HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   OT: "authentic" jets jersey question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1143407)

ghost88* 03-23-2012 05:22 PM

"authentic" jets jersey question

I'm looking at getting another jersey.

Obviously there's the replica one... but I've noticed that there are TWO different authentic or "pro" jerseys... one that's 249.99 and one that's 299.99?

Do anyone know the difference between the two?

Jets 03-23-2012 05:32 PM

Ones made in Canada, the other is made in Indonesia.

Difference - none.

ghost88* 03-23-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jets (Post 46599797)

Difference - none.

Cheers, mate!

cbcwpg 03-23-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Difference - none.

To clarify after talking to the Jets Gear store and others in the know, other than the country they are made in, there is one main difference.

You can tell the difference by the Canadian made jersey having a red collar and the off-shore jersey having a green/yellow collar.

The main difference is the weight of the material that is used to make the jersey. The Canadian made jersey uses slightly heavier and stronger material as these are the jerseys the players wear on the ice so they have to take the abuse. The off-shore jerseys are made for the fan that wants to wear something as close as possible to what the players wear.

Generally clubs and the NHL don't make the Canadian jerseys available to the public, except in a special case ( 1st NHL season ) like the Jets who were given a large batch to sell this season. I asked at the store and was told they are not planning on getting more Canadian made jerseys. This could of course change, who knows.

Turbofan 03-24-2012 02:32 PM

Before making a decision, you should check out this Facebook page, which is against these new Indonesia-made jerseys for quality issues.

http://www.facebook.com/AntiIndoEdge

GrimReaperMB 03-28-2012 05:09 PM

I just brought in my 2nd jersey to be customized at Jets Gear st.vital on Monday. Both are made in Canada Authentics and the guys there told me that there expecting more domestic made in Canada ones to be coming in by the end of April. I'm hoping the Nhl has listened to the fans and are completely getting rid of the Indonesian ones!

cutchemist42 01-28-2013 02:15 PM

The Indonesian ones have a good sale on at Pro Hockey Life for like $110. My dad got one, the guy there said they had just have too many because of the lockout slowdown.

bigplay41* 01-28-2013 02:26 PM

since were on topic about Authentic Jerseys. I have the Canadian one size 50. How much does it cost to get a name bar and numbers put on it? i know it depends on how they put it on i think one is pressed? i dunno it was a while ago when i talked to Jets Gear. I would want the more expensive way so it looks nicer.

Gm0ney 01-28-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigplay41 (Post 58535701)
since were on topic about Authentic Jerseys. I have the Canadian one size 50. How much does it cost to get a name bar and numbers put on it? i know it depends on how they put it on i think one is pressed? i dunno it was a while ago when i talked to Jets Gear. I would want the more expensive way so it looks nicer.

I believe the stitched customization costs $89.99. There's a pressed option available for less...not sure how much - $49.99 or $59.99 probably.

BrokerD 01-28-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Difference - none.

Not true... Quality differences are apparent. Get the CDN made pro jersey--you will not be disappointed.

ajmidd12 01-28-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigplay41 (Post 58535701)

That would be like buying a Mercedes Benz and putting faux leather seat covers over the seats.... :p:

Go with the stitched option you won't regret it, especially when the pressed one starts to peel.

bromine 01-28-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wings (Post 46642519)
Before making a decision, you should check out this Facebook page, which is against these new Indonesia-made jerseys for quality issues.

http://www.facebook.com/AntiIndoEdge

Thanks for the link. That is eye-opening.

IMO, Reebok and the NHL have absolutely no justification for charging $250 for a jersey that is manufactured in a developing country.

They could easily make them all in N.A., provide some much-needed jobs, and still turn a nice profit. Instead, they went the greedy route, and in-part vindicate the cheap fans who buy the knock-offs to save a buck (or two hundred).

bigplay41* 01-28-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bromine (Post 58550731)
Thanks for the link. That is eye-opening.

IMO, Reebok and the NHL have absolutely no justification for charging $250 for a jersey that is manufactured in a developing country.

They could easily make them all in N.A., provide some much-needed jobs, and still turn a nice profit. Instead, they went the greedy route, and in-part vindicate the cheap fans who buy the knock-offs to save a buck (or two hundred).

I dont really blame them if you can save money any way why not?

bromine 01-28-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigplay41 (Post 58556407)
I dont really blame them if you can save money any way why not?

Depends on your point of view and your personal values, I guess.

To me, the pursuit of maximum profit regardless of human cost is not virtuous.

Reed Solomon 01-28-2013 10:25 PM

I have an Indonesian one. Canadian made is superior.