HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PGT: Tank on Habs lose 3-2 in SO (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1150499)

donghabs98 03-31-2012 09:56 PM

Tank on Habs lose 3-2 in SO
 
we got a 1 point

Habsfan18 03-31-2012 09:57 PM

****ing loser point. :shakehead

Nashy 03-31-2012 09:57 PM

Not too good at tanking.....and even worse at shootouts.

Hate the useless 1 point.

InTheWrist 03-31-2012 09:57 PM

lousy point

Gustave 03-31-2012 09:58 PM

Could've been worse.

le_sean 03-31-2012 09:58 PM

I know they won, but the Caps are an awful team. Complete disarray, there doesn't seem to be a game plan and there certainly isn't any desperation. They don't deserve to make the playoffs and will get ousted pretty quickly if they do.

Madam Kadri 03-31-2012 09:58 PM

Ovechkin looks like he didn't give a damn this game...even in the SO. Talk about being a great captain. :sarcasm:

Muminek 03-31-2012 09:58 PM

Where was the effort yesterday gentleman?

Crimson Skorpion 03-31-2012 09:58 PM

At least the Leafs won.

habscup 03-31-2012 09:58 PM

Markov looked dominant at times tonight, especially in overtime where he stripped the washington player from the puck, made a couple turns nd then rifled a pass to desharnais for a semi breakaway. Wow!

Marc the Habs Fan 03-31-2012 09:58 PM

Considering Toronto and Tampa Bay won, I am OK with this result. That could have EASILY been a win. Hopefully the Wild can at least get a point, ditto for the Ducks.

Magic number to ''eliminate'' the Leafs is 2 points.

Good game to watch, good effort by the team. Markov was great I thought.

But man, we need a shootout specialist soooo bad. I am almost tempted to sign Wojtek Wolski or someone like that just for the skills competition.

Aceekay 03-31-2012 10:00 PM

Why do we keep putting pacioretty in the shoot out?

Even he admitted he wasn't good in the shoot out, I just don't get it.

sheed36 03-31-2012 10:00 PM

Yet another useless loser point.. :shakehead

Marc the Habs Fan 03-31-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 47069153)
I know they won, but the Caps are an awful team. Complete disarray, there doesn't seem to be a game plan and there certainly isn't any desperation. They don't deserve to make the playoffs and will get ousted pretty quickly if they do.

Honestly, in the 1st, it looked like they were going to win 7-0. The 2008-2010 Capitals would have gotten the 3rd goal, the Habs would have likely gone quietly into the night and it would have been ugly. Instead, they did not get the killer goal and let us right back in it by sitting back.

They have ruined that team with this bizarre transformation to being a defensive team.

Shaby23 03-31-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 47069225)
Considering Toronto and Tampa Bay won, I am OK with this result. That could have EASILY been a win. Hopefully the Wild can at least get a point, ditto for the Ducks.

Magic number to ''eliminate'' the Leafs is 2 points.

Good game to watch, good effort by the team. Markov was great I thought.

But man, we need a shootout specialist soooo bad. I am almost tempted to sign Wojtek Wolski or someone like that just for the skills competition.

Where is Pierre Dagenais when we need him?

:sarcasm:

SB164 03-31-2012 10:00 PM

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/c32/d81...ver-ae0bf8.jpg

charlie 03-31-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blame it on PK (Post 47069179)
Ovechkin looks like he didn't give a damn this game...even in the SO. Talk about being a great captain. :sarcasm:

And we want to draft another russian.............no thanks

Captain Smurf 03-31-2012 10:01 PM

**** this team for being bad, but not bad enough to lose in regulation. Eh, Laffs won, so it looks good for clinching last in the east. Out west though...

sheed36 03-31-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 47069225)
Considering Toronto and Tampa Bay won, I am OK with this result. That could have EASILY been a win. Hopefully the Wild can at least get a point, ditto for the Ducks.

Magic number to ''eliminate'' the Leafs is 2 points.

Good game to watch, good effort by the team. Markov was great I thought.

But man, we need a shootout specialist soooo bad. I am almost tempted to sign Wojtek Wolski or someone like that just for the skills competition.


So the Leafs hold the tiebreaker if both the Habs/Leafs tie in points to end the season?

Watsatheo 03-31-2012 10:01 PM

Plekanec hits 50pts, Pacioretty hits 60pts. Cole and Desharnais still have legitimate shots at getting 60pts.

MarkovsKnee 03-31-2012 10:02 PM

Habs get one point but Toronto got 2 points, so they move 4 pts. up, albeit we have a game in hand. Love Patches work on the Cole goal. Plekanec's goal, I wished we saw more of that this year.

Andy 03-31-2012 10:02 PM

So was signing Markov still a mistake? He looked great out there.

le_sean 03-31-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 47069337)
Honestly, in the 1st, it looked like they were going to win 7-0.

They have ruined that team with this bizarre transformation to being a defensive team.

It was a mixed message when Boudreau made them go all out, they were dominant and then because of some playoff losses, he does a 180 and completely changed his philosophy. A coaching philosophy shouldn't change that drastically.

If they want to change into a defensive team, they need different personnel.

Marc the Habs Fan 03-31-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheed36 (Post 47069443)
So the Leafs hold the tiebreaker if both the Habs/Leafs tie in points to end the season?

Yes, they have already clinched the ROW tie-breaker.


Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee (Post 47069497)
Habs get one point but Toronto got 2 points, so they move 4 pts. up, albeit we have a game in hand.

No, both have 3 games left.

wedge 03-31-2012 10:03 PM

4 points behind toronto with 3 games to play. They lose so much that I still don't feel safe. Same thing with Minnesota who now only have one more point than us.

Still, with this lost, a top-5 pick seems like a sure thing, now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.