HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund III (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1147501)

GopherState 03-28-2012 04:10 PM

Mikael Granlund III

Soon he will be here.

Carry on.

Victorious Secret 03-28-2012 04:11 PM

'Evidence of being a primadonna'

No. But being a national hero before you are 20 might make your head get a little big.

Puhis 03-28-2012 04:13 PM

Nah, he seems quite level-headed to me. But then again, things could be different behind the scenes. Who knows?

He just doesn't seem like the type to me.

Needles 03-28-2012 04:13 PM

Thanks for the memories! :cry:

SM-Liiga is going to suck without Granlund & Vatanen.

Jarick 03-28-2012 04:20 PM

No I just hope he isn't one. He's getting tons of hype in Finland and by scouts and chose to stay over there instead of coming over here, although the Wild really wanted him to come over. I'd just hate to see him calling all the shots as a kid instead of coming up like any other rookie who has to earn respect and therefore respects others.

Generic User 03-28-2012 04:22 PM

Granlund is the Wild's Rubio. Taking his time because he can. Wait two years, develop on someone else's dime, come in and make the ELC look like a bargain.

W75 03-28-2012 04:22 PM

Prima donna. No. It's like total opposite, a team player. He's hard on himself, don't like to take too much credit, publicity puzzles him a bit. He just loves the game that's all.

Or that's what I've seen, interviews, comments and so on.

Needles 03-28-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generic User (Post 46874851)
Granlund is the Wild's Rubio.

This.

W75 03-28-2012 04:36 PM

Came to my mind that one thing why Granlund hasn't signed yet (just my poor speculation).. Could be, because in theory, Wild could prevent him to play in WC. Injury risk and so on..

And the other half is, he wants to focus and complete one task at a time.

mnwildgophers 03-28-2012 04:40 PM

He hasn't signed yet per an agreement in the CBA. This is why he hasn't signed.

And whoever made the Rubio comparison is dead on except for his hype might be bigger after 2 years than Rubio was. Rubio didn't seem to be doing very well in Spain then came here and was awesome. I hope that Granlund can have as much if not more success than Rubio did in his first season.

Next year is going to be exciting.

usernam* 03-28-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnwildgophers (Post 46875647)
He hasn't signed yet per an agreement in the CBA. This is why he hasn't signed.

And whoever made the Rubio comparison is dead on except for his hype might be bigger after 2 years than Rubio was. Rubio didn't seem to be doing very well in Spain then came here and was awesome. I hope that Granlund can have as much if not more success than Rubio did in his first season.

Next year is going to be exciting.

Minus the season ending injury, hopefully.

mikko1995 03-28-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wantaa FI75 (Post 46875471)
Came to my mind that one thing why Granlund hasn't signed yet (just my poor speculation).. Could be, because in theory, Wild could prevent him to play in WC. Injury risk and so on..

And the other half is, he wants to focus and complete one task at a time.

The latter is what he has said all along.

mnwildgophers 03-28-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns4Norris (Post 46875689)
Minus the season ending injury, hopefully.

Yeah, I just had to leave that part out. :P

WILDTATE10 03-28-2012 05:08 PM

100% agree on the Granlund Rubio comparison. Very excited for him to get here

TZM 03-29-2012 01:48 AM

I think Mikke could have use for Koivu's fatherlike words. To lift up his spirits and confidence you know. World Cup would be a great place and time for that.

Surly Furious 03-29-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TZM (Post 46907417)
I think Mikke could have use for Koivu's fatherlike words. To lift up his spirits and confidence you know. World Cup would be a great place and time for that.

Hopefully, the bonds they have forged will only grow stronger during the tournament.

TZM 03-29-2012 10:26 AM

Mikke will be in the lineup for EHC FIN - SUI (next week). Dunno if it's good or bad for him.

Avder 03-29-2012 10:44 AM

Wish he could come get a few games in over here to clear his head and burn a year off his ELC.

Stupid CBA agreements.

mnwildgophers 03-29-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 46916869)
Wish he could come get a few games in over here to clear his head and burn a year off his ELC.

Stupid CBA agreements.

Don't know if he'd even want to do that, I'm sure he wants to finish up everything over there before he comes over here. Wasn't that one of the reasons he stayed over there in the first place after last year?

Well, hopefully him and Koivu can get some chemistry to be ready for next year and take us to the place we all hope to go. The playoffs.

Granin 03-29-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TZM (Post 46915999)
Mikke will be in the lineup for EHC FIN - SUI (next week). Dunno if it's good or bad for him.

I think it's good. Lot of finns seem to think it's bad for him, but I don't see it that way. He didn't play for a month, he's not gonna get back to best form for the WC by resting more.

squidz* 03-29-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 46916869)

Stupid CBA agreements.

Burning a year off Granlund's ELC is about the last thing we'd want to do. No reason to increase the cost of retaining him earlier. With guys like Zucker or Bulmer, they're likely to get incremental raises when they finish their ELCs. That means they'll go from $900k up to maybe $2MM. Granlund is a threat to go from $1.25MM to $5MM. That's not something we want on the books if we don't need to.

Jarick 03-29-2012 11:17 AM

Exactly, burn a year off a guy who will make $2-3m as a restricted, not $5-6m. No way do I want to burn a year on Granlund.

W75 04-01-2012 10:04 AM

More Granlund news. They say he's not totally fully recovered at the moment. National team candidates head to Switzerland (training camp), but Granlund stays in Finland. They're worried about his long and mysterious flu earlier this season. So Mikke concentrates to build his physical capacity next 1-2 weeks. Doctors think that a possible new infection could ruin his WC, if he's not 100%.

Source: http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/20...00125_jk.shtml

forthewild 04-01-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wantaa FI75 (Post 47092271)
More Granlund news. They say he's not totally fully recovered at the moment. National team candidates head to Switzerland (training camp), but Granlund stays in Finland. They're worried about his long and mysterious flu earlier this season. So Mikke concentrates to build his physical capacity next 1-2 weeks. Doctors think that a possible new infection could ruin his WC, if he's not 100%.

Source: http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/20...00125_jk.shtml

Or hos flu is a concussion

/slashwrists

MiGician 04-01-2012 10:32 AM

Mikael Granlund has decided to stay another season in Finland HIFK. Link is here: http://www.hifk.fi/uutiset/mikael_gr...u_hifk_tvssae5

He signed that contract because the Wild management haven't offered him a contract and he can keep developing in Finland and win another golden medal in FEL.