HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Enough about Big E, what about Little E? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1149127)

1865 03-30-2012 08:17 AM

Enough about Big E, what about Little E?
 
Eric Wellwood has been fantastic since we brought him up, surely he's not going back down?!

RyK15* 03-30-2012 08:43 AM

He fast.....He really really fast......He so fast, he make fast people seem..not fast.

AaronTrieu 03-30-2012 08:54 AM

speed has its place. remember Gerbe on buffalo last year in the playoffs? That kid was a menace.

thelos 03-30-2012 08:54 AM

That line last night was crazy crazy fast

Protest 03-30-2012 09:12 AM

I actually thought CSN was trying out their own Fox puck tracker cause all I can see is an orange blur behind the puck.

BringBackStevens 03-30-2012 09:53 AM

Between read, Wellwood, and voracek this team has some ridiculous speed in the bottom 6

sa cyred 03-30-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackStevens (Post 46979185)
Between read, Wellwood, and voracek this team has some ridiculous speed in the bottom 6

That line has been doing some solid work even before last night's game.

Amateur Hour 03-30-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1865 (Post 46976349)
Eric Wellwood has been fantastic since we brought him up, surely he's not going back down?!

No way. Lavy loves him, and the kid has earned the right to stay in the lineup.

Juicy Couturier* 03-30-2012 10:15 AM

It's funny how not Kyle he is.

Brostradamus 03-30-2012 10:23 AM

The thing that really stood out to me in last nights game was that none of the 7 goals were scored by the top line. Briere's line with 4, Read's with 3. That needs to continue if the Flyers are to be successful in the postseason. Hartnell-G-Jagr has been money for most of the season but those guys are going to targeted obviously and the rookies are going to need to step up and get some of those big goals. Hopefully Briere can continue to gel with Simmonds and Schenn and maybe pop in a few himself.

sa cyred 03-30-2012 10:27 AM

I know it's Wellwood's thread, but an interesting tidbit. Matt Read's 23 goals is the most from a rookie since Carter. Thats pretty good if you think about it.

Codith 03-30-2012 10:31 AM

Wellwood deserves a spot, killing penalties, burning past people, and he is smart with the puck, give him a spot.

Damaged Goods 03-30-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1865 (Post 46976349)
Eric Wellwood has been fantastic since we brought him up, surely he's not going back down?!

No. The question is whether or not he dresses over Rinaldo in a given game/playoff series after JVR gets back. I think Wellwood would have to be the 12th forward and Rinaldo the 13th.

Top Cheese Danish 03-30-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couter (Post 46980051)
It's funny how not Kyle he is.

It's honestly hilarious that they're related.

Little E = Sonic the Hedgehog on ice.

DrHamburg 03-30-2012 12:40 PM

he has to stay up....no way rinaldo takes his spot...

thelos 03-30-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 46980583)
I know it's Wellwood's thread, but an interesting tidbit. Matt Read's 23 goals is the most from a rookie since Carter. Thats pretty good if you think about it.

Carter had 23 also, so if Read gets 1 more he'll pass him. Pretty cool

MsWoof 03-30-2012 12:42 PM

People like to rip on Kyle but the guy is very crafty. He used to be overweight years ago and people won't let go. As for Eric, who gets bumped when JvR gets back?

Tim Tebow 03-30-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 46986287)
People like to rip on Kyle but the guy is very crafty. He used to be overweight years ago and people won't let go.

Crafty is slang for lazy and afraid to work hard. 3 seasons he had 0 PIMs, 2 seasons he had 4 PIMs, not because he is smart but because he is literally so lazy he is almost immune to taking penalties. (Gravy: His PIM's include diving)

Not to mention when his own coach fell out of his chair laughing at a, "Wellwood looked like a man possessed," comment it didn't help.



Kyle's ripping was earned and went beyond him just being fat.

Edit: Fun stat, Eric has 13 hits this season in 19 games. Kyle has 9 hits in 75.

Hockeypete49 03-30-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Tebow (Post 46987365)
Crafty is slang for lazy and afraid to work hard. 3 seasons he had 0 PIMs, 2 seasons he had 4 PIMs, not because he is smart but because he is literally so lazy he is almost immune to taking penalties. (Gravy: His PIM's include diving)

Not to mention when his own coach fell out of his chair laughing at a, "Wellwood looked like a man possessed," comment it didn't help.



Kyle's ripping was earned and went beyond him just being fat.

Edit: Fun stat, Eric has 13 hits this season in 19 games. Kyle has 9 hits in 75.

Jesus H. Is that to funny or what? Say what he might. He is still on a NHL roster.

BobbyClarkeFan16 03-30-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 46986287)
People like to rip on Kyle but the guy is very crafty. He used to be overweight years ago and people won't let go. As for Eric, who gets bumped when JvR gets back?

Well, the nice thing is that the Flyers don't have to rush JVR back with the way Wellwood is playing. I don't know, something about the kid just makes me think he's going to be a real good forward with this club. He can score, he can skate, he can play D. He seems so much like a clone of Sami Kapanen. I'd like to see what Wellwood could do in a top six spot.......

Amateur Hour 03-30-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 (Post 46996873)
Well, the nice thing is that the Flyers don't have to rush JVR back with the way Wellwood is playing. I don't know, something about the kid just makes me think he's going to be a real good forward with this club. He can score, he can skate, he can play D. He seems so much like a clone of Sami Kapanen. I'd like to see what Wellwood could do in a top six spot.......

I'm with you 100% here. We've got ourselves a sneaky good player and a legit top-9 forward in Eric Wellwood (I too would be interested to see what he could do with a spot in the top-6). Hell, I already like him more than JVR.

sobrien 03-30-2012 05:01 PM

Never really though I'd see someone make Matt Read look slow, but Wellwood really does :amazed:

Spongolium* 03-30-2012 05:17 PM

It's funny, I remember lots of posters proclaiming that our prospect pool was the worst in the NHL.

Gustaffson, Read, Manning, Bourdon, Marshall, Wellwood, Rinaldo, Z

All got good looks in the NHL this year.

captainpaxil 03-30-2012 05:34 PM

hartnell g jagr
jvr schenn brier
wellwood read voracek
talbot cooter simmonds

timonen coburn
carle kubina
grossmann meszaros

its a real hard call on bourdon gustavson or rinaldo depends on the situation. but i think thats a team that can attack the puck 60 minutes for 7 games. and if they can do that the goalie just has to bail them out a lil bit. between rotating the top pair with the 4th line we can get defensive matchups home or away and theres plenty of talent there for the counter rush. top playoof performers in the past make for a big distraction from our top line and you let the depth and speed decide the series.

RoDu 03-30-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 46997767)
It's funny, I remember lots of posters proclaiming that our prospect pool was the worst in the NHL.

Gustaffson, Read, Manning, Bourdon, Marshall, Wellwood, Rinaldo, Z

All got good looks in the NHL this year.

replace Marshall with Manning


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.