HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   45 Games 16 Wins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1147231)

montreal 03-28-2012 10:39 AM

45 Games 16 Wins

So the Randy's have been here for 45 games now and the Habs have won only 16 of those games. I got to admit that is amazingly brutal, in all the years the Habs have been in the NHL who would have thought that under the Molson's, PG/Gainey, JM/the Randy's we would witness likely the worst Habs team ever.

Going into this season the Habs had made the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years, but in just one season we have seen everything go to ****. What's even more impressive is that not only did they turn this team to **** but they also managed to turn Hamilton to ****, as the Dogs were in the conference finals the last 2 seasons and had made the playoffs in all but 2 seasons since making the move to Hamilton.

So congrats to the Molson's, PG/Gainey, JM/the Randy's and all the players for not just sucking but for being perhaps the worst team to ever put on a Habs sweater.

Leo Getz 03-28-2012 10:43 AM

And the majority of the people around here think that is 16 wins too many.

habs03 03-28-2012 10:45 AM

He is a horrible coach, he has the one handle PP duties from the start of the season, and that was one of the main reason for our poor start under JM.

At the on of the day, I'm happy, with JM, we would have been around 8-9th place, might as well call this season a wash and tank.

Habs 4 Life 03-28-2012 10:48 AM

I'm not going to defend him or say he is a good coach, but the poor guy was toast before he even tried to do something positive. Terrible move by our fantastic GM

haburger 03-28-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 46857723)
So the Randy's have been here for 45 games now and the Habs have won only 16 of those games. I got to admit that is amazingly brutal, in all the years the Habs have been in the NHL who would have thought that under the Molson's, PG/Gainey, JM/the Randy's we would witness likely the worst Habs team ever.

Going into this season the Habs had made the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years, but in just one season we have seen everything go to ****. What's even more impressive is that not only did they turn this team to **** but they also managed to turn Hamilton to ****, as the Dogs were in the conference finals the last 2 seasons and had made the playoffs in all but 2 seasons since making the move to Hamilton.

So congrats to the Molson's, PG/Gainey, JM/the Randy's and all the players for not just sucking but for being perhaps the worst team to ever put on a Habs sweater.

Go cheer for another team if you don't like the canadiens.

YMCMBeaulieu 03-28-2012 10:49 AM

Having a good coach can do wonders for your team, just look at what Hitchcock is doing in St. Louis. Hopefully we can hire a good coach for once in the offseason and can take a step in the right direction.

SeriousHabs 03-28-2012 10:58 AM

So Gauthier gets a coach that can tank while clearly expressing that he will be replaced at season's end, the fans have been on the tank bandwagon for months now, and somehow the fans are mad at Gauthier for doing exactly what they asked for?

Double You Tea Eff.

Crimson Skorpion 03-28-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pernell Karl (Post 46858209)
Having a good coach can do wonders for your team, just look at what Hitchcock is doing in St. Louis. Hopefully we can hire a good coach for once in the offseason and can take a step in the right direction.

I brought this exact point up in a discussion with Mrs. Crimson and she agreed to an extent, but made a point about something.

St. Louis - Good team with depth, poor coaching.
Montreal - Average team with little-to-no depth, poor coaching.

If Montreal adds a coach that can manage his team and convince them to play his style, I still doubt that it has as big an impact on the team as it did with St. Louis. I digress though, Cunneyworth has not done the job and will not return as a result of it. It was a bad situation to begin with, with all the controversy behind how long it took Martin to go and then with the team already down in the dumps after watching Muller - a very respected guy - leave, they bring in someone, who has zero NHL coaching experience, to handle the clean-up.

Habs 4 Life 03-28-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haburger (Post 46858201)

OMG let's not criticize the Habs God forbid. Let's turn them into the maple leafs:shakehead

The Gal Pals 03-28-2012 11:03 AM

With regards to Hamilton, the OPs assessment isn't fair. The cupboards are bare in Hamilton. Next yr we'll have a bunch of new talent on the Bulldogs.

hototogisu 03-28-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 46858163)
I'm not going to defend him or say he is a good coach, but the poor guy was toast before he even tried to do something positive. Terrible move by our fantastic GM

If Gauthier kept Martin, you would have blasted him for not firing him sooner. If Gauthier appointed a brand-new coach (instead of promoting an assistant like he did), you would have blasted him for making long-term decisions for the team when he himself was likely a goner at the end of the year.

