HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   calgary - buffalo proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=114764)

andora 11-22-2004 02:26 AM

calgary - buffalo proposal

to buffalo - toni lydman
to calgary - jochen hecht

thoughts ?

Epsilon 11-22-2004 02:35 AM

Seems like a decent deal for both teams.

Evman* 11-22-2004 02:37 AM

No soft Europeans please.

Jochen Hecht is a decent player, but definitely not a Calgary Flame type player.

Lydman may be on the outs though. And this is the kind of deal the Flames would look for, Lydman for a good second liner, but Hecht is just too soft and floats too much.

andora 11-22-2004 02:38 AM

your avatar always screws me up now, i was getting so used to your brule one. however, i got that confused with some other guy that uses the same one, i think monster_bertuzzi...

i remember reading a post and going 'why did epsilon say that', then realizing the user name.. confusing it was, and is .. *sighs* :dunno:

Evman* 11-22-2004 02:45 AM

Guys I'd like to get in return for Lydman - Cole, Williams, Handzus, Scatchard. Those are ones off the top of my head.

andora 11-22-2004 02:52 AM

in terms of market value, i don't think lydman could land the first three, and while scatchard is similar in trade worth, i can't see the isles giving him up for another offensive (before defense, i do like lydman two way game) dman

Darth Milbury 11-22-2004 03:20 AM

I agree with you assessment about Scatch and Lydman trade value wise.

Also agree that the Isles wouldn't do it.

I think Lydman's trade value probably exceeds Hecht by a considerable margin as well.

Ajacied 11-22-2004 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evman

Jochen Hecht is a decent player, but definitely not a Calgary Flame type player.

Lydman may be on the outs though. And this is the kind of deal the Flames would look for, Lydman for a good second liner, but Hecht is just too soft and floats too much.

So you want a 2nd liner who's a consistent two-way threat while being a physical presence on top of it? Lydman isn't good enough to land such a talent..

I.am.ca 11-22-2004 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
to buffalo - toni lydman
to calgary - jochen hecht

thoughts ?

Sutter would eat Hecht alive.

SuperNintendoChalmrs 11-22-2004 07:10 AM

Hecht is Buffalo's most underrated player. He comes to work every game, creates offense and works his arse off in the corners digging for the puck. Teamed with Briere and Dumont, the three have been an effective trio. I can't imagine the Sabres parting with Hecht, it would be completely asinine.

Ruckus007 11-22-2004 08:51 AM

Quote:

Fear not then, Hecht isn't soft.

Lydman is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to Buffalo's needs but Hecht is a steep price to pay. If you want a gritty player how do you feel about Chris Thorburn? Big, tough, some scoring ability. Can play center or wing and is probably pretty close to being an NHL player.

Rowley Birkin 11-22-2004 08:59 AM

Well, as a sabres fan I wouldn't take that deal either. We need D men, but not at the expense of Hecht, who was probably our best player last season.

HuskyFlames 11-22-2004 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Fear not then, Hecht isn't soft.

Lydman is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to Buffalo's needs but Hecht is a steep price to pay. If you want a gritty player how do you feel about Chris Thorburn? Big, tough, some scoring ability. Can play center or wing and is probably pretty close to being an NHL player.

No thanks. The Flames would need a legit #2 line player in return. Lydman is capable of 20+ (close to 30 on a good year) from the blueline and he is good defensively. He won't make the big hits but he can take the body smartly without the checks (Lidstrom style, but not to that extent).

What about Lydman for Kotalik and a pick?

Ruckus007 11-22-2004 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
No thanks. The Flames would need a legit #2 line player in return. Lydman is capable of 20+ (close to 30 on a good year) from the blueline and he is good defensively. He won't make the big hits but he can take the body smartly without the checks (Lidstrom style, but not to that extent).

So done.

Rowley Birkin 11-22-2004 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
So done.

I don't know... I like Ales, he has the best shot on our team, and i'm hoping for good things from him.

How about, Lydman for Pyatt + a pick :D

Ruckus007 11-22-2004 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
I don't know... I like Ales, he has the best shot on our team, and i'm hoping for good things from him.

I'd do that do and I'm not one of these "trade Pyatt for a sack of doorknobs" type Sabre fans either. But I really like Lydman.

