HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Need your help! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1146295)

WPGNYRFan 03-27-2012 10:34 AM

Need your help!

Although I'm not entirely sure you guys would know this info, I'll ask anyway. The Rangers are coming back to Winnipeg tomorrow and I have the day off, so I'm really hoping to meet some of them, get some autographs, maybe see them practice if there's any way to do that. My question is, how do people know when they fly in, where to go to see them? Is there any sort of schedule that I can look at to find my best options? I'm guessing they would fly in tonight after the Minnesota game, but I've never tried to meet a team at an airport before. Would I just go to the baggage pickup area? If any of you have any answers to these questions, thanks!

Thordic 03-27-2012 10:38 AM

If they fly in after the game tonight, they are probably going to be tired and may not be in the best mood to socialize. I'm not saying you'd get blown off, but you'd have a higher chance of getting blown off IMO. (Although they may appreciate a dedicated fan showing up on the road, who knows).

Best bet may be catching them after the morning skate.

WPGNYRFan 03-28-2012 12:54 PM

I got to meet Sam and Joe today! One of my friends was able to get me and my wife into the Jets and Rangers practice this morning. While we were waiting at the arena for my friend to show up, Sam Rosen and Joe Micheletti walked out of the arena! Shook hands, got to talk to them for a bit, really, really nice guys! Then we waited with them while the security came to let us in! At the Jets practice, Claude Noel the Jets coach, fired a few pucks right at where I was sitting, guess he didn't like my Rangers jersey at his practice! :laugh: Unfortunately, only a few Rangers came to the optional skate. It was Biron, Woywitka, Erixon and Eminger. Eminger kept slamming his stick into the boards every time he went past us, trying to scare the girls we were with. :D In a couple of hours, we'll be heading to the hotel the Rangers are staying at, hopefully to meet a few of the guys on the team. :handclap: Then it's off to the game!

Kane One 03-28-2012 01:11 PM

Awesome. You got any autographs? I would definitely allow Rosen to sign my jersey, but it would be awkward not asking Micheletti for his, since they always seem to be together.

WPGNYRFan 03-28-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 46865207)
Awesome. You got any autographs? I would definitely allow Rosen to sign my jersey, but it would be awkward not asking Micheletti for his, since they always seem to be together.

No, both of them were carrying drinks and were on their way out, plus I was so shocked to actually just see them walk out the door that I kind of stuttered and stammered through the quick conversation. :laugh: