HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Kapanen returns home to Finland to play (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=114792)

swflyers8* 11-22-2004 10:54 AM

Kapanen returns home to Finland to play

http://www.kalpa-hockey.fi/kuvat/kui...en_kapanen.jpg

I can't translate what this says...but here is the website anyway:

KalPa Hockey

Korhonen 11-30-2004 11:57 AM

KalPa held a press conference today where they presented Kapanen to the press.

Kapanen said that he is excited to play in Kuopio again and is anxiously waiting his first game with his native club. He has planned to be in Finland until the 17th of January and then consider with his family what they are going to do.

Kapanen said that he is in pretty good shape, but also told that he fatigued quite quickly in the training yesterday.

Kapanen will play his first game on Thursday against KooKoo. It's possible that the game will be sold out, which hasn't happened for years in Kuopio and 5004 spectators would be the new record of Mestis (=the Finnish tier II league).

KalPa already have one NHLer, Nashville's Adam Hall.

swflyers8* 11-30-2004 03:05 PM

Thanks for translating or clearing up what was said. I tried to get the jist of it but I couldn't. Keep us updated on how Sami is doing.. ;)

Korhonen 11-30-2004 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Thanks for translating or clearing up what was said. I tried to get the jist of it but I couldn't. Keep us updated on how Sami is doing.. ;)

Actually, the article you posted didn't handle Kapanen's comeback. What it said about Sami was that he and Kimmo Timonen are the part owners of KalPa.

Anyways, I'll keep you up to date. I already have a ticket to Thursday's game and can hardly wait it to start! Christmas comes early this year... ;)

Winston Wolf 11-30-2004 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korhonen
Actually, the article you posted didn't handle Kapanen's comeback. What it said about Sami was that he and Kimmo Timonen are the part owners of KalPa.

Anyways, I'll keep you up to date. I already have a ticket to Thursday's game and can hardly wait it to start! Christmas comes early this year... ;)

How long is Kapanen playing Mestis? Is it just a conditioning thing or will he remain there permanently? Thanks for the info.

Korhonen 11-30-2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
How long is Kapanen playing Mestis? Is it just a conditioning thing or will he remain there permanently? Thanks for the info.

He will stay in Finland until January 17th and play 9 games during that period of time.

I'll quote Sami: "After that (Jan 17th) I'll go to Philadelphia for awhile. However, my intensions are to be back in Kuopio well before the playoffs if the season is cancelled. It strongly seems like, that the season will be cancelled."

Winston Wolf 11-30-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korhonen
He will stay in Finland until January 17th and play 9 games during that period of time.

I'll quote Sami: "After that (Jan 17th) I'll go to Philadelphia for awhile. However, my intensions are to be back in Kuopio well before the playoffs if the season is cancelled. It strongly seems like, that the season will be cancelled."

Thanks. I wasn't sure if he was going to start out playing Mestis then be promoted to SM-Liiga, but it sounds like he'll be playing Mestis the whole time. Hopefully Sami can regain his scoring touch with Kuopio.

Korhonen 12-02-2004 05:58 PM

Sami's debut

KalPa-KooKoo 4-3 (1-0,1-0,1-3,1-0), after over time
Sami Kapanen (KalPa) 2+0

KalPa played a poor game, but Sami was excellent. He was pretty invisible in the first period, but played better and better as the game went on.

In his first goal (2-0) KalPa defender Matti Kuusisto won the puck to KalPa, passed it to Kapanen who played it to Kasper Kenig who quickly returned it to Kapanen who shot the puck to the net.

The second one (3-2) he scored by a great slapshot from the blueline when KalPa were playing on five players against three.

Nashville's NHLer Adam Hall scored the over time goal from a rebound. Sami was on the ice, but didn't get assist.

Sami played mainly on the right wing of the first line, but was also used as a defender in the power play. He set up a couple good scoring opportunities for his team mates, but they couldn't get the puck in. Sami played surprisingly much (especially in the third and the over time period) considering that this was his first game for over six months.

KalPa's and Sami's next game is an away game against Jukurit on Saturday. Last time KalPa played against Jukurit was a month ago (also an away game) and lost 5-1. KalPa have played 22 games, won 20 and lost two.

EDIT: Here is pictures from the game:
http://kalpa-hockey.ip-finland.com/g...album17&page=1

swflyers8* 12-03-2004 07:19 AM

Thanks again for the update. Good to see he did well in his first game back. :yo:

Korhonen 12-04-2004 11:29 AM

Jukurit-KalPa 2-1 (0-0,0-0,1-1,1-0), after over time
Sami Kapanen (KalPa) 1+0

I listened the game on the radio so I can't give very thorough report on Sami.

Adam Hall won a face-off and Sami shot the puck to the net with a slapshot.

EDIT: misspelling

easton122 12-04-2004 05:37 PM

Thanks a lot for telling us what you know about the games :handclap:

Korhonen 12-09-2004 02:55 PM

KalPa-Jokipojat 4-3 (1-2,1-1,1-0,1-0), after over time
Sami Kapanen (KalPa) 1+1

Another poor game by KalPa, but once moore they managed to take the over time win. Sami played on the same line with Adam Hall and the line dominated the first period, but wasn't as good as the game went on.

Sami was awarded as the best player of the game, but I don't think he deserved it this time. He was probably the best player of KalPa, but Jokipojat's goalie was umbelievable and stopped 57 shots!

Korhonen 12-11-2004 10:50 AM

Bad news from Finland!

KalPa are currently playing against Hermes, but Kapanen isn't. He hurt his knee in the first period and the early diagnosis is that he will be out for three weeks. :cry:

Roger's Pancreas* 12-11-2004 01:06 PM

Flyers players are dropping like flies. Now Kim and Sami are done for. Sharp, Pitkanen, Eager, and Fedoruk just returned from injuries. crap crap crap crap

Korhonen 12-12-2004 03:04 PM

According to Jatkoaika.com Kapanen will be out for 2-4 weeks. So, if the lockout continues, Sami misses only one game due to Christmas break.