HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Injury Report: Canucks' Injury Thread: He will play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1148967)

cutcopy 03-29-2012 08:11 PM

Canucks' Injury Thread: He will play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crows (Post 46908475)
Seems obvious to me that the Canucks are now resting players.

They should rest Henrik.

aandbreatheme 03-29-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertpaulson (Post 46943931)
They should rest Henrik.

This X100000

keslerburrows 03-30-2012 12:14 AM

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Gillis tells @imacVanSun that Daniel should be ready for the first round playoffs http://t.co/NA1tc7Vh. #canucks

**** YEAH! :handclap:

JerkChicken 03-30-2012 12:21 AM

Woooo Hooo! Dank should be back for crunch time!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Van...903/story.html

OgoBoHo 03-30-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslerburrows (Post 46966851)
@FarhanLaljiTSN: Gillis tells @imacVanSun that Daniel should be ready for the first round playoffs http://t.co/NA1tc7Vh. #canucks

**** YEAH! :handclap:

Not getting my hopes up yet. Once Daniel can exercise and not get any headaches afterwards, I'll be happy, until then, I'm optimistic, and just praying he gets healthy fast.

Not getting my hopes up for them to be crushed like a bug. Hopefully what is being said is true, but I don't see how they can say he'll be back without Daniel even exercising yet and seeing if he gets headaches or not.

aandbreatheme 03-30-2012 12:25 AM

****ing rights, Danny boyy!! :handclap: :yo:

Wetcoaster 03-30-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerkChicken (Post 46967213)
Woooo Hooo! Dank should be back for crunch time!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Van...903/story.html

Not actually what Gillis said.

gobi 03-30-2012 01:20 AM

Put in Bitz, Ebbet, Alberts, Weiss, etc and rest as many stars as possible. I don't care if the Canucks loses the rest of the games.

BassMason 03-30-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wetcoaster (Post 46969515)
Not actually what Gillis said.

No doubt. Said "We're hopeful if things keep going the way they are that he'll be available".

So in other words if he doesn't have any setbacks he might be back in time. Still better than him having an assortment of tweetie birds flying around his head and not knowing what the playoffs are. Everything Gillis says this time of year, however, I take with a grain of salt. For all we know this could just be misinformation.

Very interested to see when Daniel comes back what kind of affect this will have on him. Will he regress? Will he come out flying like a bat out of hell?

Can't wait for the playoffs to start and I will say my prayers to the mightiest of Gods, The Hockey God, that Danny Boy makes a full recovery and pushes this team to the Stanley Cup.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Wetcoaster 03-30-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassMason (Post 46970349)
No doubt. Said "We're hopeful if things keep going the way they are that he'll be available".

So in other words if he doesn't have any setbacks he might be back in time. Still better than him having an assortment of tweetie birds flying around his head and not knowing what the playoffs are. Everything Gillis says this time of year, however, I take with a grain of salt. For all we know this could just be misinformation.

Gillis speaks a dialect of lawyerese - you need to carefully parse his words

gocanucks676 03-30-2012 01:40 AM

Awesome news about Daniel. There is nothing worse than seeing the words "no timetable for his return."

On the other hand we are 4-0 without Daniel...:naughty:

Does anyone know what has been ailing Bieksa?

Wetcoaster 03-30-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocanucks676 (Post 46970507)
Awesome news about Daniel. There is nothing worse than seeing the words "no timetable for his return."

On the other hand we are 4-0 without Daniel...:naughty:

Does anyone know what has been ailing Bieksa?

Except Gillis said in effect "no timetable for his return."

Confirmation bias - people hear what they want to hear.

Bieksa is suffering from an injured maintenance apparently.

David71 03-30-2012 02:17 AM

good news that dank will be back for round 1. he'll probably be rusty coming of pcs. but other than that the first line should be firing on all cylinders.

flack 03-30-2012 02:22 AM

You know I always find it weird other players are not allowed to talk about injuries and that they have been instructed specifically to do so. Are the players faking the injury...? Or is this to protect the players from the media?

It always seem weird to me that Salo who claimed to have (also claimed to be diagnosed with) a concussion returned in just a week and seems perfectly fine .

OgoBoHo 03-30-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David71 (Post 46971401)
good news that dank will be back for round 1. he'll probably be rusty coming of pcs. but other than that the first line should be firing on all cylinders.

Once again, not what MG said. MG hasn't set a firm date to when Daniel is back, he's just being optimistic and hoping Daniel is back around the first round. He's guaranteed nothing.

Royal Canuck 03-30-2012 02:36 AM

Hopefully AV rests the key guys (Sedin, Kesler, Edler, Burr) for a bit here so they're ready to go for the playoffs.

vanuck 03-30-2012 02:37 AM

Now let's hope that Hank gets a good rest too...

Wilch 03-30-2012 04:28 AM

They should get Daniel to wear Henrik's jersey and sit Hank out for the last game or two. Give Dank a conditioning stint ;)

Mr. Canucklehead 03-30-2012 12:47 PM

A few reminders, everyone:

Quote:

1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists. Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth.
Quote:

2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.
If you find someone's position to be disagreeable, voice your disagreement in a polite and civil way or do not reply at all.

Guardian452 03-30-2012 02:52 PM

TSN is listing Bieksa as being out of the lineup again tonight.

Mr. Canucklehead 03-30-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian452 (Post 46989175)
TSN is listing Bieksa as being out of the lineup again tonight.

Expected to miss today and tomorrow. Good on the team, IMO, let him rest up for the playoffs.

YogiCanucks 03-30-2012 02:57 PM

I wonder what's ailing him. 3 games off is not just "rest to be fresh".

struckmatch 03-30-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YogiCanucks (Post 46989403)

They're also stated that if the Playoffs started today - he'd be in the lineup. So if that's the case, I don't see it as a major concern and the wise move is to let him rest it up while the games mean much less.

NFITO 03-30-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YogiCanucks (Post 46989403)

it's called "preventative maintenance" ... maintain your assets before they break down, so breakdowns don't occur... most organizations runs at a 80/20 split, where only 20% of their maintenance workload is based on preventative measures (ie. what AV has been doing with Salo this season), while 80% is based on emergency repair (what we've had to deal with Daniel recently on)... the key is to get to that preventative maintenance regular so your emergency repairs don't come up. You'll never eliminate emergency repairs, but the goal is to manage it to flip those numbers around - 80% preventative work, which doesn't cost you as much $$ (or in this case, wins), and 20% repair work, which will always happen, as things do breakdown :)

Sorry, having been a consultant in this industry for a while, it just seemed so appropriate here :D

Uhmkay 03-30-2012 03:30 PM

Glad to hear that Gillis is guaranteeing that Daniel will be back before the playoffs. :sarcasm: