HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dave Andrews and Doug Yingst Announcement (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1142029)

hb11xchamps 03-22-2012 08:51 AM

Dave Andrews and Doug Yingst Announcement

It was announced at Hershey's game last night that Dave Andrews and Doug Yingst will be making an announcement at Saturday's game that everyone will want to hear. Any speculation on what it might be?

So far on the Hershey board we have come up with a few ideas

1) Goalie Cam/Replay: There has been a camera in one of the Hershey nets a few times this year and on random dates. No one knows why its been there and it could be being tested out.

2) Outdoor Game: There have been rumors that Hershey will be hosting the outdoor game a Hershey Park Stadium next year because of it being Hershey's 75th year in the league

3) Hall of Fame: This idea was interesting. One poster had said that maybe Hershey's Old barn could be the new AHL Hall of Fame location, giving it a permanent residence for fans to visit

pelts35.com 03-22-2012 09:25 AM

If those are the 3 options on the table, I would venture to guess that the likelihood would be

1. Outdoor game (89.9%)
2. Instant replay (10%)
3. AHL HOF (.1% - honestly I don't see an AHL HOF being much of a draw for people to visit)

Tommy Hawk 03-22-2012 10:19 AM

Maybe Andrews is going to announce he is retiring and Yingst is his successor.

Maybe it is the Calder Cup presentation and an announcement that there will be no need for playoffs this year.

Maybe it is Andrew just wanting to be at a place where he is not constantly booed.

Maybe Andrews is going to announce he has chosen axecrew as his disciplinarian, RFA in charge of the schedule, Hans in charge of team compliance with league rules, and hitch as legal counsel.........:sarcasm:

hb11xchamps 03-22-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk (Post 46518475)
Maybe Andrews is going to announce he is retiring and Yingst is his successor.

Maybe it is the Calder Cup presentation and an announcement that there will be no need for playoffs this year.

Maybe it is Andrew just wanting to be at a place where he is not constantly booed.

Maybe Andrews is going to announce he has chosen axecrew as his disciplinarian, RFA in charge of the schedule, Hans in charge of team compliance with league rules, and hitch as legal counsel.........:sarcasm:

There are many many Hershey fans, myself included, who do not like Andrews and will boo him at the announcement.

hb11xchamps 03-22-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 46516545)
If those are the 3 options on the table, I would venture to guess that the likelihood would be

1. Outdoor game (89.9%)
2. Instant replay (10%)
3. AHL HOF (.1% - honestly I don't see an AHL HOF being much of a draw for people to visit)

I was thinking this as well but you will always have your die hard fans, Hershey tourists, and booster clubs who could visit the Old Barn

axecrew 03-22-2012 12:37 PM

I'm guessing outdoor game...if it were any thing replay related there would be no need for anyone else to be there, plus the world would also be on fire.

Ok tommy got it i get disaplinarian huh.....I'm liking it..hmm...as my first act I declare all AHL on ice officials suspended without pay until such time they can demonstrate an unbiased and complete knowledge of ALL rules, regardless of the score or the period.

GarbageGoal 03-22-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb11xchamps (Post 46520249)
There are many many Hershey fans, myself included, who do not like Andrews and will boo him at the announcement.

Most AHL fans hate him and they don't even know why.

My guess is Washington has forfeited the season and are being allowed to send Semin and Ovechkin down without clearing waivers. Some of the GMs on PennLive say this is possible, so it must be true!

Frank Booth 03-22-2012 10:16 PM

Perhaps they're going to announce their engagement.

RFA 03-24-2012 09:27 AM

AHL HOF would be a nice idea, decent spot for it. It would probably be cheaper than the goal cams. There's been cameras in Albany for a few years. It's usually used only when two or more opponenets slide into the Albany net though. Or if a scrum stays in the crease.

The HOF would probably involve screwing plaques into the wall, and Hershey doesn't seem to have a problem finding sponsors. I'm sure my wife would donate most of my AHL gamers if given the opportunity.

It's probably to say NYR is leaving CT, and will be in ADK, Bingo, SYR and Albany in two years.

pelts35.com 03-24-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFA (Post 46632307)
AHL HOF would be a nice idea, decent spot for it. It would probably be cheaper than the goal cams. There's been cameras in Albany for a few years. It's usually used only when two or more opponenets slide into the Albany net though. Or if a scrum stays in the crease.

The HOF would probably involve screwing plaques into the wall, and Hershey doesn't seem to have a problem finding sponsors. I'm sure my wife would donate most of my AHL gamers if given the opportunity.

It's probably to say NYR is leaving CT, and will be in ADK, Bingo, SYR and Albany in two years.

What would Doug Yingst have to do with that announcement?

RFA 03-24-2012 03:41 PM

Dave Andrews is his puppet, or at the least they are in cahoots.

I think NYR will have only one AHL team though.

210 03-24-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 46644359)
What would Doug Yingst have to do with that announcement?

Please don't ask relevant questions, it gets in the way of some people's fantasies.

RFA 03-24-2012 03:43 PM

I also bet that it's no coincidence that Andrews in in Hershey this time of year, he's leaving with a trunk full of easter candy, compliments of Yingst. Heard it from a long time STH in Lake Erie.

Rumblick 03-25-2012 08:23 AM

And the winner is .....

1) I have no idea why Lord David was even there. Yingst handled pretty much the entire announcement, and LD was left with the scraps.

