HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Flames Buy Majority Stake In Stampeders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1148335)

FLAMES666 03-29-2012 12:48 PM

Flames Buy Majority Stake In Stampeders

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2385922/

Stewie Griffin 03-29-2012 12:53 PM

This is great news!

McMahon and the Dome are both in need of significant sprucing up and building a combined sports complex would make a lot of sense for both of these teams.

TheHudlinator 03-29-2012 12:55 PM

O god hopefully they can stop the cfl, I hate 3 down football.

Svensational 03-29-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 46923953)

what's going on with the canucks avatar?:shakehead

TheHudlinator 03-29-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svensational (Post 46924367)
what's going on with the canucks avatar?:shakehead

Uh, I should have just made a thread about this :laugh:. I have spent my whole life in the vancouver area grow up idolizing Bure and Linden, Iggy made a flame fan than after the Bertuzzi incident I couldn't call vancouver my team anymore but they are still my second favorite team. I know that makes me a freak.

Sean Monahan 03-29-2012 01:59 PM

How would a hockey/football complex stadium work? Aren't football stadium a lot bigger and holds a lot more fans than a hockey arena?

Won't oppose to having something like BC place though :sarcasm:

Stewie Griffin 03-29-2012 02:48 PM

Not quite sure of the logistics, but you could retract lower level hockey seats for football games. It could also create a crapton of seating for hockey games.

Or maybe it's two stadiums with shared parking (considering there wouldn't be a conflict with events)

saskriders 03-29-2012 03:01 PM

Hopefully this get's the Stamps and Flames new homes

(although the Riders and Sens are awesomer :P)

King In The North 03-29-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 46924957)
Uh, I should have just made a thread about this :laugh:. I have spent my whole life in the vancouver area grow up idolizing Bure and Linden, Iggy made a flame fan than after the Bertuzzi incident I couldn't call vancouver my team anymore but they are still my second favorite team. I know that makes me a freak.

Hybrid freak!

TheHudlinator 03-29-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLaDOS (Post 46931041)
Hybrid freak!

:cry: No one wants me.

Medium Rare* 03-29-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 46923953)

that is just un-Canadian

disowned.

TheHudlinator 03-29-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medium Rare (Post 46946381)
that is just un-Canadian

disowned.

Un-Canadian? its ****ing boring its not like I hate beer or maple syrup I just ****ing hate 3 down football.

MarkGio 03-29-2012 07:52 PM

I don't think watching the NFL over the CFL is un-Canadian. I think if you're a football fan, the NFL seems to be the logical choice. The competition in the NFL is far more fierce. American kids don't have to get grades, they're only enrolled to play the game. It's a culture in America schools like hockey is a culture in our schools. The NFL players are bigger and faster, and the talent pool is filtered from a much larger football playing population.

I personally watch CFL football games only, but only if I get free tickets and have no other special way to drink a beer. But if I were to follow the game passionately, it would probably have to be the NFL.

Medium Rare* 03-29-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 46946723)
Un-Canadian? its ****ing boring its not like I hate beer or maple syrup I just ****ing hate 3 down football.

First it was clearly a joke, so pull the stick out of your butt

Second you find the CFL boring but the NFL entertaining?

What the **** is entertaining about 2 running plays and than a passing play if they haven't gotten the 1st down? Less downs forces more passing which is what makes the CFL more exciting. The NFL is to football as the Stanley Cup winning Devils were to hockey. Boring as ****

FLAMES666 03-29-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medium Rare (Post 46953709)

What the **** is entertaining about 2 running plays and than a passing play if they haven't gotten the 1st down? Less downs forces more passing which is what makes the CFL more exciting. The NFL is to football as the Stanley Cup winning Devils were to hockey. Boring as ****

Depends who you talk to, the difference in talent level from the CFL and the NFL is ridiculous. CFL is just flat out bad football, their may be more passing plays but most of those are incomplete passes since guys can't catch worth a **** and QB's are so inaccurate.

TheHudlinator 03-29-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medium Rare (Post 46953709)

I know it was a joke I wasn't mad but you seem to be. Also was a running back so no running in the CFL makes it boring for me also how the **** does the defense not see a pass play coming half the time they look stunned.

Flames Fanatic 03-29-2012 10:53 PM

Serious question, what professional sports team does the Flames ownership group not own in the city now?

DBU 03-29-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic (Post 46965791)
Serious question, what professional sports team does the Flames ownership group not own in the city now?

The Calgary Vipers.

:laugh:

Xelstyle 03-30-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Sauce (Post 46967689)
The Calgary Vipers.

:laugh:

He did say professional sports. :sarcasm:

Noori 03-30-2012 12:34 AM

For the owners, buying the Calgary Vipers would equivalent to me buying a candy bar at the gas station. They may as well, just to complete the set.

mjw22 03-30-2012 01:25 AM

As a Rider fan this may be good news. Based on the results the past 14 years with the Flames the stamps may be in trouble. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Medium Rare* 03-30-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 46956367)
I know it was a joke I wasn't mad but you seem to be. Also was a running back so no running in the CFL makes it boring for me also how the **** does the defense not see a pass play coming half the time they look stunned.

tell guys like Mike Pringle that there is no running in the CFL. It may not be 2/3 of the plays like the NFL, but its still there. I just do not see the fascination with the NFL, I find football painfully slow in the first place but I find with more passing it leads to more great catches and more big hits. To me CFL is like Indy Car while the NFL is Formula 1. Formula 1 is better drivers and more money involved but I find it more mind numbing.

DBU 03-30-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelstyle (Post 46969339)
He did say professional sports. :sarcasm:

Was waiting for this. :biglaugh:

goodsauce 03-30-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 46970277)
For the owners, buying the Calgary Vipers would equivalent to me buying a candy bar at the gas station. They may as well, just to complete the set.

I think the Vipers have folded, but why not upgrade the stadium, and get a AAA affiliate club back in Calgary, I for one LOVED the CANNONS.

Oh and just to let out my rage, the Vipers still owe me $450.00. Damn ******!!

Double Dion 03-30-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw22 (Post 46971589)
As a Rider fan this may be good news. Based on the results the past 14 years with the Flames the stamps may be in trouble. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Don't you have a truck full of manure to dump on someone's front lawn, or a piece of fruit to hollow out and jam on your dome? :sarcasm: