HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Jason Allison (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=114920)

Sticks & Pucks 11-23-2004 09:00 AM

Jason Allison

Anyone hear anything regarding his health. Last we heard he and his agent visited the Carolina Hurricanes, but refused to do a physical. Anyone hear anything since?

Reaper45 11-23-2004 09:54 PM

The man is done.

mazmin 11-23-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
The man is done.

Are you sure?

I think this time off could help. I don't think he was ever as bad as Lindros and he wasn't misdiagnosed like Eric.

With a new oversized Tony Granato concussion helmet he should have a few more years in him.

kingsfan25 11-23-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sticks & Pucks
Anyone hear anything regarding his health. Last we heard he and his agent visited the Carolina Hurricanes, but refused to do a physical. Anyone hear anything since?

As with Deadmarsh, I don't suspect that we'll hear much until the lockout has ended. They're both likely waiting to see whether or not their symptoms clear.

BuppY 11-23-2004 11:17 PM

They have suffered some serious injuries and hopefully can come back were 2 great players!! :shakehead

kingsfan25 11-23-2004 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazmin
Are you sure?

I think this time off could help. I don't think he was ever as bad as Lindros and he wasn't misdiagnosed like Eric.

That's incorrect. Jason was misdiagnosed by a number of doctors. His condition was initially thought to be post-concussion syndrome and then was changed to something called post-migraine something or other resulting from whiplash complications. The whole situation was always somewhat hazy.

I still don't believe that they are entirely sure of what the problem is.

bland 11-23-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazmin
Are you sure?

With a new oversized Tony Granato concussion helmet he should have a few more years in him.

Allison isn't likely to return any time soon, and his situation was worse than Lindros' concussion(s). His exact injury has been a mystery, as the diagnosis of post-concussion syndrome and/or whiplash weren't ever officially confirmed. There was a large minority faction of Kings' fans that actually believed he was overstating his injury in order to be free from Andy Murray, which is a bunch of bull****.

Allison may be an absolutely unbearable a-hole (not to my personal knowledge, but repeatedly referred to as by those who claim to "be in the know"), but that has never stopped a pro athelete from finding work. If he was willing to take (and fail) a physical with Carolina, that should pretty much eliminate all doubt of the severity of his condition. Personally, I loved the guy as a King, and have always held out hope for his return to Los Angeles, but it just isn't going to happen. His war of words with Murray in the local papers pretty much sealed his fate even if he was healthy.

Malakian#13 11-24-2004 01:33 AM

We can all thank Andy Sutten for starting his downword spiral.:)

I.am.ca 11-24-2004 04:02 AM

I think Allison is glad with this lockout he can work out alot more now that he is better and able to.

I hope his agent comes to Pittsburgh and hopefully he passes his phsyical and mental testing and signs a incentive heavy contract (like amount of games played...). We don't have Straka anymore and well i think we could use Allison incase Mario gets injured we still have a pretty solid centreman available.

Anyways...i can hope.

Lionel Hutz 11-27-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I.am.ca
I think Allison is glad with this lockout he can work out alot more now that he is better and able to.

I hope his agent comes to Pittsburgh and hopefully he passes his phsyical and mental testing and signs a incentive heavy contract (like amount of games played...). We don't have Straka anymore and well i think we could use Allison incase Mario gets injured we still have a pretty solid centreman available.

Anyways...i can hope.

I don't think so, he's a great player if healthy, but I don't thin the Pens need to A) invest any money on a risk like this; and B) have him potentially take away ice time from young guys for a time, and then potentially go down when needed.

I suppose if it was really next to nothing for base pay, but still, I don't see it being really beneficial.

Besides, I think he's done.

GKJ 11-27-2004 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan25
As with Deadmarsh, I don't suspect that we'll hear much until the lockout has ended. They're both likely waiting to see whether or not their symptoms clear.

Deadmarsh is skating now. He is an UFA but I think if he does end up anywhere it will be in LA, I beleive he lives there now but I could be wrong. I know he is skating, something he has tried to do many times.

Jaysfanatic* 11-27-2004 11:14 AM

Allison will be a New Jersey Devil for 3 mill a season, plus bonuses.

Classic Devil 11-27-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic

No.

Signing Allison = :dunce:

Besides, where do we put him in the roster? We've already got two lines worth of extra forwards.

Reaper45 11-27-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Good luck with that one.

Jaysfanatic* 11-27-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
No.

Signing Allison = :dunce:

Besides, where do we put him in the roster? We've already got two lines worth of extra forwards.

We get rid of all those jackasses, and get a stud pivot like Allison...that, and I wasn't being serious.

Strong Island 11-27-2004 09:38 PM

Quote:

We get rid of all those jackasses, and get a stud pivot like Allison...that, and I wasn't being serious.

Yes you were.

Sign Deadmarsh too to make the concussion line (Deadmarsh-Allison-Kozlov) :shakehead

10 ft. pole 11-27-2004 10:42 PM

Adam sold his house in Manhatten Beach and is back home in Trail british Columbia.

mazmin 11-27-2004 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole
Adam sold his house in Manhatten Beach and is back home in Trail british Columbia.

Maybe he'll sign with the Nucks! :lol:

Jaysfanatic* 11-27-2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole

How dare he call that home. Turncoat :mad: