HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Would you play Hank tomorrow? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1148869)

Legend23 03-29-2012 09:40 PM

Would you play Hank tomorrow?

I know that there is sentiment that Torts will play Biron tomorrow night against the Habs but I would play Hank because we only need to go 2-2-1 to clinch even if Pitt wins out as we have them beat in regulation wins. If we can win tomorrow night there is a good chance we could clinch before the final game of the season and we could give him a couple of days off just prior to the playoffs which I think is more beneficial than tomorrow night. I can just see us dominating the Habs but Marty letting in some soft goals and we lose. I am curious to hear what others think.

Blueshirt Believer 03-29-2012 09:47 PM

Imo, he plays until we clinch the division. He has had plenty of rest.

SnowblindNYR 03-29-2012 09:47 PM

If we start Biron I really hope it's not because Torts feels there are some games he can blow and still clinch. Dangerous mentality to have.

Killem Dafoe 03-29-2012 09:49 PM

yes i would. it's almost show time.

Kershaw 03-29-2012 09:52 PM

I'd give Biron the start. We need him to be fresh going into the playoffs as well, because you never know what'll happen in the post-season.

Kane One 03-29-2012 09:52 PM

I wouldn't..

we want cup 03-29-2012 09:54 PM

Start him. He needs to get keep getting his confidence back.

Giacomin 03-29-2012 09:54 PM

I would play him. He is going to play every game in the playoffs so he might as well get used to it. An interesting question would be what if when the Rangers play Washington the last game of the season they need the win to get in the playoffs and a loss keeps them out and the Rangers have already clinched the conference do the Rangers play Lundqvist? I would say no and rest him.

NYRFAN218 03-29-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 46961813)
I'd give Biron the start. We need him to be fresh going into the playoffs as well, because you never know what'll happen in the post-season.

One start won't kill him, we got him the rest he needs. It's time for him to get in a groove now. Plus, he'll get a break between the final game against the Caps and the start of the playoffs. If everything is locked up by the Caps game than I'd give it to Biron.

pavelich 03-29-2012 10:00 PM

The King plays until we clinch. :handclap:

Blueshirt Believer 03-29-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 46962247)
One start won't kill him, we got him the rest he needs. It's time for him to get in a groove now. Plus, he'll get a break between the final game against the Caps and the start of the playoffs. If everything is locked up by the Caps game than I'd give it to Biron.

All depends if the Caps are in a playoff position or in a position to get knocked out. If they are in a position to knock them out, you do it. You don't want to let a team slide in when your in a position to end their season. Especially if that same team is going to face you in the first round of the playoffs.

If the caps are done by that game or already clinched, then you rest your key players.

SnowblindNYR 03-29-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bickel41 (Post 46962007)
I would play him. He is going to play every game in the playoffs so he might as well get used to it. An interesting question would be what if when the Rangers play Washington the last game of the season they need the win to get in the playoffs and a loss keeps them out and the Rangers have already clinched the conference do the Rangers play Lundqvist? I would say no and rest him.

Who cares if Washington makes the playoffs or not? You start Biron. The better question is, if 1st place is clinched, but we can clinch the president's trophy in the final game of the season, do we play him?

Tawnos 03-29-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 46963105)
Who cares if Washington makes the playoffs or not? You start Biron. The better question is, if 1st place is clinched, but we can clinch the president's trophy in the final game of the season, do we play him?

You care about Washington making the playoffs because, if they do, it's in the 8 seed. You don't want them gaining confidence against you no matter how false the pretense might be.

SnowblindNYR 03-29-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawnos (Post 46963417)
You care about Washington making the playoffs because, if they do, it's in the 8 seed. You don't want them gaining confidence against you no matter how false the pretense might be.

Trust me none of the teams at 8 thrill me but I think at this point I'd rather play Washington than Buffalo and for the longest time Washington was the team at 8 I wanted to play least.

AdamBanks99 03-29-2012 10:18 PM

hank has had plenty of rest. if biron was going to start before the playoffs it would've been in winny. hank is starting the rest of the way out.

MAC TRUCK 03-29-2012 10:35 PM

Put Marty on ice. See you in October. Its go time.

Dangleberry 03-29-2012 10:50 PM

I would play Hank until the game against the Caps, which would leave him some rest for the first round.

KreiMeARiver* 03-29-2012 11:05 PM

Let's pretend I'm Reggie Jackson from The Naked Gun:

Must. Play. The King!

KingWantsCup 03-29-2012 11:31 PM

I'd prefer to get him rolling hot into the playoffs. He plays better that way, as long as it isn't for an extended period of time, which in this case it isn't.

The Lone Ranger 03-29-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 46963537)
Trust me none of the teams at 8 thrill me but I think at this point I'd rather play Washington than Buffalo and for the longest time Washington was the team at 8 I wanted to play least.

The Caps certainly have the potential to offensively explode in the postseason. But truth be told, the Sabres have been THE hottest team over the last 19 games, with a 14-2-3 record. Yes, that is even better than the Pens (14-4-1). Caps have played at a more down-to-Earth clip at 10-6-3.

In those last 19 games, Buffalo has held teams to 2 goals or fewer 11 times. Bottom line is that other than the Blues, the Sabes have been playing the best defense over the last month. If the Richards-Gabby-Hags line still provides offense on a sporadic basis come playoff time,.... I think Ryan Miller might be a threat to stonewall us in the 1st round.

Matchup-wise, I think the two toughest teams for the Rangers in the East are the Pens and the Sabres, by far. The Flyers could be a serious threat, IF Bryzgalov is able to rebound successfully from his foot injury. If not, then Philly falls in with the likes of the Caps and Debbies.

With all that said,.... it's a no-brainer as to who plays. Hank all the way until we clinch the first seed.

Blueshirt Believer 03-29-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger (Post 46967907)
The Caps certainly have the potential to offensively explode in the postseason. But truth be told, the Sabres have been THE hottest team over the last 19 games, with a 14-2-3 record. Yes, that is even better than the Pens (14-4-1). Caps have played at a more down-to-Earth clip at 10-6-3.

In those last 19 games, Buffalo has held teams to 2 goals or fewer 11 times. Bottom line is that other than the Blues, the Sabes have been playing the best defense over the last month. If the Richards-Gabby-Hags line still provides offense on a sporadic basis come playoff time,.... I think Ryan Miller might be a threat to stonewall us in the 1st round.

Matchup-wise, I think the two toughest teams for the Rangers in the East are the Pens and the Sabres, by far. The Flyers could be a serious threat, IF Bryzgalov is able to rebound successfully from his foot injury. If not, then Philly falls in with the likes of the Caps and Debbies.

With all that said,.... it's a no-brainer as to who plays. Hank all the way until we clinch the first seed.

To be fair, Buffalo has been playing well because Miller is playing like a man possessed. Buffalo's defense is still mediocre. They are a team that is riding Miller, I don't think that is going to last down the stretch.

theJUMPER 03-29-2012 11:54 PM

I posted sit him on another thread and i'm sticking to it, especially after the Pens lost. Would rather Hank finish the final 4 games straight vs. Bos, Philly, Pens, Caps. That stretch will put him in playoff mode.

Biron is 12-5 with a 2.38 GAA, people on here act like he's a jobber.

Blueshirt Believer 03-29-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theJUMPER (Post 46968795)
I posted sit him on another thread and i'm sticking to it, especially after the Pens lost. Would rather Hank finish the final 4 games straight vs. Bos, Philly, Pens, Caps. That stretch will put him in playoff mode.

Biron is 12-5 with a 2.38 GAA, people on here act like he's a jobber.

Its not that I don't feel that Biron is capable. Its that I want Hank to work out any nagging technical issues or kinks.

As far as giving him more rest, Hank has had plenty of rest.

Captain Monglobster 03-29-2012 11:57 PM

Henrik wants to play 82 games a year. Hes been rested more this year than any season in his entire career....he doesn't need more rest.

Get him on a roll going into the playoffs. He's been looking good the last couple games, no need to break up his rhythm.

wolfgaze 03-30-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightide85 (Post 46966337)
let's pretend i'm reggie jackson from the naked gun:

Must. Play. The king!

hahah!