HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   GDT: 3/31/12 - Los Angeles @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CDT - FSN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1149915)

GopherState 03-31-2012 12:58 AM

3/31/12 - Los Angeles @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CDT - FSN

Wait, today's game in Saint Paul so we're not goin' back to Cali. No matter, if I gotta choose the coast, I gotta choose the East. I lived out there so don't go there.

So guess that means we're going with Plan B...The Prospect Game!

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...0,186,276_.jpg

Without further adieu...hit the music Johnny!

Lets be honest, this sounds like a cheesy 70s Game Show theme song.

Now as you all know, my Wild prospect man-crush Casey Wellman was traded to New York a while back and since then I've been trying to find a new one. In the spirit of the end of a season which people want to forget or see their team lose, help me choose my next prospect man-crush.

Prospect #1:

http://i.imgur.com/GrvBL.png

Prospect #1 is a guy who like Casey Wellman came in and has been embraced and beloved by everyone in only one NHL game. Seriously, he could run for mayor at this point. However, just because he's loved by everyone doesn't mean that bandwagon has its pitfalls - the hot start can always fizzle out as I've learned with Casey. And another mod may have already called dibs.

He is...Jason Zucker.

Prospect #2

http://yle.fi/ecepic/neon3/archive/0...___406372b.jpg

Prospect #2 has a bit of a goofy personality, one that can shows creativity, but plays a mature game above his years. Sometimes flashy, he's not afraid to try and fail...which can come in handy on this team. He's also the FBJ which means he's one bad mother****er.

He is....Mikael Granlund.

Prospect #3

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2257/3...e4e8595f_z.jpg

Prospect #3 is a mystery. Maybe he's a forward. Maybe he's a defenseman with a heart of gold. No one knows except for this man. It is assumed that he will play a major role in Minnesota's future and as no one knows in what way, getting on the bandwagon before everyone else would make me a trendsetter. Or weird.

He is...the 2012 1st Round Pick.

Oh and I guess since Minnesota is playing Los Angeles I should take a look at the Kings prospects. Bernier? Goalies aren't really my style. Forbort? Like hell I'm cheering for a Sioux.

Wild prospects it is.

LINES
Los Angeles Kings
Brad Richards..no wait that's Richardson - Anze Kopitar - Dustin "Bag" Brown
Dwight King (who?) - Mike Richardson..no wait that's Richards - Justin Williams
Pancake Penner - Jarret Stoll - Trevor "Traded For Pavol Demitra" Lewis
West Coast - No Names - 4th Liners

Rob Scuderi - Drew Doughty
Former Minnesota Wild D Willie Mitchell - "Terhaar Will Butcher" Slaya Voynov
Alec Martinez - Matt Greene

Jonathan Quick
Jonathan Bernier
Jonathan Not Appearing In This Game

Minnesota Wild
New Gaborik - Koivu #2 - Old Turtleneck Heatley
Not Zucker - Not Zucker - Jason Zucker
Darrol Powe! - Brodz!ak - Nick Johnson Has No Sound In His Name
AHL - Depression - Setting In

Marco Scandella - Elk River Native Nate Prosser
Healthy Defenseman #1 - BNTG
Justin Falk - Healthy Defenseman #2

Niklas "NHL 13" Backstrom
Josh "Never Been Traded" Harding
Mini Nordy

Yeah these are probably wrong

What says you gentle reader? Prospect #1? Prospect #2? Prospect #3? Or maybe some other guy like Mario Lucia, Brett Bulmer, Kyle Rau's brother or Zack Phillips?

Fel 96 03-31-2012 12:59 AM

Nice!

Avder 03-31-2012 01:14 AM

I loled. I think Gopher's finally lost it!

Minnesota 03-31-2012 01:22 AM

Mini Nordy?

http://images.footballfanatics.com/F...8_xl.jpg&w=400

GopherState 03-31-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 47026009)
I loled. I think Gopher's finally lost it!

I think you say that every time I start a GDT that's not to make sure the board has one.

Fel 96 03-31-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota (Post 47026143)

Ugh, do not want.

Avder 03-31-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota (Post 47026143)

Ahhhh kill it!! Kill it!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...itwithfire.jpg

Avder 03-31-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 47026213)
I think you say that every time I start a GDT that's not to make sure the board has one.

Really? Huh. Must be because they're funny then.

GopherState 03-31-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 47026463)
Really? Huh. Must be because they're funny then.

I like having fun with them although after coming up with this one, I remember why they got shorter and shorter - it's easy to get burnt out from creating almost every GDT.

Avder 03-31-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 47026621)
I like having fun with them although after coming up with this one, I remember why they got shorter and shorter - it's easy to get burnt out from creating almost every GDT.

Yeah I'm burnt out for a while too. The good news is I've had Sunday's GDT ready for literally weeks but somehow I know as soon as I open the file to begin getting it ready for posting tomorrow I'm gonna wanna make changes or something.

Minnesota 03-31-2012 01:56 AM

Nobody wants a Nordy pillow pet?

I saw them at Target on clearance the other day. :naughty:

GopherState 03-31-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 47026699)
Yeah I'm burnt out for a while too. The good news is I've had Sunday's GDT ready for literally weeks but somehow I know as soon as I open the file to begin getting it ready for posting tomorrow I'm gonna wanna make changes or something.

Well I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota (Post 47026789)
Nobody wants a Nordy pillow pet?

I saw them at Target on clearance the other day. :naughty:

No.....nononono......no.

Minnesota 03-31-2012 02:27 AM

Based on everyone's reactions...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9...ncaptureom.png

Avder 03-31-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 47026899)
Well I'm looking forward to it.

Well it's... different. Some of my laziest work.

Avder 03-31-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 47026699)

Yeah I called it, opened the thing up and fiddled with it for an hour and now I'm still awake at 7am :facepalm:

firstroundbust 03-31-2012 09:39 AM

and that's just fine.

Avder 03-31-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstroundbust (Post 47031563)
and that's just fine.

Except I'm still awake at 10:30.

Dampland 03-31-2012 10:25 AM

Nice GDT, but I must complain. Using Biggie instead of LL Cool J for the Going back to Cali? Big party foul.

Also, you might as well face facts. Next year at this time, you will be so in love with Brett Bulmer, you won't be able to contain it. So just be ready! in no time you will be saying "Casey who?"

Northland Wild Man 03-31-2012 10:34 AM

Nice GDT :handclap:

Dampland 03-31-2012 10:41 AM

Am I the only one who now has a huge fear that the Wild are going to win out, and we end up drafting 10th? :shakehead

I'm seriously scared that once again we are going to draft middle of the pack, and stay stagnant again! :cry::rant:

GO TANK WILD !

Avder 03-31-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dampland (Post 47033283)
Am I the only one who now has a huge fear that the Wild are going to win out, and we end up drafting 10th? :shakehead

I'm seriously scared that once again we are going to draft middle of the pack, and stay stagnant again! :cry::rant:

GO TANK WILD !

Nope. You are not the only person worried about that.

Wasted Talent 03-31-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dampland (Post 47033283)

GO TANK WILD !

Hearing Koivu was coming back got me worried and I still fear we might win a few too many games.

Avder 03-31-2012 11:12 AM

I did some math last night and I think if we win won more game and edmonton loses lone more game we might get locked out of the 2nd pick. As it is we need a win and overtime loss by them, as well as a win from Montreal. Plus I think were even right now in ROW with Edmonton, so another win tonight would be disastrous for the tank.

squidz* 03-31-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 47034197)
I did some math last night and I think if we win won more game and edmonton loses lone more game we might get locked out of the 2nd pick. As it is we need a win and overtime loss by them, as well as a win from Montreal. Plus I think were even right now in ROW with Edmonton, so another win tonight would be disastrous for the tank.

Edmonton is at 71 points with 4 games remaining for a max of 79. We are at 74 points with 5 games remaining for minimum of 74 max of 84. Currently 84 points is the 10th overall pick, and would possibly stay that way (although Winnipeg could top that, making it 9th).

Two or fewer remaining wins would all but guarantee us a lottery pick.

Edit to clarify on Edmonton: One Wild win + One Edmonton loss puts us at 76 points and their max at 77 points. Edmonton currently holds the ROW tie breaker by 2, and would probably stay that way in any scenario where we end up tied.

Minnesota 03-31-2012 01:53 PM

Drafting 10th would suck...

Too low to draft an impact forward OR defenseman that we've all been drooling over.