2) I like the idea that this will be a seperate purchase and not part of the STH package. Saves me from having to dump the tickets.

adsfan 03-25-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarbageGoal (Post 46542465)
Most AHL fans hate him and they don't even know why.

My guess is Washington has forfeited the season and are being allowed to send Semin and Ovechkin down without clearing waivers. Some of the GMs on PennLive say this is possible, so it must be true!

Andrews doesn't like the Wolves, so an Admirals fan like myself should like him. However, he shows up in Milwaukee about once every 3 or 4 years that I know about. We have an International airport in Milwaukee. I pretty sure that Chicago has at least one such airport. We aren't the hinterlands despite what some morons on the coasts believe. Seventy percent of the US population lives in the middle.

We get some refs who need to go back to ref school or to midgets. They don't skate well and fall behind the play and don't see things like penalties and goals. My wife has noticed that the officiating this season has been worse than usual. She typically says nothing about the refs over the last 30 years, so some guys really must stink this season. Being ignored by management and getting crappy refs irks the fans!

This fan knows why he doesn't like Dave Andrews. Maybe if he came by for one game a season and one playoff game, the Milwaukee fans would show him some respect. He disrespects us by his actions since 2001. As friendly and hospitable as we are, you don't do that! Little upsets Midwesterners more than being ignored or disrespected. It is a fatal mistake. The fact that I am joining with Wolves fans in their complaints should underscore how bad a job that Dave Andrews has done in dealing with the teams west of Cleveland.

Frank Booth 03-25-2012 01:30 PM

Andrews has not set foot in Quicken Loans Arena during the five seasons of the Monsters and only came once during the five years of the Barons after the playoff incident when Perezhogin tried to kill Stafford with his stick during the playoffs in 2004.

Lurch 03-26-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 46690583)
And the winner is .....

1) I have no idea why Lord David was even there. Yingst handled pretty much the entire announcement, and LD was left with the scraps.

2) I like the idea that this will be a seperate purchase and not part of the STH package. Saves me from having to dump the tickets.

Dump tickets? You won't go to a home game because it is outdoor?

Rumblick 03-26-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 46737107)
Dump tickets? You won't go to a home game because it is outdoor?

I don't like the whole concept of outdoor hockey. At its best, it's freezing enough to keep the ice good (and freeze your nuts off). At worst, it's 40-degrees or more and it's a slushfest. Besides, the sightlines suck for hockey at any football / baseball venue, so you'll end up watching it on the jumbotron (and where's that in HP Stadium?) The bleacher seats are God awful in that place; the price is looking to be WAY higher than any AHL game has a right to be. Face it; there are more reasons to skip it than to show up.

Besides, it's Wilkes-Barre. it's not like I don't have 6-10 more opportunities to see them if I want.

pelts35.com 03-26-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 46744617)
I don't like the whole concept of outdoor hockey. At its best, it's freezing enough to keep the ice good (and freeze your nuts off). At worst, it's 40-degrees or more and it's a slushfest. Besides, the sightlines suck for hockey at any football / baseball venue, so you'll end up watching it on the jumbotron (and where's that in HP Stadium?) The bleacher seats are God awful in that place; the price is looking to be WAY higher than any AHL game has a right to be. Face it; there are more reasons to skip it than to show up.

Besides, it's Wilkes-Barre. it's not like I don't have 6-10 more opportunities to see them if I want.

I agree with you 100% Rum.

Tommy Hawk 03-26-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 46747173)
I agree with you 100% Rum.

Me too. And this whole thing of going back to "pond hockey" feel. How many of these guys nowadays even played pond hockey or had a rink in their back yard? A lot less than 25 years ago.......

adsfan 03-26-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Booth (Post 46698917)
Andrews has not set foot in Quicken Loans Arena during the five seasons of the Monsters and only came once during the five years of the Barons after the playoff incident when Perezhogin tried to kill Stafford with his stick during the playoffs in 2004.

I don't expect Dave Andrews to travel 6 nights out of 7. But I do wonder where he spends all of his time? I guess he doesn't go to Cleveland either, except once a decade, along with Milwaukee and Chicago. How about you other 26 cities that are not Springfield? Any Andrews sightings? If not, how about UFOs or Bigfoot?

SFTC Addict 03-27-2012 07:18 AM

If it's executed as swimmingly as it was at the NYS Fairgrounds ya'll attending are in for a treat....

pelts35.com 03-27-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 46793709)
If it's executed as swimmingly as it was at the NYS Fairgrounds ya'll attending are in for a treat....

Not a chance. Knowing how Hershey operates I don't see the execution of the event being an issue.

SFTC Addict 03-27-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 46794323)
Not a chance. Knowing how Hershey operates I don't see the execution of the event being an issue.

Haven't been to this alleged stadium but I know from some I talked to sitting in different places their were sight line issues at the Fairgrounds.

pelts35.com 03-27-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 46802509)
Haven't been to this alleged stadium but I know from some I talked to sitting in different places their were sight line issues at the Fairgrounds.

The sightlines for the game in Syracuse were abysmal at best. Combine that with the cluster of getting into the Fairgrounds from the highway and it was just a complete nightmare.

Forgetting the poor sightlines of sitting in a stadium to watch a hockey game, I am quite confident that the Bears will do a great job with the non-hockey details of the game.