HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers' Beyond 20 Prospects POLL (FINAL) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=114894)

bmoak 11-23-2004 12:12 AM

Rangers' Beyond 20 Prospects POLL (FINAL)

This is the final poll round for the Honorable Mention Spot. The poll winner will get the Honorable Mention and the #41 spot and the cumulative points that the ramining prospects have acquired will determine the rest of the ranking order.

When you vote in the poll, please also post and name the prospect that you would like to see win NEXT round (Honorable Honorable Mention!). Those points will be added in to help determine the remianing rankings

Beyond the Valley of the #20 Ranking...

21) Dominic Moore
22) Zdenek Bahensky
23) Brandon Dubinsky
24) Nate Guenin
25) Billy Ryan
26) Chad Wiseman
27) Ken Roche
28) Alexandre Giroux
29) Corey Potter
30) Greg Moore
31) Jonathan Paiement
32) Ryan Hollweg
33) Jakub Petruzalek
34) Ryan Callahan
35) Dane Byers
36) Roman Psurny
37) Mike Walsh
38) Chris Holt
39) Lee Falardeau
40) Rick Kozak

WHO IS THE RANGERS' HONORABLE MENTION PROSPECT?

bmoak 11-23-2004 12:18 AM

EW STUFF: Since the past several rounds have not produced clearcut winners, rather than waiting for a long time each round for a winner to emerge or having a runoff every round, I'm altering the poll method slightly to try and break the deadlocks, since I don't like calling a winner until at least a 2-vote margin of victory opens up.

I'll call the poll at or after 25 votes have been cast regardless of whether there is a winner. In addition to the poll votes, bonus votes will be assigned as follows:

+5 votes: Poll winner or tied for lead in poll.
+5 votes: Each vote that poll winner is ahead of runner-up.
+* votes: The cumulative vote total that as prospect has received in all previous rounds.

These totals will be used after this round for Honorable Mention rankings. Currently, cumulative vote totals are as follows:

Crabb: 10
Foote: 28
Grenier: 12
Hirschovits: 1
Rawlyk: 5
Reese: 13
Stals: 4
Weller: 1

bmoak 11-23-2004 12:20 AM

Voted for Grenier. Crabb for next pick.

allrevvedup25 11-23-2004 07:59 AM

Voted for Foote, Crabb would be my next pick as well.

bmoak 11-23-2004 11:52 AM

Just noticed something. As it is, the we have 49 prospects in the poll. Why not go all the way and make it an even 50?

Who's left? Not too much but off the top of my head...

Brandon Cullen
Ryan Cuthbert
Ivan Dornic
Phillip Furrer
Ryan Glenn
Sven Helfenstein
Lucas Lawson

Not counting Euro players playing in the 2nd Division or Euros who played junior here and then went back to Europe.

So give a final add-in and make it an even 50.

My choice is Cuthbert.

Sunshine 11-23-2004 12:30 PM

Re:

I would suggest a Top 50 with the remainder (whether it's 3 or 5 or 10...these will be the Fuerrer's,Lawson's, and Cuthbert's) as "Honorable Mention)

Sunshine 11-23-2004 12:30 PM

Re:

Lawson must be an add-in.

BDubinskyNYR17* 11-23-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak
Just noticed something. As it is, the we have 49 prospects in the poll. Why not go all the way and make it an even 50?

Who's left? Not too much but off the top of my head...

Brandon Cullen
Ryan Cuthbert
Ivan Dornic
Phillip Furrer
Ryan Glenn
Sven Helfenstein
Lucas Lawson

Not counting Euro players playing in the 2nd Division or Euros who played junior here and then went back to Europe.

So give a final add-in and make it an even 50.

My choice is Cuthbert.

I dont know if Glenn is our property. If he is, then it has not been announced yet. Voted for Crabb

bmoak 11-23-2004 10:24 PM

Like to see some more posts giving...

1) your next round pick
2) add-in for the #50 spot.

..before I call.

As of right now, it looks like...

41) Foote
42) Reese
43) Crabb
44) Grenier
45) Rawlyk
46) Stlas
47) Ulmer
48T) Weller, Hirschovits

Prucha73 11-23-2004 10:51 PM

Where the heck is Labarbera? Add Flynn and Laatikainen.

bmoak 11-23-2004 11:12 PM

LaBarabera is not a prospect according too HF rules, which is why he's never been in the polls. This is his 5th pro season after all.

It'll be lucky if Flynn is offered a contract. He makes Nathan Martz look good. And there will be quite a few new forwards in Hartofrd next year, so I doubt they will have room for him there. i suppose the Rangers might persuade Charlotte to sign him.

Forgot Laatikainen. His chances of coming over are close to nil, though.

Prucha73 11-23-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak
LaBarabera is not a prospect according too HF rules, which is why he's never been in the polls. This is his 5th pro season after all.

It'll be lucky if Flynn is offered a contract. He makes Nathan Martz look good. And there will be quite a few new forwards in Hartofrd next year, so I doubt they will have room for him there. i suppose the Rangers might persuade Charlotte to sign him.

Forgot Laatikainen. His chances of coming over are close to nil, though.

Flynn was never projected to be a scorer like Martz. Flynn might be a good 4th line grinder/checker. He is 6'2" 235lbs.

Quote:

Competitive player who thrives on battling hard and playing physical hockey ... Strong on his feet ... Plays with a great deal of intensity and heart ... Good understanding of the game ... Is willing to battle along the boards ... A tough, two-way player who is willing to grind and pay the price to make a play ... A solid character player ... One of the most physical players in the ECAC.

"Rob is a tough two-way player who works the corners and crashes the net and is willing to grind, fight and take the body. He has decent hands and moves the puck very well down low. He is a competitive kid that thrives on battle, physical play and challenge." - Rangers Scout, Bob Crocker.

bmoak 11-28-2004 09:25 PM

Heh. Forgot about this over the holiday. I'll bump one last time before I tabulate.

Don't forget: You can POST both the name of the next prospect you want to see win (i.e. #42) and what psorpsct you would like to see added for #50.

bmoak 12-01-2004 12:32 AM

Final Tabulation....

41) Jordan Foote
42) Dylan Reese
43) Joey Crabb
44) Martin Grenier
45) Rory Rawlyk
46) Juris Stals
47) Layne Ulmer
48) Craig Weller
49) Kim Hirshovits

50) No clear-cut choice