Kotalik has the best shot on the team, one of the best in the league, but a lot of times that's all he's got going for him. He floats horribly. He doesn't play very physical despite being 6'1" and 225 lbs. And after Ruff's comment about him missing the final 15 or so games of last year ("Chris Drury came back from that injury") I think his fate has pretty much been sealed. You and I both know the Sabres have a lot of interchangeable parts at wing, both in the NHL and AHL. Hopefully they can use some of that surplus to pick up a defenseman. Either Pyatt or Kotalik for Lydman is a great deal for Buffalo, IMO.

joechip 11-22-2004 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin

Yeah, but as much as I like Kotalik as well, he is 26 and probably finished developing. Honestly, I'm not sure he fits i nBuffalo anymore, so if Calgary wants him and is offering Lydman in return... you gotta jump on it. And, in no way, is Hecht being moved for Lydman, that would be suicidal for Buffalo.

Our pipeline is stocked with players similar to Ales.

Ta,

Safir* 11-22-2004 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I.am.ca
Sutter would eat Hecht alive.

:lol:

Are you aware that Hecht means pike or luce in English?

Mr Brownstone 11-22-2004 11:57 AM

Kotalik/Pyatt + a pick for Lydman? Where do I sign for this one? As for Hecht, as much as Buffalo needs D, Hecht is very valuable to Buffalo and I can't imagine them giving him up.

Seph 11-22-2004 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I agree with you assessment about Scatch and Lydman trade value wise.

Also agree that the Isles wouldn't do it.

Hard to say, with the very real possibility of losing both Hamrlik and Aucoin when the NHL starts up next, this could be very beneficial for the Isles. I'd wager that Peca is more likely to sign with the Isles than either Hamrlik or Aucoin, and that means our center depth would be far greater than our D-depth.

HuskyFlames 11-22-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph
Hard to say, with the very real possibility of losing both Hamrlik and Aucoin when the NHL starts up next, this could be very beneficial for the Isles. I'd wager that Peca is more likely to sign with the Isles than either Hamrlik or Aucoin, and that means our center depth would be far greater than our D-depth.

I would hope the Flames would not trade Lydman for Scatchard. The only reason we would trade Lydman is to help bring in a scoring forward. Besides 2 seasons out of 8, Scatchard has been a solid 25ish point player. The Flames have a ton of guys that bring grit and 25 points.

andora 11-22-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan

so you want a legit # 2 player, and then go from hecht to kotalik ??? :dunno:

look at hecht's numbers, he could be a very valuable member of the flames, either centering iginla, or kobasew or gelinas. the guy works hard, grits out plays, and can set up goals.

Rowley Birkin 11-22-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
so you want a legit # 2 player, and then go from hecht to kotalik ??? :dunno:

look at hecht's numbers, he could be a very valuable member of the flames, either centering iginla, or kobasew or gelinas. the guy works hard, grits out plays, and can set up goals.

Hecht is most effective at LW, and anyway, it would take a lot for him to be moved out of Buffalo after last season. As you say he works hard, is gritty, good defensively, is a good playmaker, and most importantly for me, seems to have good chemistry with whoever he plays with. He is one of our most valuable players at the moment.

I wouldn't give him up for Lydman, and I doubt the Sabres management would either.

ShippinItDaily 11-22-2004 03:02 PM

I think this would be a very sensible deal for both teams. Calgary gets a top six forward and Buffalo gets a top 4 dman. Both teams have needs in those respective areas so it would make sense.

Hecht is definitely more of an impact player than Lydman right now but I think Lydman is still improving. I also think Hecht has a little more trade value becuase of his versatility but the deal would make sense for Buffalo because good D arent easy to trade for right now and they have lots of young talent up front.

Hecht-Langkow-Iginla

This line would have potential to be a very effective first line with grit and 2 playmakers to get Iginla the puck. Iginla could easily score 50 ginos with those to on his line.

Buffalo would all of a sudden have a decent top 4 if Zhitnik stays.

Zhitnik-Kalinin
Lydman-Mckee

Vatican Roulette 11-22-2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

you need to watch hockey a little more...

Hecht is the prototype for the flames. Will put up 50 points average per year and play a strong two-way game. And, the guy isn't soft.

Although i do think its funny that you ask for no soft euro's when you're trading one.