HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Nick Cousins to an Entry Level Contract; Campbell Elynuik Signs ATO (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1145981)

sa cyred 03-26-2012 09:19 PM

Flyers Sign Nick Cousins to an Entry Level Contract; Campbell Elynuik Signs ATO

It's in the prospect thread BUT decided to make a thread about it:

Quote:

The Flyers have agreed to an entry level contract with Nick Cousins, the club's third round pick (68th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Cousins recently completed his third season with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League where he led the team in scoring with 35 goals, 53 assists and 88 points in 65 games. His 88 points were also tied for fifth in the OHL, while is 53 assists ranked sixth.

Over parts of three seasons with the Greyhounds, Cousins recorded 188 points (75G-113A) and 178 penalty minutes in 200 games.
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095

He also will be joining the Phantoms for the rest of the season.

EDIT:

Also signed Campbell Elynuik with a ATO. He attended the Flyers prospect camp. Big fighter guy. Fought Mathers during camp.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116360

Go For It 03-26-2012 09:20 PM

ATO or ELC?

Excited to see how he does in his limited stint.

Lier X Agerate 03-26-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go For It (Post 46773319)
ATO or ELC?

ELC. You'll like him, he's a good player.

sa cyred 03-26-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go For It (Post 46773319)
ATO or ELC?

ELC, but will have an ATO for the rest of this season.

Edited the title

CS 03-26-2012 09:45 PM

Need to get Ranford in now.

RJ8812 03-26-2012 09:47 PM

he'll go back to the O next season as well

CS 03-26-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 46776041)
he'll go back to the O next season as well

Yep, but his contract slides so it doesn't matter.

We need to get Ranford signed though.

Blidstrand is the other one from his draft class, but I doubt we sign him.

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-26-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Campbell Elynuik Signs ATO

The Adirondack Phantoms have signed left-wing Campbell Elynuik to an Amateur Tryout contract (ATO). The big 19 year old comes to the team from Prince George (BC) of the Western Hockey League.

Elynuik is 6'4" and 190 pounds from Silver Spring, Maryland. This past season with the Prince George Cougars, he scored four goals and 11 points in 52 games while accumulating 132 penalty minutes. He began the season with the Regina Pats, also in the WHL, where he had an additional 24 penalty minutes in eight games while scoring one goal and two assists. His combine totals in 2011-12 were five goals, 14 points, and 156 penalty minutes.

From 2009-11 he was a member of the Everett (WA) Silvertips. Two seasons ago he was teammates with current Adirondack Phantom Shane Harper on that Everett team.

This past summer, he was invited to attend the Philadelphia Flyers Prospect Camp in Voorhees, NJ
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/C...id=dtN0kc3V5AA

Top Cheese Danish 03-26-2012 10:33 PM

Wow. That Tim McManus article really rattled the front office.

Rick Deckard 03-27-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 46776321)

Ranford is still playing, no need to rush. They own his rights until June 1st.

facts 03-27-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SedinSandwich (Post 46781077)
Wow. That Tim McManus article really rattled the front office.

it is a good article with a lot of validities in it tho.

sa cyred 03-27-2012 10:36 AM

So Cousins actually scored a pretty nasty goal a few months ago. It was a Giroux-like penalty shot.

Bill_Meltzer 03-27-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 46776321)

Little chance the organization signs Ranford.

thelos 03-27-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer (Post 46799349)

Really? not even for the phantoms?

Larry44 03-27-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Really Bill? I'm surprised by that. How have you been?

sa cyred 03-27-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Why not? Puts up points, seemed to be more consistent this past season. I think it would be kinda foolish not 90 point junior player some type of contract. Well if the Flyers dont sign him, Im pretty sure another team will.

Prongo 03-27-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Why not? Do they not like his development?

CS 03-27-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Why not?

Does this have anything to do with the rumors of him having problems with his coaching staff at the end of last season?

It seems very suspect that they would not like the development of his game.

GoneFullHextall 03-27-2012 10:52 AM

were not signing Ranford? did he switch positions to goaltender?:sarcasm:

DeflatedFootball7 03-27-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Wut?

Hockeypete49 03-27-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 46799643)
Why not?

Does this have anything to do with the rumors of him having problems with his coaching staff at the end of last season?

Chris,
Did Bill give a reason why he thinks they will not sign Ranford? You mentioned problems with the staff last year. What were they?
Thanks

sa cyred 03-27-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 (Post 46814727)
Chris,
Did Bill give a reason why he thinks they will not sign Ranford? You mentioned problems with the staff last year. What were they?
Thanks

Im not Chris, but last year he had some problems with the head coach and work ethic. Ranford was out of shape supposedly so by the end of the season he became lazy and didnt play as well. Since the blazers were losing most of their games, even more now that Ranford wasnt the top scorer in the league, the coach got pissed off at Ranford. It seemed like it was both ways according to what Blazers fans said.

Hockeypete49 03-27-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 46815269)
Im not Chris, but last year he had some problems with the head coach and work ethic. Ranford was out of shape supposedly so by the end of the season he became lazy and didnt play as well. Since the blazers were losing most of their games, even more now that Ranford wasnt the top scorer in the league, the coach got pissed off at Ranford. It seemed like it was both ways according to what Blazers fans said.

Thanks. Not good being lazy. It also sounds like he has a poor attitude. I do not want a player on my team who craps to bed because he gets yelled at. Bad traits to have if you want to be a man and play in the NHL. Lets hope for his sake he grows up.

sa cyred 03-27-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 (Post 46815719)
Thanks. Not good being lazy. It also sounds like he has a poor attitude. I do not want a player on my team who craps to bed because he gets yelled at. Bad traits to have if you want to be a man and play in the NHL. Lets hope for his sake he grows up.

I dont think he really has a poor attitude. He was in the top of the league in points, and started to go downhill near the end of the season. His coach started to blame him for losses when Ranford carried the team the whole season playing with nobodies. I guess it was almost like betrayal to Ranford after all the work he did to try and make the Blazers win.

Bill_Meltzer 03-27-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 46799643)
Why not?

Never heard anyone in the org give much more than a lukewarm endorsement of Ranford, and they never mention his name when you ask whom they consider their best prospects (Cousins' name, conversely, came up quickly).

If they were high on Ranford's NHL potential, he would have already been signed. Think about it: This organization rarely goes deep into year two on CHL players they intend to sign to an entry-level contract and never on players for whom they hold high hopes of being part of their NHL players.

IMO, as soon as you started hearing question marks about his conditioning and attitude toward coaches, that pretty much was strike three after initial questions about his size, skating, and two-way play. These may have improved at the junior level this season but the pro game is a different story and it's hard for players to erase the negative perceptions once they take hold.

I could be wrong, and the Flyers could sign him yet, but I'm not expecting it.