HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Promising Bryzgalov Stat (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1144539)

BrindamoursNose 03-24-2012 10:53 PM

Promising Bryzgalov Stat
 
Just read a very promising Tweet that cited Elias Sports Bureau as a source:

"Per Elias, Bryz has become the first Flyers G since Bernie Parent in 1974-75 to allow 2 goals or fewer in 11 straight games"


I can't put into words how happy this makes me.

:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

PIMPPPPPP

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/edit...er_classic.jpg

HartsyMania 03-24-2012 10:56 PM

Shhhhhhhhh

BernieParent 03-24-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 46680011)
Just read a very promising Tweet that cited Elias Sports Bureau as a source:

"Per Elias, Bryz has become the first Flyers G since Bernie Parent in 1974-75 to allow 2 goals or fewer in 11 straight games"


I can't put into words how happy this makes me.

:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

PIMPPPPPP

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/edit...er_classic.jpg

That's some nice company to keep. It is just incredible how enormous the difference is between first-half Bryzgalov and (mostly) second-half Bryzgalov.

freakydallas13 03-25-2012 03:31 AM

now we just need Bryz to bring us the other only thing Parent as a goalie has :sarcasm:

BleedOrange 03-25-2012 07:00 AM

Bryz has been great the last 15 or so games he needs to stay focus on the TEAM and he should be fine.

RJNSmith 03-25-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedOrange (Post 46689855)
Bryz has been great the last 15 or so games he needs to stay focus on the TEAM and he should be fine.

If it weren't for our stupid beat writers asking him personal questions and questions about himself, I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem.

FlyersFan61290 03-25-2012 11:45 AM

Another interesting tidbit

Quote:

When Ilya Bryzgalov met with the media following a 6-4 loss to the Penguins that saw him get pulled in the second period after allowing three goals on 13 shots -- including a pair of shorthanded goals less than two minutes apart -- Bryzgalov said, "I know I've got to be better. I will continue to work on this but … I'll try to find peace in my soul to play in this city." Whatever he's found has worked perfectly; since that game, Bryzgalov is 12-3-1 with a 1.63 goals-against average, a .940 save percentage and four shutouts.
Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623727

Larry44 03-25-2012 12:19 PM

As posted by someone else on the O&B board:

Crazy Bryz fact: if you take away the 4 game slump October 20-27 where he gave up 5, then 4, then 5, then 4, he has a 2.28 average and .918 save percentage, going 31-10-7 with 6 by shutout. He'd be in the Vezina conversation.

Since New Years: .928, 2.02
Since ASB: .934, 1.83

BrindamoursNose 03-25-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 46694815)
I believe the run is now at 12 straight games with 2 goals or less. Wonder how many Bernie had

Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623988

Another interesting tidbit
Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623727

I don't think that's accurate. I was on Yahoo and saw his game log. By my count, it's at only 11 games still. The 12th he let in 3 goals. Correct me if I'm wrong.

FlyersFan61290 03-25-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 46698787)
I don't think that's accurate. I was on Yahoo and saw his game log. By my count, it's at only 11 games still. The 12th he let in 3 goals. Correct me if I'm wrong.

you are correct, people at NHL.com f'd up. 3 goals in a 6-3 win over the islanders 12 games back. thanks for the correction

Bernie Parent 1974 03-25-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 46695951)
As posted by someone else on the O&B board:

Crazy Bryz fact: if you take away the 4 game slump October 20-27 where he gave up 5, then 4, then 5, then 4, he has a 2.28 average and .918 save percentage, going 31-10-7 with 6 by shutout. He'd be in the Vezina conversation.

Since New Years: .928, 2.02
Since ASB: .934, 1.83

Holy Mackinaw!

JDinklage Morgoone 03-25-2012 06:13 PM

Bryz is my man.

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-25-2012 06:24 PM

Interesting. I do remember the game in which Parent's streak was snapped and it was against -- of all teams -- the Golden Seals who were one of the two or three worst teams in the League.

FlyersFan61290 03-25-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 46712875)
Interesting. I do remember the game in which Parent's streak was snapped and it was against -- of all teams -- the Golden Seals who were one of the two or three worst teams in the League.

How long was the streak?

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-25-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 46715229)
How long was the streak?

I checked the scores, there were 12 straight games of two goals or less but Parent played in 11 of those 12.

