HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Injury Report: Jesse Winchester hopeful to play this weekend (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1149163)

source 03-30-2012 10:31 AM

Jesse Winchester hopeful to play this weekend

Quote:

C Jesse Winchester is fully recovered from his concussion and hopes to play on the weekend against either the Flyers or Islanders. Winchester has been out since he was hit by then-Sabre Paul Gaustad on Dec. 20.
-TSN IceChips

Winchester hasn't played since before Christmas, but will provide a huge boost to our 4th line going forward into the playoffs. I'm glad he'll finally be suiting up again for us this weekend.

source 03-30-2012 10:35 AM

With Winchester back, I would do the lines like this:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Turris-Alfredsson
Condra/Klinkhammer/Daugavins-Smith-Condra/Klinkhammer/Daugavins
Winchester-O'Brien-Neil

White Goodman 03-30-2012 10:40 AM

Exactly what this team needs. :laugh:

Smash88 03-30-2012 10:44 AM

So who comes out? Got to be Klink I figure... I would have said Daugavins last week, but after his last game, kind of hard to take him out now...

PatrickEaves 03-30-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg (Post 46978663)

Dude, the guy is our best faceoff taker that can actually get the puck out of our own end.

If he's healthy and able to play as well as he did before the concussion, the guy will ensure Zenon never sees the ice during the playoffs.

source 03-30-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smash88 (Post 46978825)
So who comes out? Got to be Klink I figure... I would have said Daugavins last week, but after his last game, kind of hard to take him out now...

Yeah he's the front-runner I'd say, 'cause he doesn't have the PK ability of the other two.

source 03-30-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg (Post 46978663)

CanadianHockey 03-30-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrePetersson (Post 46978893)
Dude, the guy is our best faceoff taker that can actually get the puck out of our own end.

If he's healthy and able to play as well as he did before the concussion, the guy will ensure Zenon never sees the ice during the playoffs.

Pretty much.
I love Winnie because he brings the same level of energy to the ice as Neil, minus a lot of the fighting. Dude's just a badass in the corners and will throw his weight around.

Senacus Maximus 03-30-2012 10:54 AM

I completely forgot about him. No word of lie.

D0C 03-30-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianHockey (Post 46979035)
Pretty much.
I love Winnie because he brings the same level of energy to the ice as Neil, minus a lot of the fighting. Dude's just a badass in the corners and will through his weight around.

Agreed.

The guy's a gym rat and is a beast on the boards. Hope he can get back into game form.

White Goodman 03-30-2012 11:01 AM

Well then, trade Spezza.

Indy on the Road 03-30-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg (Post 46979529)
Well then, trade Spezza.

We have to wait for the off-season, duh.

Icelevel 03-30-2012 11:04 AM

:yo:

BonkTastic 03-30-2012 11:18 AM

I'm actually surprised he's healthy enough to come back. Thought he was done for the season for sure.

A welcome addition, though!

Sensfanman 03-30-2012 11:19 AM

Winchester is great for the kind of team Maclean's turned the Sens into. He's fabulous on the walls and in corners and is very good at getting possession and keeping it. I don't know who you replace for him because both Klink and K-daug have had streaks of great play. Regardless, more healthy bodies for the playoffs is great and giving him a few games down the stretch to prepare is fine by me.

Caeldan 03-30-2012 11:21 AM

So Konopka and Klink get to finally be healthy scratches at the same time?

Welcome back Winnie!
Too bad Regin's not going to have a shot to close out the season. Wonder if we can re-sign him, and give him an injury rehab stint in Bingo for a while before bringing him back up next year... give him time to get sorted down there and that way can keep pressure on the newer guys who do make the team to keep playing.

CanadianHockey 03-30-2012 11:23 AM

I'd also like to add that bringing Winnie back into the lineup is bringing in a pair of fresh legs eager to prove himself. That kind of attitude permeates through the lineup (see Jim O'Brien's impact on the team when he was first called up)

God Says No 03-30-2012 11:24 AM

going to help our pk.

klinkhammer has been underwhelming really. i'm assuming he's not waiver exempt.

Ed Wood 03-30-2012 11:35 AM

Winchester will be playing for next years job. I hope he succeeds. We've got tons of bottom six forwards in the mix next year but Winnie plays a very complete game. Great penalty killer, great on the boards, has some toughness and is equally effective in all three forward positions. If only he had a little more finish.

newtron 03-30-2012 11:38 AM

Bringing Winchester back in to the lineup, instantly makes our bottom 6 better. Not a scorer, but will put the puck in the net here and there, and does just about everything else really well.

I'd put him in the lineup over and of these guys: K-Daug, Klink, Konopka, O'Brien, and Condra.

Sensfanman 03-30-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God Says No (Post 46980461)
going to help our pk.

klinkhammer has been underwhelming really. i'm assuming he's not waiver exempt.

I think Klink has played a pretty solid game. He's good at making room on the wing and has pretty good awareness with the puck. I think O'Brien should sit, for a guy who's supposed to be a two-way checking center he sure does miss a lot of coverage on the back check.

Caeldan 03-30-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensfanman (Post 46981063)
I think Klink has played a pretty solid game. He's good at making room on the wing and has pretty good awareness with the puck. I think O'Brien should sit, for a guy who's supposed to be a two-way checking center he sure does miss a lot of coverage on the back check.

Only thing is, whenever I catch a game... seems like Klink is catching a bad penalty. O'Brien's been largely invisible - but both in a good and bad way in the games I've seen.

God Says No 03-30-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caeldan (Post 46981339)
Only thing is, whenever I catch a game... seems like Klink is catching a bad penalty. O'Brien's been largely invisible - but both in a good and bad way in the games I've seen.

yeah, i'd rather have klink sitting. i think o'brien brings a little bit more than klink. even if it is a very small amount.

Sensfanman 03-30-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caeldan (Post 46981339)

Quote:

Originally Posted by God Says No (Post 46981577)
yeah, i'd rather have klink sitting. i think o'brien brings a little bit more than klink. even if it is a very small amount.

Actually, Klinkhammer draws more penalties than he takes (so far, small sample mind you). He also has one of the higher Relative Corsi's on the team while O'Brien is near the bottom. He's also very efficient at gaining the zone, ending more shifts in the offensive zone than he starts while, other than Da Costa, O'Brien has been one of the worst at losing the zone.

I dunno, O'Brien has been meh, Klink has at least been noticeable in a positive way. At least in the games I've seen.

Neil Patrick Harris 03-30-2012 12:04 PM

Very glad to have Winnie back. Great on the dot and great in the corners. And a fresh pair of legs.