HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   How do you make a great team better? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=114813)

Jaysfanatic* 11-22-2004 02:36 PM

How do you make a great team better?

I was reading the Sunday London Free Press, and the Soo Grey Hounds have had one call from a GM regarding the availability of Jeff Carter....that GM? Mark Hunter of the London Knights. I couldn't believe what I was reading, could JC actually come home to play for the Knights? That would be scary. (for the record, the article said the Soo said no.....for now.....but if they're in a bad spot come January, then they'll talk)

FearTheFlyers 11-22-2004 03:05 PM

Carter is going nowhere, as the Soo have said several times.

Douggy 11-22-2004 04:31 PM

Why would the Knights want to mess with the great chemistry they have??

Jaysfanatic* 11-22-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Carter is going nowhere, as the Soo have said several times.

I believe I said the same thing in my post, it's in brackets. :)

macleafs 11-22-2004 06:38 PM

London would be a .500 team in the west!!!

The London Knights have no one to play against in the OHL. If they played in the west Med Hat, Kelowna, Red Deer, Calgary, Vancouver, Saskatoon, Seattle and Kootaney would all be better teams then them. Hopefully you enjoy your year because when it comes time for the Mem-cup, the west will win again.

Jaysfanatic* 11-22-2004 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macleafs
The London Knights have no one to play against in the OHL. If they played in the west Med Hat, Kelowna, Red Deer, Calgary, Vancouver, Saskatoon, Seattle and Kootaney would all be better teams then them. Hopefully you enjoy your year because when it comes time for the Mem-cup, the west will win again.

You wish chump.

trahans99 11-22-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

How many beers have you been drinking tonight as*munch. Have you seen the division the Knights are in w/ Kitchener, Owen Sound, Erie and Guelph. Its the best division in the OHL and the Knights have beaten them all twice. I can't wait until London wins the memcup to shove it people like you's face :teach:

flip588 11-22-2004 09:24 PM

It's true. London is in the toughest division in the OHL. This team definetly looks like they could and probably are the best in the CHL, but I won't jump to conclusions without having watched some of the teams listed above. And all of this is coming from an Owen Sound fan, not a Knights fan.

As for making the Knights better, I say you don't mess with them.

OHLArenaGuide 11-23-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

The one-game under .500 Vancouver Giants? You're dreaming. Maybe one or two of the above teams are better than the Knights, but how could a team with a 12-11-0-2 record (lost more than they've won) beat a team that hasn't yet been defeated?

macleafs 11-23-2004 05:38 PM

West is the Best!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sec17
The one-game under .500 Vancouver Giants? You're dreaming. Maybe one or two of the above teams are better than the Knights, but how could a team with a 12-11-0-2 record (lost more than they've won) beat a team that hasn't yet been defeated?

A team with that record could beat an undefeated team because like I said the whole OHL is is weaker than the whole WHL. Vancouver's loses have come against tougher WHL teams not weaker OHL teams.

macleafs 11-23-2004 05:46 PM

How did Guelph do at the Mem-cup?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trahans99
How many beers have you been drinking tonight as*munch. Have you seen the division the Knights are in w/ Kitchener, Owen Sound, Erie and Guelph. Its the best division in the OHL and the Knights have beaten them all twice. I can't wait until London wins the memcup to shove it people like you's face :teach:

Might be a tough division in the OHL, but that is it.

Douggy 11-23-2004 11:11 PM

In the past 5 years, the W has won the memorial cup as many times as the O.

OHLArenaGuide 11-26-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

A team with that record could beat an undefeated team because like I said the whole OHL is is weaker than the whole WHL. Vancouver's loses have come against tougher WHL teams not weaker OHL teams.

Like I said, MAYBE a few WHL teams are better than the OHL, but if you put the best OHL team against the MJ Warriors or the SC Broncos, who would win? There are some excellent teams in the OHL this year - Kitchener, Owen Sound, Mississauga - and the Knights have beaten them all.

Put the Knights against the Tigers and it would be a heck of a good game. Put the Knights against any WHL team under .500, including the Giants, and it would be as much of a blowout as a game between the Tigers and the Saginaw Spirit would be.