HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   GDT: 3/27/12 "Be Their Guest" - Panthers VS Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1145505)

Panthers Rock 03-26-2012 12:11 PM

3/27/12 "Be Their Guest" - Panthers VS Canadiens

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...we_see_red.jpg
Your Florida Panthers take on the Montreal Canadiens! Game time at 7:30 EST live from Bell Centre!

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/wp-co...hototour06.jpg

You're Invited To Montreal...and um dinner

TV: Live on FSFlorida and Center Ice/Gamecenter.
Internet/Radio: Listen Live on NHL Gamecenter

:panthers

VS

:habs

Standings
Florida:
Wins Losses OTL/SOL Total Points
3624 15 87

Montreal:
Wins Losses OTL/SOL Total Points

Injuries
Montreal:
Player Date Of Incident Status Injury
Brian Gionta 2012-01-11 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely right biceps surgery
Travis Moen 2012-02-11 on injured reserve upper body
Mathieu Darche 2012-02-22 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely dizziness/upper body
Raphael Diaz 2012-02-29 on injured reserve lower body
Scott Gomez 2012-03-13 on injured reserve concussion
Tomas Kaberle 2012-03-25 questionable for Tuesday's game against Florida upper body
Yannick Weber 2012-03-25 questionable for Tuesday's game against Florida lower body

Florida:
Player Date Of Incident Status Injury
Matt Bradley 2012-02-20 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely upper body
Jack Skille 2012-03-10 expected to miss the remainder of the season shoulder

Line Combinations (Subject To Change)
Montreal:
LW C RW
Erik ColeDavid DesharnaisMax Pacioretty
Rene BourqueTomas PlekanecLars Eller
Louis LeblancRyan WhiteMike Blunden
Brad StaubitzPetteri NokelainenAaron Palushaj

LDRD
Josh Gorges P.K. Subban
Andrei MarkovAlexei Emelin
Frederic St. DenisChris Campoli

Florida:
LW C RW
Tomas FleischmannStephen WeissTomas Kopecky
Sean BergenheimMarcel GocMikael Samuelsson
Wojtek WolskiShawn MatthiasKris Versteeg
Marco SturmJerred SmithsonScottie Upshall

LDRD
Jason GarrisonBrian Campbell
Dmitry KulikovMike Weaver
Ed JovanovskiErik Gudbranson

Expected Starting Goaltenders (Subject To Change)
Montreal: http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/4960.gif
Carey Price
GP W L OTL GAA SV% SO
632627102.42 .9174

VS.

Florida: http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/0198.gif
Jose Theodore
GP W L OTL GAA SV% SO
4922149 2.35 .9213

Team Leaders
Montreal:
W Carey Price 26
L Carey Price 27
GAA Carey Price 2.42
G Max Pacioretty 30
A David Desharnais 41
+/- Josh Gorges 11
PIM P.K. Subban 109

Florida:
W Jose Theodore 22
L Jose Theodore 14
GAA Jose Theodore2.35
G Tomas Fleischmann24
A Brian Campbell 45
+/- Stephen Weiss 9
PIM Krys Barch 89

Special Teams
Montreal:
PP%PP RankPK%PK Rank
14.8%26th(tied)88.6%2nd

Florida:
PP%PP RankPK%PK Rank
18.6%11th79.6%24th(tied)

News And Notes
Quote:

“WE WANTED FOUR OF FOUR, BUT HEY, THAT'S LIFE IN THE BIG CITY. YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT. WE'LL REGROUP AND GET BACK AT IT.”
- C Stephen Weiss, after Florida's shootout loss to the Islanders Sunday. The Panthers also lost in a shootout to the Oilers on Friday.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/fla
George Richards' Blog of the Miami Herald:Your Source For Reliable, Early Panthers Info!

Primary Target
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/images/biz...fiche-deux.jpg
David Desharnais, now the default top center for the Canadiens, has had a breakout year on an otherwise subpar team. In just his second (mostly) full NHL season, he's managed to grab an impressive 41 assists to go with his 16 goals. A bright spot on the otherwise dismal season for Montreal.

Red Hot Cat Of The Night
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/...bWdd.St.56.jpg
Tomas Fleischmann and Stephen Weiss each have 7 points in their last 6 games.

Last Game VS. Canadiens

Last Game Played

Tonight...
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_image...ers_Hockey.jpg
LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

adam graves 03-26-2012 12:12 PM

Lord please win.

Erick 03-26-2012 12:21 PM

4 points minimum in these next 3 games. @ MON, @ MIN, @ Columbus...c'mon. The only reason I'm not asking for 6 is because we're the Panthers.

But seriously, c'mon. Get it together here...

Theodore, just keep doing what you're doing, please.

PanthersHockey1 03-26-2012 12:26 PM

the team has to believe, the players have to dig deep. Show some emotion show some will to win.

Break this curse.

FlaPnthrsPunk 03-26-2012 12:36 PM

Another game I see as no excuse to lose. I'll be ok with 4 points in the next 3 games since there is a back-to-back involved. The bottom line is that the offense needs to find a way to score goals now and goaltending can't save our ***** to get one point every time.

Desert Panther 03-26-2012 01:20 PM

The next 3 games are against teams that are already mathematically eliminated. Means one of two things happens. 1) They have nothing to play for and we actually start showing the needed desperation to keep our perch; 2) We play tight and they play loose.

Frankly I believe these 3 games will decide whether we finally get off the shneid or end up on the golf course ... again. Need at least 4pts in these 3 games IMHO.

adam graves 03-26-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Panther (Post 46747647)
The next 3 games are against teams that are already mathematically eliminated. Means one of two things happens. 1) They have nothing to play for and we actually start showing the needed desperation to keep our perch; 2) We play tight and they play loose.

Frankly I believe these 3 games will decide whether we finally get off the shneid or end up on the golf course ... again. Need at least 4pts in these 3 games IMHO.

I will personally push the panic button without 3 points in these 3 games.

KWGoon 03-26-2012 02:41 PM

Like everyone's saying these next 3 are likely our season right there. The caps and the sabres are scoreboard watching too, and if we win all 3, we'll get the title. That's my prediction.

The only small wrinkle is that we were supposed to have this 6-game stretch 3 games ago, where we take control. The panthers not getting it done, once again. Don't they get sick of it?

nhlfan9191 03-26-2012 02:45 PM

Clemmenson better be starting this game. I don't want Theo losing his confidence over one stupid game. His numbers at the Bell center since he was traded by the habs is AWFUL.

adam graves 03-26-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 (Post 46751533)
Clemmenson better be starting this game. I don't want Theo losing his confidence over one stupid game. His numbers at the Bell center since he was traded by the habs is AWFUL.

Explain pls why you would take out a hot theo in a critical game before b2b games thurs/friday.

Erick 03-26-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 (Post 46751533)

Theodore's had bad games this year and then bounced back the very next game with great performances. He doesn't seem that mentally fragile to lose his confidence over one game from what I've seen.

We should start our best goaltender; I think we all know who that is.

nhlfan9191 03-26-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 46751913)
Explain pls why you would take out a hot theo in a critical game before b2b games thurs/friday.

Let me explain why. When ever Theo plays in Montreal, he has 21,000 fans taunting him like he's Hitler. He's only played 1 and a half games at the bell center since he was traded in 2006 and he's given up a total of 12 goals. I just don't want him to get destroyed by the Montreal crowd. I think Clemmenson is very capable of winning against Montreal. It just sucks we have a back to back coming up.

PantherboyHTR 03-26-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 (Post 46756243)
Let me explain why. When ever Theo plays in Montreal, he has 21,000 fans taunting him like he's Hitler. He's only played 1 and a half games at the bell center since he was traded in 2006 and he's given up a total of 12 goals. I just don't want him to get destroyed by the Montreal crowd. I think Clemmenson is very capable of winning against Montreal. It just sucks we have a back to back coming up.

