HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Sharks/Kings talk continued (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1140809)

The Nemesis 03-21-2012 12:13 AM

Sharks/Kings talk continued
 
let the pity party continue!

Can't forget the official theme song either:


Brent Burns 03-21-2012 12:13 AM

Come on Bakes, chew them out

And sorry homie, but this has to be the song

drunksage 03-21-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lareves
5-2 Kings

All my fantasy players score Kopitar x5 - Thornton, burns

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...2012-03-20.jpg

(First-half game-by-game SNOG results available here)

GameSNOG winner
Jan. 15 at CHInone
Jan. 17 vs CGYnone
Jan. 19 vs OTTnone
Jan. 21 at VANnone
Jan. 23 at EDMStreetSharks
Jan. 24 at CGYnone
Jan. 31 vs CBJnone
Feb. 2 vs DALjuantimer
Feb. 4 at PHXnone
Feb. 8 vs CGYnone
Feb. 10 vs CHInone
Feb. 12 at STLnone
Feb. 13 at WSHInsignia, one2gamble
Feb. 16 at TBnone
Feb. 17 at CARnone
Feb. 19 at DETnone
Feb. 21 at CBJnone
Feb. 23 at TORJayP812
Feb. 25 at NSHnone
Feb. 26 at MINnone
Feb. 28 vs PHInone
Mar. 1 vs BUFnone
Mar. 3 vs STLJayP812, sjshark91
Mar. 6 vs EDMnone
Mar. 8 at DALnone
Mar. 10 at PHXnone
Mar. 12 at EDMCupfortheSharks, parad0x, Sniper Archetype
Mar. 13 at CGYBarrie22
Mar. 15 vs NSHtherabbit20
Mar. 17 vs DETInsignia
Mar. 19 vs ANAnone
Mar. 20 at LALareves

Standings
------------
T-1.) Insignia, rangerssharks414, SpinTheBlackCircle (4)
T-4.) Barrie22, bluefunnel, drunksage, HOOCH2173, ilikebigjoe, jakeytown, JayP812, Linkster, magic school bus, norcaltactics, therabbit20 (2)
T-15.) 88eight, AKM83, BeeRad, Chaotic8, Chokers Gonna Choke, Cloweture, CupfortheSharks, EastBayShark, imagination, Inub0i, Jonny2134, juantimer, Kitten Mittons, KpopandHockey, Lareves, Lebanezer, MetalMind, one2gamble, parad0x, Shape, sharks fan 209, ShutterPro 21, sjshark91, Skyde, Sniper Archetype, Solmors, Stash, StreetSharks, Swervin81, TheHeat, VP and GM, wishman (1)

SJSharksfan39 03-21-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

WantanAbandon

Again this isn't basketball...
What does that have to do with anything?

StreetSharks 03-21-2012 12:15 AM

Look at the bright side, still two games left against the Kings!

Gene Parmesan 03-21-2012 12:15 AM

9 more.

DefaultSharkie6 03-21-2012 12:15 AM

well i'll have to look for a small animal to kick or maybe hunt down a king somewhere and play south park rohshambo for that stupid cartman


but if/deal with satan/miracle out of those nine games could we some how pull off 6-8 wins ?

Dicdonya 03-21-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 46450253)
So Sharks get dominated for 50+ minutes. Niemi lets in one-soft goal. The game is clearly all Niemi's fault.

Its not all his fault but that last goal absolutely sealed the deal. That last goal is exactly, EXACTLY the type of goal a cup winning goalie can not allow to go in. The team was outplayed most of the game yes, but with 4ish minutes left and the team finally playing with some pop having just scored the last goal to get it within 1 he CAN NOT let that goal in.

A lot of people complain about neimi not being able to steal a game or get the saves at the right time, that 4th goal is exactly why people feel that way about him. That goal cannot go in at that time, it was a horrid shot that he saw all the way, was not shot very hard, and did not change direction at all, in the third period of a basically must win game with 4ish minutes left and your team finally had some momentum going. Atrocious, there is no defending that that goal decided the game hands down. No chance after that.

sharkie88 03-21-2012 12:16 AM

The funny part is that this bunch of losers could still make it. 9 games left, Pacific still in reach, most games against teams we don't want getting points. They control their own destiny. But if tonight and last night are any indication, we're in for a little bit of false hope and a whole lot of disappointment.

I'd better start focusing on the things I can control (i.e. school) and try to stop caring so much about a bunch of grown men being paid millions to do their jobs terribly.

Anyway, night folks!

WantonAbandon 03-21-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkie551 (Post 46450755)
What does that have to do with anything?

