HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   When Dion Jumped Brayden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1149847)

BillyD 03-30-2012 10:49 PM

When Dion Jumped Brayden

I know nobody listens to Greg Brady anymore, but I tuned in briefly this morning as I was driving to work and heard him discuss this crazy theory.

He said reliable sources have told him that the Leafs have dressing room problems and Brady thinks this is the reason for the collapse. I know this has been discussed on here before.

Brady thinks the root cause of it all is a feud between Dion Phaneuf and Luke Schenn. The crazy part is he said it was obvious that this feud was the reason Phaneuf jumped Brayden Schenn last night!

Brady then said it was time Leafs fans 'connected the dots' and that he is certain Phaneuf and Schenn won't be on the same team next year.

What do you guys think?

From afar, it seems Ron Wilson and Schenn didnt get along. Phaneuf was probably loyal to Wilson as the coach made him captain. Its rumoured Aulie was traded because of a rift with Phaneuf. Schenn and Aulie are the same age and from Sakatchewan, seems natural they'd be buds.

This might seem like a soap opera. But it might also be an important riddle that needs to be solved before the Leafs can figure out how they turn the ship around. It would almost be encouraging if a solvable dressing room feud was what caused the collapse.

Here is the link where Brady makes the allegations. I know its hard to listen to the guy for longer than 10 mins, fortunately he pretty much starts into it at the beginning and gets more into it for about 10 mins. Then I had to turn him off.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/brady...am-hour%29.mp3

Mogwai 03-30-2012 10:50 PM

Weren't there reports a while ago of a rift between a young player and dion? Was that Aulie or was it Schenn?

/fuel2fire

jmart21 03-30-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 47020729)
I know nobody listens to Greg Brady anymore, but I tuned in briefly this morning as I was driving to work and heard him discuss this crazy theory.

He said reliable sources have told him that the Leafs have dressing room problems and Brady thinks this is the reason for the collapse. I know this has been discussed on here before.

Brady thinks the root cause of it all is a feud between Dion Phaneuf and Luke Schenn. The crazy part is he said it was obvious that this feud was the reason Phaneuf jumped Brayden Schenn last night!

Brady then said it was time Leafs fans 'connected the dots' and that he is certain Phaneuf and Schenn won't be on the same team next year.

What do you guys think?

From afar, it seems Ron Wilson and Schenn didnt get along. Phaneuf was probably loyal to Wilson as the coach made him captain. Its rumoured Aulie was traded because of a rift with Phaneuf. Schenn and Aulie are the same age and from Sakatchewan, seems natural they'd be buds.

This might seem like a soap opera. But it might also be an important riddle that needs to be solved before the Leafs can figure out how they turn the ship around. It would almost be encouraging if a solvable dressing room feud was what caused the collapse.

Here is the clip where Brady makes the allegations. I know its hard to listen to the guy for longer than 10 mins, fortunately he pretty much starts into it at the beginning and gets more into it for about 10 mins. Then I had to turn him off.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/brady...am-hour%29.mp3

Well, it's settled.

Grasshopperking 03-30-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogwai (Post 47020811)
Weren't there reports a while ago of a rift between a young player and dion? Was that Aulie or was it Schenn?

/fuel2fire

Great username!

I'd like there to be an actual reason for the collapse, but I doubt this has much merit to it. Maybe a sapling of truth, but I'd hate to think that these grown up millionaires are that catty, ya know?

SexyJoffreyLupul 03-30-2012 10:54 PM

so dion must hate ashton because hes such good friends with schenn, and thats why we traded for him....because we're gonna trade phaneuf? what?

Thrillingbroom 03-30-2012 10:56 PM

http://www.adamrb.com/wp-content/upl...010/07/mat.png

JMcLeaf 03-30-2012 10:58 PM

This is why we should only draft players from Ontario. Western Canadian boys are clearly nothing but trouble.

:sarcasm:

Baba Ganoush 03-30-2012 11:01 PM

if that did happen, and Phaneuf and Schenn weren't on the same team next season, i hope Schenn is the one who remains a Leaf.

and yes....i know the chances of Phaneuf being traded this offseason are 0%.

Phaneuf has only gotten worse since his first few seasons in Calgary, while Schenn will continue to grow. it's funny how most fans agree the Leafs lack grit more than anything...yet Schenn (the guy who leads the league in hits) is usually the first name thrown out in our trade proposal threads.

Jerkini 03-30-2012 11:02 PM

What feud could Dion Phaneuf and Luke Schenn possibly have? Seriously. The Toronto media is so ridiculous sometimes.

YearsintheWilderness 03-30-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerkini (Post 47021405)
What feud could Dion Phaneuf and Luke Schenn possibly have? Seriously. The Toronto media is so ridiculous sometimes.

What could any two people in the workplace have a feud about?

Oh, about a couple thousand possible things...

:laugh:

Baba Ganoush 03-30-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

i totally agree the TO media is ridiculous (pretty much ALL the time...not just sometimes)...but realistically, any Leaf player could have a feud with any Leaf player. who knows.

weems 03-30-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Maybe Dion was ripping on Schenn because he's been so awful this season?

NaiveLeafsFan 03-30-2012 11:09 PM

Not every player is going to get along on a team.

MarcWagz 03-30-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weems (Post 47021633)
Maybe Dion was ripping on Schenn because he's been so awful this season?

then schenn should have ripped him right back
he's supposed to be the captain

NiL8r87 03-30-2012 11:11 PM

Yes I'm sure Dion is such a gigantic *****ing pr*** that after feuding with Luke his first instinct was to jump his younger brother like he's some high school thug.

Brady is dumb for his asinine story.

Gberg 03-30-2012 11:11 PM

I'm pretty sure you could even hear Phaneuf telling Brayden "what the ******* are you doing", then looking at the scoreboard and looking back at him. He obviously saw some showboating in the late stages of a blowout that pissed him off.

Greg Brady is an idiot, no one should have to suffer and listen to his rants.

Wendelstache 03-30-2012 11:11 PM

that was pretty lame of phaneuf.
he poosed out on Hartnell, then try to rough up a 20 year old kid, then look like a total bish when simmonds talked him down.

he should go join the sedins sisters, what a disgrace to the uniform.

CellarDweller0 03-30-2012 11:12 PM

Wasn't Komi overheard telling a young player to "Get on the same page" in one of the closed door meetings earlier this year?

Run705 03-30-2012 11:13 PM

Phanuef had problems in Calgary did he not?

Erza Scarlet 03-30-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendelstache (Post 47021827)
that was pretty lame of phaneuf.
he poosed out on Hartnell, then try to rough up a 20 year old kid, then look like a total bish when simmonds talked him down.

he should go join the sedins sisters, what a disgrace to the uniform.

both players declined ***.

Suntouchable13 03-30-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezle (Post 47021931)
both players declined ***.

Then Hartnell declined Brown's invite.

theguru 03-30-2012 11:17 PM

i also listened to this on the radio and couldn't believe what a ***** talker this guy is.
while watching the altercation on tv i could see dion mouth to schenn something like "what are you doing idiot, look at the scoreboard," as he was digging for a semi-loose puck near the leafs goaltender with the game already out of hand.
any veteran d-man would say something similar to a young kid playing super hard in a blow-out.

diceman934 03-30-2012 11:18 PM

It is funny, when people dislike the story they attack the person who reports it....

There are issues in the dressing room....as I said a long while ago. Funny how there are two different stories in the media today.

There will be more trust me.

Dayjobdave 03-30-2012 11:18 PM

Greg Brady is an idiot.

I think if you believe what he is spewing, reimer is not the only member of leaf nation with a head injury.

Dions beef with brayden was 100 percent about crashing the net with a call up goalie in with the score where it was

Good for dion.

Luke has no issue

Leaf Lander 03-30-2012 11:27 PM

they should trade dion because they would get more for him and imo he can be replaced