He is a different, more confident goalie this year. He went through a couple tough years not knowing what team he would be on the next year.

Plus a game and a half in 6 years is a pretty small sample size.

Moen in Glory 03-26-2012 05:35 PM

Very nice (and early) GDT!

Today's lines at practice for the Habs were:

Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Bourque-Plekanec-Leblanc
White-Eller-Blunden
Staubitz-Nokelainen-Palushaj

D should be:

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Markov
Campoli-St Denis

Starting goalie to be confirmed tomorrow.

I see Upshall is back in the lineup, is he 100%?

Panthers Rock 03-26-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moen in Glory (Post 46758885)

Bourque-Plekanec-Leblanc
White-Eller-Blunden

D should be:

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Markov
Campoli-St Denis

He is, although our lineup is ever-changing. We have a deft of healthy forwards so they have to keep fighting to stay in or get into the lineup. With our string of losses lately, it's hard to tell who'll be officially in just yet.

Moen in Glory 03-26-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers Rock (Post 46759091)
He is, although our lineup is ever-changing. We have a deft of healthy forwards so they have to keep fighting to stay in or get into the lineup. With our string of losses lately, it's hard to tell who'll be officially in just yet.

Thanks, this sounds like an ideal situation, especially this time of year.

Beezer 03-26-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Bourque-Plekanec-Leblanc
White-Eller-Blunden

D should be:

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Markov
Campoli-St Denis

Upshall should be in this game. I like your tank avy:laugh: This is the 1st time for as long as I can remember where we aren't sporting tank avys

Beezer 03-26-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 46744599)
Lord please win.

This!!!!

Please make both Montreal fans & Panther fans happy!

nhlfan9191 03-26-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR (Post 46756537)
He is a different, more confident goalie this year. He went through a couple tough years not knowing what team he would be on the next year.

Plus a game and a half in 6 years is a pretty small sample size.

Trust me, there is nothing in the world I want more than Theodore to steal a game in Montreal. If he wins, his confidence goes over the tops. I just hope it doesn't go the other way...

adam graves 03-26-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 (Post 46764785)
Trust me, there is nothing in the world I want more than Theodore to steal a game in Montreal. If he wins, his confidence goes over the tops. I just hope it doesn't go the other way...

You guys know the Canadian history better than I here so i defer to yall on this...but that aside with 7 games left I don't see clemmer getting two.

Then again I didn't foresee clemmer playing v. Philly.

LUUUUUIS 03-26-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Bourque-Plekanec-Leblanc
White-Eller-Blunden

D should be:

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Markov
Campoli-St Denis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moen in Glory (Post 46759611)

Stop being nice! You're making it hard for me to hate all Habs! :sarcasm:

http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-31.gif:habs

CatscratchFever 03-26-2012 08:12 PM

Blown chance to sweep the Canes...check
Blown chance to sweep the Isles...check
Who's up next? Oh, lookie here, it's the Habs! Another chance for a sweep! What a cruel, cruel game this hockey is.:cry:

adam graves 03-26-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moen in Glory (Post 46759611)

Your killing a wonderful reputation...:laugh::laugh:

capebretoncanadien 03-26-2012 09:17 PM

Go you little snarly cats go!! ;)

Good to see you guys in the playoff mix. It's been too long :handclap: Loved the Panthers back in the rat tossing days.

Enjoy some nice O'Canada on the house. ;)

zeroG 03-26-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 (Post 46764785)

lost an entire post about the game earlier, which i'm very unhappy about. to sum it up tho, i don't think theo will have to steal anything. i said i thought we might be headed for a bad stretch after the philly game and, even tho we lost last night, i think there was evidence we are about put one back in the W column. there was better energy and a willingness to do chip pucks in and grind out offense when necessary. we just didn't quite get enough done with the chances we got. there were other areas that were weak but, for me, the biggest indicator is usually how willing the guys look as a group to do the hard work necessary and i see that trending upward. i'm seeing a 3-1, 3-2 win. theo will have to make a few very good saves like always but i don't think he'll have to steal it.