HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   All Purpose Tank Thread - We're back to 28th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1145389)

RaMMuT 03-26-2012 09:21 AM

All Purpose Tank Thread - We're back to 28th

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/standi...12012&type=LEA

This is me this morning after seeing the league standings

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GC-e6UWBNb...ie-Mercury.jpg

NJHABFAN 03-26-2012 09:25 AM

now if we can only stay in the position till the april 8.....:shakehead

how sad we are hoping to tank, what has this team become....

poetryinmotion 03-26-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJHABFAN (Post 46738589)

Think big picture and you won't feel so bad.

I think we might be able to solidify 2nd overall thanks to Cunneyworth and his new goalie approach. If I remember correctly, he said that we're going to use Budaj as much as Carey from now on.

Patty Roy 03-26-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

It would be sad if this became an annual thing...the way i see it, this year is a write-off, might as well go out in style and (hopefully) inject some high end talent into the lineup with a top pick. I see no reason why the Habs can't be back in the thick of the playoff hunt next season.

ROSSter 03-26-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetryinmotion (Post 46738789)
Think big picture and you won't feel so bad.

I think we might be able to solidify 2nd overall thanks to Cunneyworth and his new goalie approach. If I remember correctly, he said that we're going to use Budaj as much as Carey from now on.

I sure hope thats true. Set "Tank" to full!

SergeConstantin74 03-26-2012 09:43 AM

I would stop playing the Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty line. We don't want them to get injured for next season... :sarcasm:

poetryinmotion 03-26-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 46739153)
I would stop playing the Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty line. We don't want them to get injured for next season... :sarcasm:

We might need them for the playoffs :sarcasm:

Ginu 03-26-2012 09:47 AM

Come on guys let's win the last 6 games :sarcasm:

SergeConstantin74 03-26-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetryinmotion (Post 46739205)
We might need them for the playoffs :sarcasm:

This ship has sailed my friend. :sarcasm:

They have to get ready for the WC. Let's be careful and stop playing them.

Bullsmith 03-26-2012 09:58 AM

We control our own destiny. All we have to do is lose.

Teufelsdreck 03-26-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

To be thus is nothing. But to be safely thus. Our fears...stick deep.

Macbeth, Act III

We won't know until the end whether the Habs will have the second overall pick or something a good deal worse.

le_sean 03-26-2012 10:02 AM

To think of all the ****** Habs teams in the 90s and none finished this poorly. The parity in the league is crazy. I don't think the Habs are a good team, but I also don't think they are the 2nd worst in the league.

Crazy season, that's for sure. You can't afford a prolonged losing streak anymore. Unfortunately the Habs had one to start the season and never really recovered.

poetryinmotion 03-26-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck (Post 46739687)
To be thus is nothing. But to be safely thus. Our fears...stick deep.

Macbeth, Act III

We won't know until the end whether the Habs will have the second overall pick or something a good deal worse.

That's deep man. I can't believe Macbeth had forseen us tanking this year.

Habs 03-26-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 46739741)
To think of all the ****** Habs teams in the 90s and none finished this poorly. The parity in the league is crazy. I don't think the Habs are a good team, but I also don't think they are the 2nd worst in the league.

Crazy season, that's for sure. You can't afford a prolonged losing streak anymore. Unfortunately the Habs had one to start the season and never really recovered.

This team isn't that bad. A healthy Gionta and Markov all year, means another 6-8 wins easily.

SeriousHabs 03-26-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy (Post 46738963)
It would be sad if this became an annual thing...the way i see it, this year is a write-off, might as well go out in style and (hopefully) inject some high end talent into the lineup with a top pick. I see no reason why the Habs can't be back in the thick of the playoff hunt next season.

Looking at our roster and our cap situation, next year is looking to be more of the same and a top pick that will most likely stay in the juniors will not help at all.

Kimota 03-26-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 46739741)

We should have tanked during the Houle era. It was the perfect time,we could have drafted Vinny.

zzoo 03-26-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 46739799)
This team isn't that bad. A healthy Gionta and Markov all year, means another 6-8 wins easily.

Well, another player may get hurt then.
We are lucky that most of our best players aren't missing a lot of games this season:
Desharnais, Pax, Cole, Plekanec; Subban, Gorges and Price.

poetryinmotion 03-26-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriousHabs (Post 46739911)
Looking at our roster and our cap situation, next year is looking to be more of the same and a top pick that will most likely stay in the juniors will not help at all.

Like heck it is. Gauthier single handedly ruined this season and he won't be around next year. I put all the blame on him, 100% of it. Yes Cunney is a bad coach but it's Gauthier who promoted a peon after he canned Martin in a panic move. Molson has a duty right now and it's to fire him as quickly as possible.

Gauthier is possibly one of the worst GM's in hockey, everywhere he went, everything he touched, turned to absolute crap. Look at his tenure in Anaheim as an example.

Next year will NOT be more of the same.

DenverHabsFan 03-26-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota (Post 46739963)
We should have tanked during the Houle era. It was the perfect time,we could have drafted Vinny.

Vinny is the most overpaid player in the league. He's lucky to be playing in Tampa where nobody cares.

SeriousHabs 03-26-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetryinmotion (Post 46740099)
Like heck it is. Gauthier single handedly ruined this season and he won't be around next year. I put all the blame on him, 100% of it. Yes Cunney is a bad coach but it's Gauthier who promoted a peon after he canned Martin in a panic move. Molson has a duty right now and it's to fire him as quickly as possible.

Gauthier is possibly one of the worst GM's in hockey, everywhere he went, everything he touched, turned to absolute crap. Look at his tenure in Anaheim as an example.

Next year will NOT be more of the same.

Yes, it will be. It needs to be. Tanking this year isn't too important. We will grab a KHL bound Russian and nothing worthy in the 2nd. Big deal. Next year is where the fun is at. Hopefully Plekanec can be traded for more picks, allowing us to be in a great spot to trully rebuild when Kaberle, Markov, Gomez and Gionta come off the books.

FrankMTL 03-26-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan (Post 46740375)
Vinny is the most overpaid player in the league. He's lucky to be playing in Tampa where nobody cares.

Gomez?

But I agree he is overpaid, just nowhere near Gomez territory.

poetryinmotion 03-26-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriousHabs (Post 46740465)
Yes, it will be. It needs to be. Tanking this year isn't too important. We will grab a KHL bound Russian and nothing worthy in the 2nd. Big deal. Next year is where the fun is at. Hopefully Plekanec can be traded for more picks, allowing us to be in a great spot to trully rebuild when Kaberle, Markov, Gomez and Gionta come off the books.

I see now where this is going. :D Not saying you're wrong or anything about the bold.

But frankly I don't think any of us can stand a consecutive season of this. This has to be the last chapter in the tank book.

habtastic 03-26-2012 10:32 AM

sadly this won't last

we're too good

:(

DenverHabsFan 03-26-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 46740595)
Gomez?

But I agree he is overpaid, just nowhere near Gomez territory.

I'm taking an educated guess that when Vinny starts posting Gomez-level numbers, he's still going to be making $10M/yr.

And we all freak out about what to do with G-love and the two years left on his contract...

Beakermania* 03-26-2012 10:36 AM

Use our last callup for Robert Mayer. I really think we should give this kid 6 NHL games to see if he has a future in the NHL :sarcasm: