HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The new DefenNse (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1146425)

Ironmanrulez 03-27-2012 01:34 PM

The new DefenNse

Yes guys.

First i should mentioned that i donŽt have seen the TB game so this is the thread motivated by the games in march before TB.

IŽam really impressed by the whole team and their defensive ability. I really give credit to Bryz for playing really good and sometimes outstanding! I also must give credit to the forwards who have adjusted their game tremendously. Also the coaching staff is a huge part of the new style in my opinion.

But in fact it is what it is!!

IŽam in love with the big N. What the hell is this guy thinking? Does he looked videos of Prongers play in the playoffs? And does he think Philly need a new mean defensive weapon??

OMG GrossmanN is really the answer to all our questions. At least to all my question. IŽam not confident after the aquisition of him, but he makes me smiling the whole day. In my opinion he is one of the best players and most important players on the roster.

I love the way he and Coburn shut down Malkin and Ovechkin. That was an oustanding job with the help from Couturier and Bryz. In this game i saw a long playoff run for the first time this season...

If GrossmanN can stay up at this level of play he will be one of the most mentioned names, when it comes to best players in the playoffs!!

Sry guys i must tell this to someone ;D

achdumeingute 03-27-2012 02:03 PM

He's been outstanding game in and game out. I have no idea why Dallas didn't want this guy longterm.

sa cyred 03-27-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achdumeingute (Post 46805441)
He's been outstanding game in and game out. I have no idea why Dallas didn't want this guy longterm.

Love how he has played with us. Easily and i mean easily he has been our beat defender since the deadline. Easily. That being said i really reallyyyyyy hope this is not just a new team fad. A lot of playera do well on a new team to do ****** the next season. But im willing to take that chance

FlyersFan61290 03-27-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 46806605)
Love how he has played with us. Easily and i mean easily he has been our beat defender since the deadline. Easily. That being said i really reallyyyyyy hope this is not just a new team fad. A lot of playera do well on a new team to do ****** the next season. But im willing to take that chance

Mez is a prime example

Beef Invictus 03-27-2012 03:01 PM

I was thinking of fixing the typo in the thread title, and then I realized what was going on. Well played.

achdumeingute 03-27-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 46807029)
Mez is a prime example

Well, Mezs biggest issue is that he does things to take himself out of the play. He will try to hit at the blue line, miss, and then it's a 2 on 1.

Grossmann and Coburn both play much safer and use their bodies to sheild the puck/reroute an opponent very well.

MsWoof 03-27-2012 03:56 PM

Does anyone know how long Kimmo is out with his upper body injury?