Superstars can't carry a team like they can in the NBA. Even in the NBA the bench is important, but I digress...

NoBS 03-21-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicdonya (Post 46450831)
Its not all his fault but that last goal absolutely sealed the deal. That last goal is exactly, EXACTLY the type of goal a cup winning goalie can not allow to go in. The team was outplayed most of the game yes, but with 4ish minutes left and the team finally playing with some pop having just scored the last goal to get it within 1 he CAN NOT let that goal in.

A lot of people complain about neimi not being able to steal a game or get the saves at the right time, that 4th goal is exactly why people feel that way about him. That goal cannot go in at that time, it was a horrid shot that he saw all the way, was not shot very hard, and did not change direction at all, in the third period of a basically must win game with 4ish minutes left and your team finally had some momentum going. Atrocious, there is no defending that that goal decided the game hands down. No chance after that.

Well said.

Pinkfloyd 03-21-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 46450561)
I agree. And they really weren't controlling the play at all this game. There isn't a difference between the score being 4-2 with Niemi's soft goal, and the score being 4-2 with an empty net goal.

There isn't when it comes to the scoreboard at the end of the day. There is a difference when it comes to analyzing individual performance and in-game momentum, with regards to when that goal is tallied. Obviously, in your hypothetical, it's not any different between the four minute goal and the empty netter but saying that there isn't a difference between a 4-2 tally in the second and a 4-2 tally in the third with four to go is just plain wrong when it comes to momentum.

Nemo played very well on the whole of it. But there are plenty of times where an individual is rightfully chewed out over one big mistake even with a good game everywhere else. That goal, in reality, is that big mistake.

hockeyball 03-21-2012 12:18 AM

It's frustrating, but really guys, this team is broken, we were not going anywhere anyway. They have no confidence in the system, their coach, the goalie, or themselves and major changes need to be made.

I hope DW does the smart thing and sells hard this off-season and brings him some high draft picks and starts fresh. Trade anyone not named Couture, Burns, Vlasic, Havlat, Pavelski and build a young fast team with a better coach and system.

WineShark 03-21-2012 12:18 AM

I hate Brodie Brazil. I hate Douglas Murray. I hate you. What are you looking at? I hate Jamie Baker and the Hedicam .... Brett who used to have "qualifications" posted next to his on-screen face when he was commenting. I hate Doug Wilson and all the cliche's that are going to come out of the interviews. Where is Link Gaetz when you need him for a moral victory?

Gene Parmesan 03-21-2012 12:18 AM

Im sure TMac has even more grey hair.

WantonAbandon 03-21-2012 12:20 AM

Oh sure guys maybe if we had Lundqvist or Rinne we may have have had a small chance of absolutely stealing that game. Yipee skipee.

DefaultSharkie6 03-21-2012 12:20 AM

i hate things too wineshark :)

TheDanceOfMaternity 03-21-2012 12:20 AM

I don't think DW deserves another chance

Gene Parmesan 03-21-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WineShark (Post 46450919)
I hate Brodie Brazil. I hate Douglas Murray. I hate you. What are you looking at? I hate Jamie Baker and the Hedicam .... Brett who used to have "qualifications" posted next to his on-screen face when he was commenting. I hate Doug Wilson and all the cliche's that are going to come out of the interviews. Where is Link Gaetz when you need him for a moral victory?

He's facedown in a ditch after beating up the whole LNAH.

WineShark 03-21-2012 12:21 AM

Post game video in the dressing room.


WantonAbandon 03-21-2012 12:21 AM

nevermind

WTFetus 03-21-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 46450899)
Nemo played very well on the whole of it. But there are plenty of times where an individual is rightfully chewed out over one big mistake even with a good game everywhere else. That goal, in reality, is that big mistake.

Yeah, that goal was definitely weak. I just disagree with the posters saying Niemi cost them the game, and that this game is all on Niemi. Sure he cost them their very, very slim chance of tying it, but the Sharks were outplayed the entire game and most likely wouldn't have tied it regardless.

SactoShork 03-21-2012 12:22 AM

That last goal gets even worse the more you watch it. Just a dismal, pathetic, embarrassing attempt at a save.

ScoreZeGoals 03-21-2012 12:22 AM

Tough game tonight guys. It being the Sharks third games in four nights, they definitely looked exhausted. Hopefully you guys can get your **** together over the next 7 and knock out the Yotes, Stars, or Avs. Good luck!

DrFeelgood 03-21-2012 12:22 AM

This team has turned my avatar into an alcoholic


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.