HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I'm gonna say it, I love this team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1151163)

1865 04-01-2012 03:24 PM

I'm gonna say it, I love this team
 
Yeh, my other thread might be pointing out a weakness but it's a legitimate point. The other one is that they are never beat. We were 6-0 down on Jersey and nearly tied it for cryin' out loud. We're a team full of heart, talent and speed who don't cheat, don't cry and stand their ground. Even our fourth line can score.

If a team could be characterised by one man, with us it's Harts. Rough, tough and entertaining as hell. What a turn-around, but that's the Flyers all over.

Bring on the play-offs, we fear no-one.

DrinkFightFlyers 04-01-2012 03:27 PM

Reminds me of the 2008 Phillies. Hopefully the end result is the same...

El Dandy* 04-01-2012 03:36 PM

This team has enough jam to make a run for the cup.

Kershaw 04-01-2012 03:37 PM

Destroy Pittsburgh Philly. The entire Atlantic division is probably cheering for you. :)

Top Cheese Danish 04-01-2012 03:38 PM

Hartnell is what the Philadelphia Flyers are all about. Homer better lock him up.

Thank you Homer for those trades last offseason. This team rules.

Spongolium* 04-01-2012 03:40 PM

Last time the flyers won this many games in March they marched themselves to the finals. It's happened 4 times in flyers history. The other two, the flyers won the cup.

sobrien 04-01-2012 04:04 PM

It's def a love/hate relationship...hated to start the season because of high scoring but terrible defense and goaltending, now it's love.

AaronTrieu 04-01-2012 04:22 PM

I love the comeback kids mentality. I would not be surprised for them to fall in a 0-2 hole in a playoff series, then win the next 4. Teams should start letting us score first. Scoring first isn't really working well for other teams.

BringBackStevens 04-01-2012 04:27 PM

Future looks bright if holmgren can find a way to hold them together and smartly improve the defense

Alchemy 04-01-2012 04:30 PM

I love the grit by the younger guys.

ONTHEFLYGUY 04-01-2012 04:31 PM

i luv this team too but id luv them even more if they could get healthy

chimrichalds18 04-01-2012 04:31 PM

I was at the game yesterday, and I hadn't noticed this before -- when it gets to the shootout, they all stand up on the bench and lock arms around each other's shoulders. I'm not saying no other team does that, but I haven't seen that.

Really seems like a tight bunch of guys. That's always good to see.

Sawdalite 04-01-2012 04:57 PM

I love that this team is close but not cliquey, and are either maturing together or are mentoring those maturing... I love how they having fun and their not being condescending with the Media nor the fans... I love that Danny and Kimo can tactfully help a player fit into the team and City and that player will playfully adhere to that advice without feeling insulted... I love how they have faith in each other and cheer on their teammates and honestly feel for them when in slumps... I love how they are able to move up and down the lines and D-pairings without ego and do not seem to want to advance due to teammates poor play, but rather want to see a rival for their spot do well... I love how they welcome players stepping up from the Phantoms without fear that they will take their jobs and then comfort them when they are sent down... I love how Homer corrected their weaknesses without tearing up the team at the Trade DeadLine and had faith in the players they had... I love the depth they have in the Organization and that they can patch holes caused by injuries with call-ups... I love how they can lose Core players and step up and not lose a beat... I love how they they can shrug off a humiliating loss and bounce back... and I really love that they are NEVER, EVER, out of any game, no matter the score and time left.

Yes... I do love this team.


That said; I have loved the Flyers since 1967... although the reasons may have changed from year to year and sometimes that love was due to the Flying 'P' on their sweaters. ;)

TheLegendkiller 04-01-2012 05:05 PM

Could you imagine if Pronger was healthy? If only...

Claude28Giroux 04-01-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller (Post 47118577)
Could you imagine if Pronger was healthy? If only...

I he was and Bryz was playing new Bryz like not old Bryz we would be favorites. But sadly Prongs will probably never be healthy again. So let's do it with what we got. :nod:

Snipsnap12 04-01-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 (Post 47116311)
I was at the game yesterday, and I hadn't noticed this before -- when it gets to the shootout, they all stand up on the bench and lock arms around each other's shoulders. I'm not saying no other team does that, but I haven't seen that.

Really seems like a tight bunch of guys. That's always good to see.

A lot of hockey fans said that we took a step back this year in our goal for the cup, and in talent, but as homer kept saying we are a different team. The first thing that jumps out at me is how fast these guys came together, and it could quite possibly be the tightest knit group we have had in a long time, and you can see it every game.


I couldnt be happier with the two major trades that took place this summer, and at this point I wouldnt trade simmonds and voracek for carter and richards straight up, let alone adding Cooter, and Schenn... Call me crazy but these guys are a real nice addition to the team.

shipwreck 04-01-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 (Post 47123545)

I couldnt be happier with the two major trades that took place this summer, and at this point I wouldnt trade simmonds and voracek for carter and richards straight up, let alone adding Cooter, and Schenn... Call me crazy but these guys are a real nice addition to the team.

I agree with ya :yo:

TheKingPin 04-01-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 (Post 47123545)
A lot of hockey fans said that we took a step back this year in our goal for the cup, and in talent, but as homer kept saying we are a different team. The first thing that jumps out at me is how fast these guys came together, and it could quite possibly be the tightest knit group we have had in a long time, and you can see it every game.


I couldnt be happier with the two major trades that took place this summer, and at this point I wouldnt trade simmonds and voracek for carter and richards straight up, let alone adding Cooter, and Schenn... Call me crazy but these guys are a real nice addition to the team.

No one will call you crazy. I'm excited for these playoffs. Thanks to bryz turning it around we are the team to beat. Won't be easy with likey the pens bruins then rangers but that's not THAT bad either.

funghoul 04-01-2012 07:36 PM

Holmgren's a genius. also Xfinity Live looks insane. I think i'm gonna get down there just to watch a playoff game or two. They got tables with taps and credit card swipers. Thats insane. No payin some jerk off. Pour it yourself.

FreshPerspective 04-01-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 (Post 47123545)
A lot of hockey fans said that we took a step back this year in our goal for the cup, and in talent, but as homer kept saying we are a different team. The first thing that jumps out at me is how fast these guys came together, and it could quite possibly be the tightest knit group we have had in a long time, and you can see it every game.


I couldnt be happier with the two major trades that took place this summer, and at this point I wouldnt trade simmonds and voracek for carter and richards straight up, let alone adding Cooter, and Schenn... Call me crazy but these guys are a real nice addition to the team.

Yup..go figure. This team has proven wrong all those who thought we would be "torn to shreds" by teams like Pitt with their superstars b/c we wouldn't have Carter and Richards to defend against them.

So much for that theory....amazing what Couts was able to do today to Malkin.

This team has exponentially more character than when those two were on the team...it's not even comparable.

BTW this team is reminding me of the 86-87 Flyers...very tight knit group. Also the fact we got Cousins and Grossmann out of the deals is also amazing..

BernieParent 04-01-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 (Post 47116311)
I was at the game yesterday, and I hadn't noticed this before -- when it gets to the shootout, they all stand up on the bench and lock arms around each other's shoulders. I'm not saying no other team does that, but I haven't seen that.

Really seems like a tight bunch of guys. That's always good to see.

They should stop. It's not working. Unless they do it in front of Bob.

Phunhog 04-01-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 (Post 47123545)

I couldnt be happier with the two major trades that took place this summer, and at this point I wouldnt trade simmonds and voracek for carter and richards straight up, let alone adding Cooter, and Schenn... Call me crazy but these guys are a real nice addition to the team.

In the end, it was two letters that said it all WG. Those damn commercials revealed that our captain had the personality of a bowling ball. I feel real good for Wayne Simmonds, he stepped up to the plate big time. Love this team!

Brostradamus 04-01-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funghoul (Post 47129963)
Holmgren's a genius. also Xfinity Live looks insane. I think i'm gonna get down there just to watch a playoff game or two. They got tables with taps and credit card swipers. Thats insane. No payin some jerk off. Pour it yourself.

That's just winning on so many levels. Can't wait to go down there for a few playoff games this year.

whskybarJM 04-02-2012 07:39 AM

alright I think IM going to say it.... hartnell has convinced me this will be a monster playoff run


Larry44 04-02-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdalite (Post 47117973)
I love that this team is close but not cliquey, and are either maturing together or are mentoring those maturing... I love how they having fun and their not being condescending with the Media nor the fans... I love that Danny and Kimo can tactfully help a player fit into the team and City and that player will playfully adhere to that advice without feeling insulted... I love how they have faith in each other and cheer on their teammates and honestly feel for them when in slumps... I love how they are able to move up and down the lines and D-pairings without ego and do not seem to want to advance due to teammates poor play, but rather want to see a rival for their spot do well... I love how they welcome players stepping up from the Phantoms without fear that they will take their jobs and then comfort them when they are sent down... I love how Homer corrected their weaknesses without tearing up the team at the Trade DeadLine and had faith in the players they had... I love the depth they have in the Organization and that they can patch holes caused by injuries with call-ups... I love how they can lose Core players and step up and not lose a beat... I love how they they can shrug off a humiliating loss and bounce back... and I really love that they are NEVER, EVER, out of any game, no matter the score and time left.

Yes... I do love this team.


That said; I have loved the Flyers since 1967... although the reasons may have changed from year to year and sometimes that love was due to the Flying 'P' on their sweaters. ;)

Great post! I would add... I love that we've got two solid goalies heading into the playoffs, and depth on D and three scorign lines... and I love how the coach pushes the right buttons almost all the time... and I love how we can put 7 rookies on the ice and beat the best teams in the league.

The future is very bright and the present is a lot of fun to watch...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.