At least what Gauthier did ensures us (a) a good draft pick and (b) a new coach at the end of the year so all things considered, it's not really a terrible move.

Habs 4 Life 03-28-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 46859839)
If Gauthier kept Martin, you would have blasted him for not firing him sooner. If Gauthier appointed a brand-new coach (instead of promoting an assistant like he did), you would have blasted him for making long-term decisions for the team when he himself was likely a goner at the end of the year.

At least what Gauthier did ensures us (a) a good draft pick and (b) a new coach at the end of the year so all things considered, it's not really a terrible move.

Actually what I wanted before all of this happened was Gauthier to be fired. That's what Molson should have done first and foremost

Boris Le Tigre 03-28-2012 11:28 AM

Terrible management flying in the face of all precedence and conventional wisdom. You didn't have to be Nostradamus to predict our free-fall, given the d-roster we started the year with....

hototogisu 03-28-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 46860019)
Actually what I wanted before all of this happened was Gauthier to be fired. That's what Molson should have done first and foremost

Well yeah but that's really neither here nor there. Besides, how often do teams change GMs in the middle of the season?

Seb 03-28-2012 11:35 AM

I ain't even mad

Habs 4 Life 03-28-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 46860175)
Well yeah but that's really neither here nor there. Besides, how often do teams change GMs in the middle of the season?

true it doesn't happen often, but in our case it should have happened with the decisions he took. Anyways I just hope this are his final 2 weeks and I don't even want to see his face at the draft lottery

sXe 03-28-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 46860175)

Well... after firing an asst coach on game day and trading a player between periods. It wouldn't have been that much of a stretch!

montreal 03-28-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

First off, go **** yourself. Second who the **** said I don't like the Canadiens? I made this thread because we are witness to the worst habs team ever and that's an acomplishment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by airic000 (Post 46858903)
With regards to Hamilton, the OPs assessment isn't fair. The cupboards are bare in Hamilton. Next yr we'll have a bunch of new talent on the Bulldogs.

Then they should have done a better job in bringing in stop gap messures for this season. They had little to no depth in the ECHL and the vets they brought in didn't work out, while the goaltending has been a sore spot most of the year.

Myron Gaines* 03-28-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 46860477)
I ain't even mad

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/x...ibly-upset.jpg

In another note, yes we've been putrid with Cunny, but he still brought some good things, this team now stick for one an other and we seem to have become more aggressive on the forecheck. Our defense lacks structure and our offense is anemic due to the fact that our 3 best forwards are playing on the same line.

llamateizer 03-28-2012 12:25 PM

16 wins in 45 games
vs
13 wins in 32 games

both records are bad

firing JM was the best for the habs organisation

we would've finished 9th instead fightingfor a top 5 pick

Haaabs 03-28-2012 12:36 PM

When your GM comes out and apologizes for hiring you and says that they'll re-evaluate it at the end of the season...

He was basically told he'd be fired as soon as he was hired. Management never stood behind him.

I don't see how anyone expected him to succeed in that environment

montreal 03-28-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haaabs (Post 46863527)
When your GM comes out and apologizes for hiring you and says that they'll re-evaluate it at the end of the season...

He was basically told he'd be fired as soon as he was hired. Management never stood behind him.

I don't see how anyone expected him to succeed in that environment

I hated how the Molson/PG handled that but the Randy's are paid to do a job and winning 16 games out of 45 is just shockingly bad. It's actually kind of impressive just how bad that is

Stradale 03-28-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

What kind of post is that?

First. Where did he say he didn't like the Canadiens? You should learn to read before making dumb comment.

Maybe you should be the one to get the **** out of this forum and cheer for another team. Real Habs fan does not accept mediocrity like you do.

By the way. How is you boy Gomez doing? What's your excuse for him this season, after a 38pts season, he managed to get even worse this year.

McSorleyStick 03-28-2012 12:44 PM

PG doing the tanking

montreal 03-28-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorleyStick (Post 46863879)
PG doing the tanking

too bad he didn't pick a better year to do so. 2013 looks like a better year to bring out the tank.