn AHL's schedule would alow the Phantoms to come to Winnipeg to play the Moose. Here's hoping the meet in the Calder cup final.

ditto, it would give me an excuse to go see the MTS Centre

bobbyboucher24 11-20-2004 12:53 AM

Watched most of the game tonight on Comcast. Saw Niitty make a really nice pad save on a shot close in. Not an exciting game, but the Phantoms just keep on winning.

DeleteThisAccount 11-24-2004 09:41 PM

Make it 15. The Phantoms just knocked off the P-Bruins again, 4-1. RJ scored again and Sim netted two, with Murphy getting more insurance. Philly converted on three of 11 power plays and Niitty made 20 saves on 21 shots.

John Flyers Fan 11-24-2004 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battousai
Make it 15. The Phantoms just knocked off the P-Bruins again, 4-1. RJ scored again and Sim netted two, with Murphy getting more insurance. Philly converted on three of 11 power plays and Niitty made 20 saves on 21 shots.

A bunch of fights. Sim three games, 3 game winners. Umberger is showing why he was a first round pick.

flip588 11-24-2004 10:10 PM

I see Printz got a fighting major, how did he fair?

John Flyers Fan 11-24-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip588
I see Printz got a fighting major, how did he fair?

Sounded like he fared pretty well from the radio broadcast.

MojoJojo 11-25-2004 12:44 PM

Was at the game. Umberger looked spectacular. Made stuff happened with every rush, always had great second efforts. With better linemates (Carter!) he looks like he will be able to produce at the NHL level.

Otherwise what impressed me most was our defense. They were the big difference between the teams. Bergeron and Boyes were shut down, and the D was great at maintaining offensive pressure, got shots on net and wasnt afraid to pinch. Meyer's speed stood out. Pitkanen and Seidenberg were solid. Randy Jones was very solid, looks like he may be NHL potential.

Nittymaki was never really tested. Made good saves, but good coverage made the chances much less dangerous. Didnt have to scramble or save any rebound shots.

GKJ 11-25-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Sounded like he fared pretty well from the radio broadcast.

That should send Don Cherry into a frenzy.

Sun Valley 11-25-2004 02:18 PM

Thanks for all the input on the Phantoms doing so well. Wish I could see more games. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

flyersrock1 11-26-2004 11:10 PM

New Ahl Record!!!!!!! Next Game Is A Lock!!!!!

GKJ 11-26-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersrock1
New Ahl Record!!!!!!! Next Game Is A Lock!!!!!

This is Philadelphia. Nothing is a lock.