HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Finland (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Jukka Hentunen destroys Camilo Miettinen - clean or not? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1148005)

glassbangers 03-29-2012 07:11 AM

Jukka Hentunen destroys Camilo Miettinen - clean or not?

There is a BIG discussion in Finland about this open ice hit. Was it blind-sided? I don't think so. Was it headshot? I don't think so. IMO it was shoulder against shoulder and that shouldn't be five minute major! Someone said it was disrespectful hit but Miettinen was stupid on that play. Why he cuts to the middle because he surely knows that someone is going to bang him up?

Miettinen has concussion and damaged gristle on clavicle and his season is over. Hentunen's hit is going to local Shanahan.

I want to get sope opinions from foreigners and NHL-fans! Dirty hit or not?

Edit. Oh yeah, it was five minut major for charging.

ElHefe 03-29-2012 07:19 AM

It seemed like a clean hit. Hentunen did not target Miettinen's head and the head itself was not even especially low. Hentunen's hands were not high either. Miettinen had a bad luck, he had focused on the puck and moving it forward but suddenly out of nowhere Hentunen appears and tackles. Anyway judging from the slow-motion, it did not look like Hentunen was directing the force of the tackle straight to Miettinen's head. Clean hit!

SPMaximus 03-29-2012 07:25 AM

looks clean

SoupyFIN 03-29-2012 08:00 AM

The hit itself wasn't malicious nor the head was targeted, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hentunen get a few games.

LOFIN 03-29-2012 08:05 AM

Hentunen will not be suspended for this hit (per Savon Sanomat), nor he should. Absolutely clean hit, the best I've seen in SM-Liiga this season. From the video there's no way to track all Hentunen's steps, so I won't crusify the referees for calling that major for charging.
Hopefully Miettinen is ready for action ASAP.

YARR123 03-29-2012 08:11 AM

According to the rules it's a clean hit, but in general I don't like these huge open ice head-on hits, they're the most dangerous and very often something like this happens. If two players collide in full speed against each other coming from opposite directions, bad things happen.

SoupyFIN 03-29-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOFIN (Post 46909807)
Hopefully Miettinen is ready for action ASAP.

Done for the season as per Blues head coach:

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...isen-kausi-ohi

bebl 03-29-2012 08:57 AM

Clean.

goodoldhockeygame 03-29-2012 09:32 AM

absolutely clean. no headshot, no blindside.

Tuomaz 03-29-2012 09:51 AM

Subban-like hit.

Latex* 03-29-2012 10:26 AM

Blind side. Should have gotten at least one game for it.

goodoldhockeygame 03-30-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut (Post 46913295)
Blind side. Should have gotten at least one game for it.

imo he turns and skates torwards hentunen. i think its more of a hard open ice hit from ahead. but i guess thats debatble. When i saw it first time i thought its blindside, but after replay i came to the conclusion to my conclusion above...

gib 03-30-2012 03:36 PM

As clean as freshly washed window.

How bout Salomäki/Hodgman incident?

LOFIN 03-30-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gib (Post 46991205)
As clean as freshly washed window.

How bout Salomäki/Hodgman incident?

These are the kind of situations I hate. Both players, nothing to do with the play itself, skate upon eachother and collide. Salomäki saw Hodgman first, thus hodgman getting the worst of it. Basicaly the correct call would be interference to both :laugh: but since Salomäki was more prepared and Hodgman had no idea where he was going, the major. Stupid, but from a refferees angle, what are you going to do?

willfenix 03-30-2012 10:29 PM

Looks clean, it just looks like there was some incidental contact from Hentunen's elbow to Camilo's head just from the position Hentunen was in.

Haite 03-31-2012 02:23 AM

Salomäki got a three-game suspension for that. ****ing ridiculous if you ask me.

bebl 03-31-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haite (Post 47026181)
Salomäki got a three-game suspension for that. ****ing ridiculous if you ask me.

Agree

Latex* 03-31-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haite (Post 47026181)

Well, It was his second game misconduct in 3 games. Plus I have hard time believing it was an accident. First you accidentally bump in to a referee, the next game you accidentally take out arguably the best player in the league in the last minute of a game you're losing.

The kid needs to learn his lesson before he does anything really stupid.

Oh wait he already ended Hodgman's season.

Needles 03-31-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut (Post 47028613)
Oh wait he already ended Hodgman's season.

Yeah right. And the Oscar goes to.........Kai Suikkanen & Justin Hodgman! Congrats!

gib 03-31-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Needles (Post 47030851)
Yeah right. And the Oscar goes to.........Kai Suikkanen & Justin Hodgman! Congrats!

Those guys played it well. The contact didnt look that hard even in the first place, but Hodgman did great "dying swan" imitation. Despite that 1 game suspension would have been alright for Salomäki, but 3 games is too much.

goodoldhockeygame 04-02-2012 02:48 AM

is hodgman out now? or was it just a nice acting efford?

ChadS 04-02-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lassse34 (Post 47147241)
is hodgman out now? or was it just a nice acting efford?

He already played in the game after that incident(next day). He was added into the lineup just before the game after apparently testing his condition in the warm-up. It does sound a bit suspicious...

Now it's being reported that the league has removed whats left of Salomäki's 3 game suspension and he will play tonight in the game 7. Link to this: http://www.kaleva.fi/urheilu/salomak...tanaan/572920/

goodoldhockeygame 04-02-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadS (Post 47148711)
He already played in the game after that incident(next day). He was added into the lineup just before the game after apparently testing his condition in the warm-up. It does sound a bit suspicious...

Now it's being reported that the league has removed whats left of Salomäki's 3 game suspension and he will play tonight in the game 7. Link to this: http://www.kaleva.fi/urheilu/salomak...tanaan/572920/

thx.

haha in that case it sounds really suspicious. but imo good move to cut down the suspension.