HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   First San Jose Sharks Game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1142571)

dothedougiemurray 03-22-2012 07:42 PM

First San Jose Sharks Game

So, I went to my first Sharks game a week ago, against Nashville and I made a video recapping my night, so if you don't mind watching it....it'd be great! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTCwP...ure=plpp_video

And while we're at it, I'm interested in knowing your experiences at your first Sharks game!

Has this been a topic of a thread already? If it is...then I'm sorry! :laugh:

SpinTheBlackCircle 03-22-2012 07:53 PM

My first Sharks game was at the old Cow Palace with my dad. Lost, as they normally did, to the Hawks. Horrible place to watch a game. Had a great time. :)

DrFeelgood 03-22-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle (Post 46546457)
My first Sharks game was at the old Cow Palace with my dad. Lost, as they normally did, to the Hawks. Horrible place to watch a game. Had a great time. :)

My first game was the first one at the Cow Palace. I still have my pin :D

I was also at the Nashville game from the OP. My friend fell down about 13 rows of stairs after a bit too much alcohol :laugh:

(he's ok, if anybody cares)

StreetSharks 03-22-2012 08:05 PM

good video!

PS i like your other video "**** shark fans say during a slump: :laugh:

Naki 03-22-2012 08:13 PM

My first game was in the playoffs vs the blues. Marleau had a hat trick, pronger got ejected and mclarean killed cajanek.

Brent Burns 03-22-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naki (Post 46548141)
My first game was in the playoffs vs the blues. Marleau had a hat trick, pronger got ejected and mclarean killed cajanek.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...om/bearcry.jpg

OffSydes 03-22-2012 09:14 PM

My first Sharks game was at the Cow Palace in the wood seats and I got yelled at for taking off my Starter jacket during play.:(

ChompChomp 03-22-2012 09:15 PM

My first in person was the season opener of 99-00 season. It was a trip from my school (Univ of the Pacific in Stockton). Our seats were upper bowl, behind a net, Sharks beat the Flames, it was a GREAT time.

Never really thought about it until now, but in that 99-00 which popped my Sharks in person cherry, I went to the season opener, the season finale (the game they threw to get the 8 seed), and all of the home games vs. Blues in the playoffs (and Game 4 vs. Dallas).

Good times.

BigDmitriy 03-22-2012 09:19 PM

My first game was ironically against the Preds too a few years before the lockout...they won 5-2. I was at this Preds game as well...glad you had a blast, but be warned, it's nowhere near as a fast and fun when they're getting killed. Regardless, welcome to the crew.

As Mr. Plank from FTF says...God save us all. Go Sharks.

SHARPENCAP 03-23-2012 12:14 AM

My first game was in 1-29-09 against Phoenix when Marcel Goc & Christan Ehrhoff scored both goals and what was so memorable was they were behind the glass seats and an usher gave me a game puck :)

jwhitesj 03-23-2012 01:15 AM

Your a good stroy teller and very creative. Next Morgan Spurlock on our hands here. ;)

sharksohnoes! 03-23-2012 01:28 AM

My first game was MLK day, 1994. Still have the ticket stubs. I was 8.

Squeeven 03-23-2012 01:59 AM

Sadly, I can't afford to go to San Jose for a game, and won't be able to any time soon. I saw the Sharks last year when they went to Buffalo and lost 6-3, and exactly a month ago today, here in Toronto during that dreadful road trip when they beat the Leafs 2-1. I had a freaking blast at that game. Glad to hear you had a great experience at your first game, welcome to the most pessimistic board of all time, the Sharks board. :)

Mafoofoo 03-23-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naki (Post 46548141)

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect first game.

Naki 03-23-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 46572013)
Couldn't have asked for a more perfect first game.

I think nabby got the shutout in that one as well. Couldn't get much better.

Lukko4 03-23-2012 09:29 AM

February 12, 1992 at the Montreal Forum. Sharks lost 6-1. Don't remember too much about it since I was 10. Been to many more over the years in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Boston. Hoping to one day get out to HP!

CupfortheSharks 03-23-2012 09:51 AM

My first game was during the Sharks 1st season. I was attending San Jose State and a friend of my girlfriend arranged a group outing to go to the game. There were about a dozen of us. The girls mostly just talked throughout the entire game and didn't pay much attention. I remember wondering why they even wanted to go to the game. I tuned them out as much as possible, enjoyed the game, and started becoming a Sharks fan.

Can HaZ Trainz 03-23-2012 11:30 AM

My first Sharks game was this seasons 0-1 loss to the Sabres. Went with my girlfriend, a Sabres fan, and a couple newbies. It was an overall good experience minus the lack of scoring atmosphere. Didn't impress my girlfriend that much but I'm hoping we'll get to some games next season. It was just a really unlucky first game to go to.

sharksohnoes! 03-23-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle (Post 46546457)

Don't tell me that. I just picked out my seats for the SF Bulls. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutterPro 21 (Post 46582863)
My first Sharks game was this seasons 0-1 loss to the Sabres. Went with my girlfriend, a Sabres fan, and a couple newbies. It was an overall good experience minus the lack of scoring atmosphere. Didn't impress my girlfriend that much but I'm hoping we'll get to some games next season. It was just a really unlucky first game to go to.

I know that feel bro. Think how everyone that went on the bus trip the last 2 years felt :shakehead

do0glas 03-23-2012 01:01 PM

my first game was against the CAPS this year in san jose 5-3 win.

i then proceeded to go to the sabres game :(

then i travelled to glendale for the phoenix game. :(

ill be living in sac-town next season, so ill be going to more! probably do a 10 game pass or something.

Lazyking 03-23-2012 01:05 PM

Sometime in the future.

glad you had a great time, Cindy:)

skilks 03-23-2012 01:43 PM

My first game my dad had won club level seats at work. Got there super early so I could watch the warmups. Next thing I know I hear a *PING* and look to see that Ricci had rifled one off the corner of the crossbar. I stood there mouth open in awe as a puck comes sailing towards me (pre-safety net days, obviously). And have to hit the floor to not get it by it. Got the puck and a special case for it, but never got a chance to get him to sign it. Still memorable though.

lsx 03-23-2012 02:17 PM

Cow palace against the glass vs. the flames...don't remember who won.

Iron Chef 03-23-2012 02:29 PM

My first Sharks game was back in 93-94 season. We played an exhibition game against Team USA and actually won haha. I was 10 years old at the time. My teacher was a huge hockey nut and setup after school foot hockey games on the blacktop. From then on, I was hooked on the game. It also helped that my dad's company had season tickets and would give them to us for free.

I still remember the first playoff series. That moment when Jamie Baker scored that goal, my dad and I leapt into each others arms and went nuts.

ArcataShark 03-23-2012 02:43 PM

Lol, cow palace with my pops too. We lost but it was an exciting time.