DrinkFightFlyers 03-25-2012 07:30 PM

Wait a minute, so half a season ISN'T the right time to make up your mind about a player?

sxHarr05 03-25-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 46694815)
Another interesting tidbit



Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623727

To be honest, I wonder how many of his blown-out-of-proportion quotes were simply Bryz maybe not using the right words or terms. I mean, he was obviously frustrated at his own play and was maybe trying too hard to seem "human" through his interviews. His honesty (see "Lost in the woods") seemed to backfire on him in a market starved for a true number one. Whether it was warranted or not a lot of people felt he was making excuses or occasionally pointing fingers. I think he understands now that calling out your defense when you are playing poorly doesn't play well here, your cute little jokes make you seem aloof (though we ALL know goaltenders are off-kilter to begin with) and un-caring, and that playing the team card with the media, and therefor the fans, will go a long way toward mending fences. I think he underestimated the power of the spoken word to our vulture-culture media and it bit him on the arse. Since he's been focused on the team in interviews and not talking about himself his game has been much better. Or vice-versa. But whatever it is, he's showing why he was signed and I'm sure making some new fans out of doubters and detractors.

Bottom line, Bryz........Keep winning and you can say any damned thing you want, no matter how goofy.

And yes, those stats are very promising.

ninetynine* 03-25-2012 08:34 PM

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profil...yzheadbang.gif

Bernie Parent 1974 03-25-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 46717409)
Wait a minute, so half a season ISN'T the right time to make up your mind about a player?

i don't think it even took THAT long for some !;)

FlyersFan61290 03-25-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sxHarr05 (Post 46718979)
To be honest, I wonder how many of his blown-out-of-proportion quotes were simply Bryz maybe not using the right words or terms. I mean, he was obviously frustrated at his own play and was maybe trying too hard to seem "human" through his interviews. His honesty (see "Lost in the woods") seemed to backfire on him in a market starved for a true number one. Whether it was warranted or not a lot of people felt he was making excuses or occasionally pointing fingers. I think he understands now that calling out your defense when you are playing poorly doesn't play well here, your cute little jokes make you seem aloof (though we ALL know goaltenders are off-kilter to begin with) and un-caring, and that playing the team card with the media, and therefor the fans, will go a long way toward mending fences. I think he underestimated the power of the spoken word to our vulture-culture media and it bit him on the arse. Since he's been focused on the team in interviews and not talking about himself his game has been much better. Or vice-versa. But whatever it is, he's showing why he was signed and I'm sure making some new fans out of doubters and detractors.

Bottom line, Bryz........Keep winning and you can say any damned thing you want, no matter how goofy.

And yes, those stats are very promising.

I hate the Philadelphia media. They blow everything out of proportion just for a story as you said. For the most part I didn't have a problem with Bryz's remarks cause I knew he was a little weird plus the language barrier. My main issue was at the WC when he announced to the media he wasn't starting and then made a comment about bringing a thermos followed by a twitter pic of a thermos the following day. To me it was like he wasn't taking the situation seriously. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he did care but it was just his weird personality, feeling like he had to say/do something since there was always a camera or microphone in his face.

Anyway I'm just glad he's playing better. He looks very focused.

buff 03-26-2012 11:09 AM

Bryzgalov is My Guy!

BernieParent 03-26-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 46717409)
Wait a minute, so half a season ISN'T the right time to make up your mind about a player?

Of course not. Everyone knows it's after his second shift in the preseason. Duh!

Bernie Parent 1974 03-26-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 46730657)
My main issue was at the WC when he announced to the media he wasn't starting and then made a comment about bringing a thermos followed by a twitter pic of a thermos the following day. To me it was like he wasn't taking the situation seriously.

Anyway I'm just glad he's playing better. He looks very focused.

totally agreed

BrindamoursNose 03-26-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 46730657)
I hate the Philadelphia media. They blow everything out of proportion just for a story as you said. For the most part I didn't have a problem with Bryz's remarks cause I knew he was a little weird plus the language barrier. My main issue was at the WC when he announced to the media he wasn't starting and then made a comment about bringing a thermos followed by a twitter pic of a thermos the following day. To me it was like he wasn't taking the situation seriously. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he did care but it was just his weird personality, feeling like he had to say/do something since there was always a camera or microphone in his face.

I feel like Philly as a whole doesn't usually like the whole "not taking a problem seriously" tactic. I was perfectly fine with Bryz' comments...I thought it was funny.

However, I know many fans/media hated McNabb of the Eagles because of his demeanor when he would lose. Particularly throwing passes 5 feet above or below his receivers and then he'd smile/laugh saying "my bad, my bad."

Again, I thought Bryz was fine but I feel the city in-general sometimes has issues with players who don't take losing more seriously. I feel Bryz finally figured it out and took it seriously; particularly the "find a piece of my heart to play in this city" speech and his refusal to answer critical questions at all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.