HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   DDT: Where should we end up and have the best shot? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1147565)

predwings 03-28-2012 05:25 PM

Where should we end up and have the best shot?
 
Suck for 6th...I think we'd have the best road through the playoffs with that position. Dallas/SJS/Phoenix and if we win there we draw STL probably..who is good but we can beat in a series. Then after that we'd have a more embattled DET or VAN squad more than likely.

The other options are 4th or 5th...I would love to see Chicago creep up and overtake DET and we get 4th with Chicago 5th and DET 6th. This would be our best scenario yet...we'd play a team we could definitely beat in a series and have the possibility of playing either STL or VAN afterwards...revenge on VAN would be sweet and of course STL for previous reasons stated.


How I actually think things are going to work:

We will be 5th...Detroit will be 4th.

How I'd like to see it:

We will be 4th..Chicago will be 5th

I voted for 4th anyways, because I'd like home ice advantage

Drake744 03-28-2012 06:03 PM

The unfortunate thing is, yeah, 6th would probably give us the best shot of advancing. Of course, falling to 6th would likely mean we're going into the playoffs playing poorly. If we lose Friday, best case scenario would be for us to play well till the end of the year but have Chicago and Detroit both go on a tear, dropping us to 6th. Well, for Chicago, after we beat them Saturday. But I'm not sure if we could play well and still end up at 6th. I think worst case scenario is what will happen, and that's play Detroit as a 5. Or, our luck we'll get 6th and LA will win the Pacific.

ThirdManIn 03-28-2012 06:18 PM

If we "fail for sixth" are we not concerned with our second round opponent?

Drake744 03-28-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 46879445)
If we "fail for sixth" are we not concerned with our second round opponent?

All depends on who wins the other series. Or whatever is plural for series. Let's try this again. All depends on who else advances.

Paranoid Android 03-28-2012 06:43 PM

It would be nice we we could somehow win most of our games while playing great hockey, but end up in 6th. If we start tanking for 6th, that sucking will probably carry over into the playoffs. Confidence is more important than seeding.

Top 6 Spaling 03-28-2012 07:13 PM

Gotta beat them all to win the cup. Detroit isn't playing their best right now. Chicago we can take for sure. People seem to forget the team that wins the Pacific will be one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs. I would guess, when all is said and done, the winner of that division has a better record in their last 10 or 15 games than Detroit.

In short, I don't even care. Let's win our games and see where that puts us.

ThirdManIn 03-28-2012 07:16 PM

Have to agree with Paranoid Android here. Performance leading into the play offs is more important than competition. As someone on the main boards said, there are several teams in the West that will not be viewed as a surprise if they win the Cup: St Louis, Vancouver, Detroit, Nashville, Chicago to a lesser extent. Even San Jose could turn it on with the talent they have in their line up. Whatever match up Nashville gets is going to be tough, and the second round is just going to be tougher. I'd rather the team go into the post season on a hot streak and playing good hockey than see the team play poorly, drop down to sixth for a "more favorable" match up, and then sputter out.

Play well, get home ice, and go from there.

gopreds19 03-28-2012 07:59 PM

I hope the guys in the locker room aren't having this discussion. I hope they say it doesn't matter who the **** we
Play we're playing we're winning.

Can't see that type of intensity from Suter, but maybe Rads or some other guys have fire in their bellies.

token grinder 03-28-2012 10:02 PM

you tank to drop for position, you deserve to get swept. losing on purpose is the stupidest thing I have ever heard here. The idea and the fans who think it. finish as high as you can, and ****ing play.

Drake744 03-28-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 46895203)
you tank to drop for position, you deserve to get swept. losing on purpose is the stupidest thing I have ever heard here. The idea and the fans who think it. finish as high as you can, and ****ing play.

I don't think anyone legitimately thinks we SHOULD lose. I think we're just disappointed that we are potentially being punished by being too good to play a lesser team.

PredsV82 03-28-2012 10:47 PM

win 'em all and go into the playoffs on a roll...

at this point I don't care about who our opponent is, I would just like to have home ice for at least one round...

(and I would really, REALLY like to finish ahead of detroit in the standings for the first time ever..)

CantbeatzPekka 03-28-2012 10:53 PM

PO's are PO's we play who play and we better beat whoever we play. I want a big fish in the 1st round to make a statement, give the western conference cage a nice rattle see if theyre alive.

WartracePred 03-28-2012 11:31 PM

Finish strong and beat the Wings in round one. To me, as long as we don't play the Blues early, I'm happy. With the Blues performance last night, I don't want any part of them. Canucks, Wings, Hawks... I think the Preds match up well.

kypredsfan 03-29-2012 12:03 AM

Fight for 4th all the way. I don't care who we play. Nothing is gauranteed.

Legionnaire11 03-29-2012 07:20 AM

Wings are always a good PO series, having home ice against them would be sweet!

The only team I really don't want to face at the moment is St .Louis

token grinder 03-29-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 46896591)
I don't think anyone legitimately thinks we SHOULD lose. I think we're just disappointed that we are potentially being punished by being too good to play a lesser team.

maybe you should start by reading the first post in this stupid thread. Suck for sixth? really?

Shea Weber 03-29-2012 10:18 AM

Detroit looks ready for a 1st round exit this year. Let's take 4th and home ice. I'd rather see DET right now than Dallas or even SJ.

This is the year we take the Wings out in the first round!

"CAN'T WAIT" - Bart Scott

dubgeek 03-29-2012 10:26 AM

Finish strong and work on ironing out the team dynamics with the new additions.

Sixth would be the worst possible seed for the Preds. That matches them against a Pacific Division opponent for the round 1. Preds are worse against the Pacific than the other divisions. They're strongest against the Central even if you subtract the 5 wins v. Columbus.

L.A. still has a good shot at the division and would be a TOUGH matchup for the Preds. Dallas and San Jose give them fits too.

Four or five seed is the best option, and it doesn't matter too much which. Home ice would be better, but the Preds have been a strong road team all season. I guarantee they'll win at least one road game in round 1 giving them home ice should they be the 5 seed.

If you want to root for a matchup then pray the Wings continue their tank job and drop to 6th giving the Preds Chicago in round 1. That's the best matchup the Preds can hope for right now.

hoosierpred 03-29-2012 12:48 PM

After watching the wings vs Columbus last night, I want the wings. They played like a tired old team. Dats looks not completely recovered from injury.

Drake744 03-29-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 46912289)
maybe you should start by reading the first post in this stupid thread. Suck for sixth? really?

Fair enough. I probably thought it wasn't truly serious but unfortunately maybe it was.

triggrman 03-29-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubgeek (Post 46915975)
Finish strong and work on ironing out the team dynamics with the new additions.

Sixth would be the worst possible seed for the Preds. That matches them against a Pacific Division opponent for the round 1. Preds are worse against the Pacific than the other divisions. They're strongest against the Central even if you subtract the 5 wins v. Columbus.

L.A. still has a good shot at the division and would be a TOUGH matchup for the Preds. Dallas and San Jose give them fits too.

Four or five seed is the best option, and it doesn't matter too much which. Home ice would be better, but the Preds have been a strong road team all season. I guarantee they'll win at least one road game in round 1 giving them home ice should they be the 5 seed.

If you want to root for a matchup then pray the Wings continue their tank job and drop to 6th giving the Preds Chicago in round 1. That's the best matchup the Preds can hope for right now.

I agree with everything except for San Jose, I think we'd own them this year but that's not going to be an option.

I want the wings, and I want them with us having home ice.

Cashville 03-29-2012 03:44 PM

CBJ gift-wrapped 4th for us. We now hold our fate in our hands as we have the same number of games remaining and a better ROW. A win against DET, even in a SO, will put us in 4th.

Then we just need to win the points race over the rest of the season. Simple enough!

VFL615* 03-29-2012 04:02 PM

Its in the Preds hands we will see if they show up. Win Fri and Sat then win one of the last two and 4th is a lock. I want 4th and Detroit round 1.

dubgeek 03-29-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VFL615 (Post 46932919)
Its in the Preds hands we will see if they show up. Win Fri and Sat then win one of the last two and 4th is a lock. I want 4th and Detroit round 1.

It would be a huge psychological boost end exorcise many demons if they took out Detroit in the first round.

Defeating their greatest nemesis would be a fitting start to a SCF run.

Gnashville 03-29-2012 04:27 PM

I do not want to face the Damn Detroit Red Wings. It will not be worth watching Nashville will average 10 penalties per game and Detroit will have one which will be canceled out by a Pred penalty 15 seconds later. The Refs will not allow the team to advance in the series. It is over before it starts. The teams are equal but the League office and NBC does not want the Preds to knock out the Ratings.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.