HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Talk by Country (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Who is the New "Best Player Outside of NHL"? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1143885)

JetsAlternate 03-24-2012 05:43 AM

Who is the New "Best Player Outside of NHL"?
 
There is always an enormous amount of curiosity from North American hockey fans about players who are not yet in the NHL. There had certainly been a buzz about Alexander Radulov's return to the NHL, as fans already knew how talented he was. Unfortunately, not much is known about other international players.

For many, the prospect of being able to bring that player to the National Hockey League is very exciting, and often that player will be highly sought after. Regardless, the player in question must first be identified.

With the return of Radulov to the NHL, who do you believe is his successor as the best player outside of the National Hockey League?

Franck 03-24-2012 07:48 AM

I don't think there is anyone that truly stands out from the rest now that Radulov is in the NHL.

bp spec 03-24-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franck (Post 46630759)
I don't think there is anyone that truly stands out from the rest now that Radulov is in the NHL.

Have to agree with this. Of course there are talented players in Europe, but not as outstanding as Radulov.

ozo 03-24-2012 11:33 AM

From the older guys, I'd say Roman Cervenka, he is really impressive. I could easily see some NHL team giving him a one way deal instantly.

Though it's hard to look past Kuznetsov, he has been unstoppable this season.

Eamonn* 03-25-2012 08:48 PM

Kuznetsov.. Granlund..

joe89 03-25-2012 09:00 PM

Obviously the guy finishing second in the scoring race, Tony Mĺrtensson :sarcasm:

Helpoing 03-26-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eamonn (Post 46722833)
Kuznetsov.. Granlund..

Those two and Tarasenko are obviously super talented and have great potential, but none of them can be called Europe's very best yet.

steveott 03-26-2012 09:59 AM

oldrich valek

Pajicz 03-26-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 46635805)
From the older guys, I'd say Roman Cervenka, he is really impressive. I could easily see some NHL team giving him a one way deal instantly.

Though it's hard to look past Kuznetsov, he has been unstoppable this season.

Cervenka is great, really surprised that no NHL team has yet offered him a contract.

Also younger guys, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Granlund...

Ciccarelli 03-26-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helpoing (Post 46733503)
Those two and Tarasenko are obviously super talented and have great potential, but none of them can be called Europe's very best yet.

You can make a case for Granlund though. Over a PPG in SM-Liiga and completely dominated the World Championships last year. Although as of right now he's not even a top-10 player in the SM-Liiga, been kinda cold after the WJC. Sami Vatanen is by far the best player in the SM-Liiga right now, don't know how he compares to the top player in other European league though. Silfverberg's been great in Sweden this season too...

Mirinho 03-26-2012 04:41 PM

I'd say Roman Cervenka ... still only 26 years old

alko 03-27-2012 03:25 AM

Tomáš Záborský had impressive season.

HC Bienne 03-27-2012 04:53 PM

Cervenka and Mĺrtensson. they are great.

Omark 04-13-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eamonn* (Post 46722833)
Kuznetsov.. Granlund..

Granlund? :D You can't be serious....

1. Roman Cervenka
2. Ilya Nikulin
3. Evgeni Kuznetsov
4. Vladimir Tarasenko
5. Sami Vatanen


Zaborsky wouldn't be TOP 10 forward in KHL but he's absolutely the best forward outside NHL and KHL.

duga 04-13-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omark (Post 47895617)
Zaborsky wouldn't be TOP 10 forward in KHL but he's absolutely the best forward outside NHL and KHL.

Well, I'm not sure Damien Brunner agrees with that.
He'll go overseas next year, after declining some NHL offers last year

hz 04-13-2012 02:25 PM

Right now i dont see how anyone could be better then Silfverberg. It is not often you see someone dominating the playoffs like Silfverbergs done.

Mr Kanadensisk 04-14-2012 10:39 AM

I think Kevin Dallman is quite a bit better than anyone mentioned here so far.

Zine 04-14-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk (Post 47970953)
I think Kevin Dallman is quite a bit better than anyone mentioned here so far.

How can you make this statement when you've never seen him play?

What aspect of Dallman's game makes him better than anybody else?
What do you like/dislike about his play?
In what ways does d-partner Novopashin affect him?


Imo, Dallman's a great offensive d-man in the KHL; a player any team would love to sign.....but also a player that benefits from his circumstance (tones of ice/PP time and sometimes he's allowed to be a 4th forward).

Taken out of his element in Barys, I don't think he's well rounded enough to be more than a #2/3 dman and pp specialist on an Ak Bars or somebody.

Zine 04-14-2012 03:21 PM

Vehanen or Cervenka.

Cervenka has been incredable these playoffs.

perklunt 04-14-2012 03:58 PM

I think thats the guy

Zamuz 04-14-2012 05:37 PM

Granlund and Silfverberg, don't know much about KHL.. Morozov and Zherdev maybe from there

Mr Kanadensisk 04-14-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 47983599)
How can you make this statement when you've never seen him play?

What aspect of Dallman's game makes him better than anybody else?
What do you like/dislike about his play?
In what ways does d-partner Novopashin affect him?


Imo, Dallman's a great offensive d-man in the KHL; a player any team would love to sign.....but also a player that benefits from his circumstance (tones of ice/PP time and sometimes he's allowed to be a 4th forward).

Taken out of his element in Barys, I don't think he's well rounded enough to be more than a #2/3 dman and pp specialist on an Ak Bars or somebody.

To start with the guy has put up the closest thing to Bobby Orr like numbers that any pro league has seen in 40 years.

Subjective comparisons based on peoples biased observations of players abilities are kind of pointless in terms of a debate. You may be able to explain why you like a player, but arguments on who is better that aren't backed up by some sort of meaningful statistic aren't really worth the time.

For example could you make the argument why Cervenka is better than say Cory Conacher?

malkinfan 04-15-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 47984639)
Vehanen or Cervenka.

Cervenka has been incredable these playoffs.

Cervanka yes, but Vehanen? You can't be serious, horribly inconsistent + soft goals galore. Ramo is much better.

malkinfan 04-15-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zamuz (Post 47993993)
Granlund and Silfverberg, don't know much about KHL.. Morozov and Zherdev maybe from there

Morozov is aging, I don't think he is in this discussion any more, but Granlund would be in the top 5, Zherdev still shows flashes of super-stardom. Based on talent alone Zherev by a landslide, but his attitude sucks. His skills are very close to Semins but cries on ice and yells at teammates if he doesn't get passes etc.. Every once in a while he makes that play that wows you and makes you think he could be among the best in the world.

In no particular order gotta be : Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Granlund, Anisin, Zherdev, Cervenka. Goalie is Ramo, I think he'll be a star in the NHL at some point in his career still.

Zine 04-15-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk (Post 48008743)
To start with the guy has put up the closest thing to Bobby Orr like numbers that any pro league has seen in 40 years.

Subjective comparisons based on peoples biased observations of players abilities are kind of pointless in terms of a debate. You may be able to explain why you like a player, but arguments on who is better that aren't backed up by some sort of meaningful statistic aren't really worth the time.

For example could you make the argument why Cervenka is better than say Cory Conacher?

You really have no arguement if you haven't seen Dallman play.
Dallman's a great KHLer but someone like Kirill Koltsov could put up similar numbers if put in the same circumstance.

Seriously, despite the opinions from various posters (from numerous countries) in this thread, it's comical that the only person pimping Dallman is a biased Canadian who's never actually seen him play.:whatever:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.