HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hank for Vezina and/or Hart (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1149099)

bathgate 03-30-2012 07:36 AM

Hank for Vezina and/or Hart

If the Rangers win the President's trophy, by no means a slam dunk at the moment nor a guarantee of playoff success, is Hank in consideration for one or both trophies. In my opinion, Hank should win the Vezina over Eliot although Quick should merit consideration
The more fascinating question to me is the Hart. Although Malkin has been incredible, Hank has carried us most of the season. If we win the President's trophy I say he should win both. Thoughts?

Giacomin 03-30-2012 07:43 AM

I would have to agree with you. Unforunately it seems like Malkin will win the Hart but Hank should win the Vezina. I like Callahan to win the Conn Smythe:)

truebluegoalie 03-30-2012 07:58 AM

I think even with the recent "dip" in his numbers Hank still wins the Vezina regardless of where the Rangers or Kings finish. The reason being that when it comes to Vezina voting it isn't always about the numbers it is about name recognition. He has been a runner up enough times that with no other major name (Brodeur) to rob him of it this year he should get it even if Quick or Elliot end up with better numbers. I'd also add that Lundqvist is the only goalie who shows up in the top 5 in EVERY important goalie category, 3rd in Wins, GAA, SV% and SO. Quick isn't there in wins, although I would argue this shouldn't be held against him, since it is more of a team stat, but he is also behind Lundqvist in GAA, SV% and Wins.

As far as the Hart goes, as much as I don't like him I can't see it going to anyone besides Malkin, he was just a beast for a couple of months, put that team on his back, and brought them to within striking distance of the Rangers. Hopefully Lundy will at least get some recognition and finish as a runner-up.

Cally for Conn Smythe? Sounds good to me, as long as it isn't the Hextall, Guigere Conn Smythe.

Mio41 03-30-2012 08:30 AM

Hank should grab the Vezina...now what happens if Flyers pass Pens, does that make Malkin less worthy of the Hart?

Miamipuck 03-30-2012 08:33 AM

Give Hank the Vezina. Malkin deserves the Hart, he has been awesome, can't take anything away from him. He has been in beast mode pretty much the entire season. I don't think Hank not winning that particular award is a knock against him. Sometimes a player is too good not to give them a specific award. I feel that is the case with Malkin.

bogans 03-30-2012 08:34 AM

Henke should and will win the Vezina, he is the best goaltender i nthe league and the late season push from Rinne, Quick and the St. Louis tandem will come up short primarily because these awards are somewhat of a career achievement. Henke is the guy out of all the options that has been there, doing it the right way and getting nominated many times before. Only to lose to older, more veteran guys who needed to "get theirs" like Fatso across the Hudson. This is Henke's first win, what writer would not vote for a guy in his situation.

More important is who will win the Conn Smythe? I'm gonna call Henke for more hardware on this as well...

ChipAyten 03-30-2012 08:37 AM

Hank has the Vezina. Whenever a player gets air time on sportscenter they have the Hart locked up, Malkin.

nyr2k2 03-30-2012 08:43 AM

Barring some enormous collapse these final few games, I think Henke has the Vezina sewn up. Even with a huge collapse, it's still probably his.

I Am Chariot 03-30-2012 09:00 AM

It's my understanding the Blues tandem isnt going to be able to claim superiority over Lundqvist. So today that just leaves Quick and Lundqvist at the top.

Of the top goaltenders

Henke
Halak
Elliot
Quick
MAF
Schneider

Only The King places in top 3 of every goalie stat. Another shutout of two would be a nice finish though. I'm sure the team is aware.

Bleed Blue 24 7 03-30-2012 09:18 AM

callahan for the sekle too

truebluegoalie 03-30-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogans (Post 46976745)
This is Henke's first win, what writer would not vote for a guy in his situation.

I believe the GMs vote for Vezina, which I think would actually help his case.

Dorado* 03-30-2012 10:18 AM

On pure stats the Eliot / Halak tandem gets it .
Lower GAA / more SO and lower save %

chip chipperson* 03-30-2012 10:36 AM

i hate malkin but he should get the hart. and hank should win the vezina. i'd much rather see him win a conn smyth. individual awards really don't mean much unless were talking about the conn smyth.

I Am Chariot 03-30-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorado (Post 46980197)

It's not a tandem trophy, nor a team trophy. Putting yourself out there for a full season counts. Elliot hasn't even played 40 games.

I Am Chariot 03-30-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Snouch (Post 46980933)
i hate malkin but he should get the hart. and hank should win the vezina. i'd much rather see him win a conn smyth. individual awards really don't mean much unless were talking about the conn smyth.

I agree... I bet the players as a whole agree as well. But Henke has been nominated a few times, it would be a nice thing to look back on. Would also shut up the King haters.

Drewbackatu* 03-30-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathgate (Post 46975511)
If the Rangers win the President's trophy, by no means a slam dunk at the moment nor a guarantee of playoff success, is Hank in consideration for one or both trophies. In my opinion, Hank should win the Vezina over Eliot although Quick should merit consideration
The more fascinating question to me is the Hart. Although Malkin has been incredible, Hank has carried us most of the season. If we win the President's trophy I say he should win both. Thoughts?

He'll get the Vezina in a close vote over Rinne and Quickie; forget about the Hart because he has no chance in ****!

Dorado* 03-30-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Chariot (Post 46981037)
It's not a tandem trophy, nor a team trophy. Putting yourself out there for a full season counts. Elliot hasn't even played 40 games.

Tell that to Giacomon and Villameure . They won it as a tandem . Unless Criterion changes . In less games Eliot has more SO then Henke

truebluegoalie 03-30-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorado (Post 46981731)
Tell that to Giacomon and Villameure . They won it as a tandem . Unless Criterion changes . In less games Eliot has more SO then Henke

The criteria was different when they won it:

In 1946, the NHL Governors changed the criteria for winning to the team with the fewest goals scored against it during the season. The goalie playing the most games for the team was awarded the Trophy.[3] The conditions were later amended to be given to goaltenders having played 25 games.

It was changed back to an individual award in 1980.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vezina_Trophy

Also games played isn't taken into consideration as much as it should be. Look at Thomas last year, only played in 57 games whereas Lundqvist played in 68.

ImIdaho 03-30-2012 11:08 AM

If Elliot wins, I hope he gets traded to Columbus.

we want cup 03-30-2012 11:20 AM

First off, if the Kings miss the playoffs Quick has no chance. No goalie has won the Vezina without making the playoffs in more than 20 years, I'm pretty sure. I think Elliott's lack of starts will prevent him from winning.

Malkin has the Hart in the bag. If not for this recent dip, I think Henke would have a shot, but no chance anymore.

nyr2k2 03-30-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorado (Post 46980197)

It's an individual award now.

JayQueensNY88* 03-30-2012 11:25 AM

Yes too both!

Bird Law 03-30-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 46982839)
It's an individual award now.

For over 30 years now.

AdamBanks99 03-30-2012 11:30 AM

vezina voting should go:
1. lundqvist
2. quick
3. elliott

hart:
1. malkin
2. stamkos
3. lundqvist

Killem Dafoe 03-30-2012 12:58 PM

Hank for Vezina for sure. Malkin will win the Hart but Hank might get a nod of recognition for it.