HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Score a goal? Take a seat on the bench (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1147713)

Guerzy 03-28-2012 08:35 PM

Score a goal? Take a seat on the bench

Rangers beat Jets 4-2.

Discuss.

Pavelec4MVP 03-28-2012 08:35 PM

#fail4nail
Not going to read the noel hate in here
Good night

Lynk 03-28-2012 08:36 PM

Next season will be much more serious as the honeymoon will be over.

bigplay41 03-28-2012 08:36 PM

Well our chances of getting a lottery pick went up at least

Diatidialga 03-28-2012 08:38 PM

Someone needs to talk Noel, he has been awful lately.

AugustBurnsRed* 03-28-2012 08:38 PM

3 things really should have happened today.

-Timeout after the shorthanded goal.
-More 4th line time.
-Enstrom at the point.. Byuglien in front of the net on the PP.

JustGivingEr 03-28-2012 08:39 PM

Ah well. Not a good game today. Rangers are a good team. I'd just like us to go out and give'r for the rest of the season.

Not a fan of the lack of ice time for Machacek and Maxwell.

denniscasa 03-28-2012 08:39 PM

NP. We have a lottery pick waiting for us. let's lose the final 5 games of the season.

-Claude Noel's thoughts

Guerzy 03-28-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 46887891)
Next season will be much more serious as the honeymoon will be over.

Yep. It will all still be a process and there will be a plan, but I am looking forward to being a bit more critical and giving more attention to the success of the team, being more results oriented, etc.

Machinehead 03-28-2012 08:40 PM

Hey you guys are tremendous. Congrats on getting the team back. Can't wait to see you guys again :handclap:

Lux Aurumque* 03-28-2012 08:40 PM

More and more reason to hate on Noel. I've been saying this all year. He really is NOT a good coach.

Machacek continues to impress. It will be disgusting if he doesn't get a full time spot next year.

chancemc 03-28-2012 08:40 PM

rly was terrible coaching again. pavelec stunk for the most part for the like the 5th straight game. hes ****ing gassed obviously too bad claude keeps trotting him out there. mason 100 percent hsould have played tonight.

Huffer 03-28-2012 08:40 PM

Didn't deserve the win after the team mailed it in after getting up by 2.

I'm a fan of Noel's work this year so I'm not going to be too hard on him. I would have liked to have seen more of our callup line, but if Noel plays them and they don't produce he'll get roasted as well for not playing his top players.

I would also like to see Noel get a little more active with his players as well as the refs. You can see Torts giving Ranger players an earful when they make bonehead plays, and he also is active with the refs.

IMckay 03-28-2012 08:42 PM

Ok, we're all obviously frustrated by Noel's line management.

However, does anyone really think that having the fourth line play 6 minutes more would've given us the win here? It's not like Noel lost us the game because he didn't play the 4th line much. If that was true, that's says something pretty sad about our team.

I think we got beat by simply a better team. We had plenty of opportunities - our special teams played really poorly. NYR is #1 in the eastern conference for a reason. They are good. We got outplayed by a team that is better than us, plain and simple

Gnova 03-28-2012 08:42 PM

I'm going to use a industrial cleaner to remove this game from my head and never think about it again.

Better team on the ice won. Blaming the coach for not playing the fourth line more for the loss? Lol

Kane disappeared after being hit. I think he took his ball and went home.

JetsFan815 03-28-2012 08:43 PM

I turned the game off after the 2nd period secretly hoping that we'd lose but just didn't have it in me to watch the team lose.

Boys the game plan is to get to 5th or 6th draft pick, and then hope for the lottery for Nail or Grigerenko! Go Bolts, Canes, Leafs, Ducks!!!!!!!

Kloparren 03-28-2012 08:43 PM

Burmi only has 42 PIM so far? This can't be right, he takes at least one minor penalty every time I watch.

South Beach 03-28-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffer (Post 46888205)
Didn't deserve the win after the team mailed it in after getting up by 2.

I'm a fan of Noel's work this year so I'm not going to be too hard on him. I would have liked to have seen more of our callup line, but if Noel plays them and they don't produce he'll get roasted as well for not playing his top players.

I would also like to see Noel get a little more active with his players as well as the refs. You can see Torts giving Ranger players an earful when they make bonehead plays, and he also is active with the refs.

At least give them the chance to "not produce." The first line didn't produce any more than the 4th. Buff with only 1 shot on goal and that occurred on his last shift of the game.

Lux Aurumque* 03-28-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffer (Post 46888205)

This.

We need a coach who can get fired up. I wasn't a huge Bob Hartley fan, but that was one thing he brought to this team. He got downright pissed when the team screwed up. Noel just pops a losenge.

Too bad the Leafs hired Carlyle. He's exactly the type of coach this team needs. Toronto would honestly be better off with a Noel type coach.

Gnova 03-28-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancemc (Post 46888191)
rly was terrible coaching again. pavelec stunk for the most part for the like the 5th straight game. hes ****ing gassed obviously too bad claude keeps trotting him out there. mason 100 percent hsould have played tonight.

We're we watching a different game? Blaming Pavs for this loss :(

Maybe look at the amazing invisible men (Kane and Wellwood).

IMckay 03-28-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancemc (Post 46888191)

Honestly, why? It's the second last home game of the year. We're already eliminated, if we lose, it means nothing. I get that logic for games on the road, and I'm sure we'll see mason in one or two of the next road games. But I say, it's a home game, your fans would probably rather see the #1 in net, just play him. I'm sure Pavs wanted to play too

Lynk 03-28-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMckay (Post 46888317)
Ok, we're all obviously frustrated by Noel's line management.

However, does anyone really think that having the fourth line play 6 minutes more would've given us the win here? It's not like Noel lost us the game because he didn't play the 4th line much. If that was true, that's says something pretty sad about our team.

It's not really a case of winning or losing the game with me. It's the fact that up until tonight they have been one of the hardest working lines all while getting results on the scoreboard.

Then they go out tonight and score a goal in the 1st period. Logic would dictate they would see more time if we really follow the "players that want to play will play" motif. And what we see is them stuck on the bench until 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

The fact the Jets were stinking it up after that simply added fuel to the fire. It's just not smart coaching imo, you reward players who actually give their best which they have been doing.

The team is basically out of the playoffs at this point so this should be more of an evaluation period to see what this roster has going forward for next year. If anything Machacek looks like he can garner a spot on opening day so why not give him and Maxwell more time to see what they can do when the results really don't matter.

JustGivingEr 03-28-2012 08:46 PM

I don't think anyone has blamed Noel not playing the fourth line for the loss...

We're just frustrated that a line that scored and gives it there all every shift isn't getting any ice time.

Edit: This is the tl'dr of Lynks post above :laugh:

JetsFan815 03-28-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 46888447)
Burmi only has 42 PIM so far? This can't be right, he takes at least one minor penalty every time I watch.

lol and I love the reaction he has everytime he gets a penalty. Utter outrage and disgust at the call, even if it's blatantly the right call :laugh:

BlueCalgary63 03-28-2012 08:47 PM

One thing to consider, while I think the 4th line should've got more icetime, Torts benched his 4th line early into the game. To Noel's defence (partially) he probably didn't like the matchups of our 4th not vs. the rangers 4th