HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Show Yourself - Pictures, Video, and Gear Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1152799)

Royal Canuck 03-29-2012 07:51 PM

Show Yourself - Pictures, Video, and Gear Thread
 
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...7_563501_n.jpg

here's me last year, age 15. Now I'm a player, 4 inches taller and 13 pounds heavier.

Canadian Chris 03-29-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Crossbar (Post 46947847)
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...7_563501_n.jpg

here's me last year, age 15. Now I'm a player, 4 inches taller and 13 pounds heavier.

aaaaand gonna get lit up May 12th :p (if you're coming out with the rest of us!! haha) I wonder if I've got any pics....

Dustin Peener 03-30-2012 05:25 AM

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...62376028_n.jpg

I've since had a new helmet, just plain white again but with a senior cat-eye cage.

And here's a picture of me as a linesman in the British 2nd tier (semi-pro) league, restraining a rather mean looking man :laugh:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...81593114_n.jpg

Maccas 03-30-2012 03:59 PM

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1152795
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 Problems (Post 46973995)
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...62376028_n.jpg

I've since had a new helmet, just plain white again but with a senior cat-eye cage.

And here's a picture of me as a linesman in the British 2nd tier (semi-pro) league, restraining a rather mean looking man :laugh:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...81593114_n.jpg

Who is it you are separating? The Bracknell player is Spearing I believe, I don't recognise the other though!

Dustin Peener 03-30-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maccas (Post 46994771)
Who is it you are separating? The Bracknell player is Spearing I believe, I don't recognise the other though!

Nicky Watt, from Swindon. You are correct the Bracknell player is Spearing.

Maccas 03-30-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 Problems (Post 46995067)
Nicky Watt, from Swindon. You are correct the Bracknell player is Spearing.

Gah how could I not recognise Watt! :shakehead
I suppose guys always look different when their helmets are off!

Dustin Peener 03-30-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maccas (Post 46995123)
Gah how could I not recognise Watt! :shakehead
I suppose guys always look different when their helmets are off!

What's your team?

Maccas 03-30-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 Problems (Post 46995499)
What's your team?

I am a Phantoms fan, which has led to a fair bit of frustration over the last season! :laugh:
I take it you are a Bison fan? (seeing as you play for the Buffalo)

Dustin Peener 03-30-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maccas (Post 46996855)
I am a Phantoms fan, which has led to a fair bit of frustration over the last season! :laugh:
I take it you are a Bison fan? (seeing as you play for the Buffalo)

I play for the Buffalo but I'm from Swindon, I can't really support anyone since I'm a linesman. But before I was doing EPL I never really cared for Swindon anyway, I went to games because I got in for free while I was a junior there but never really got emotionally attached to the team. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch them now, even at student price. I'm more a fan of the sport as a whole in this country, as a I get to see a lot of players while travelling the country as an official.

You should join the discussion in the ice hockey in Great Britain thread in the Western Europe section

iamjs 03-31-2012 04:43 PM

no pics of me. Might try to get one tonight.

My setup:
helmet: Rbk 8k, Penguins WC blue
shoulders: old school CCMs from the mid 90s
gloves: Easton...mid 90s, all leather, all black, held together by about 4 threads and dried up sweat.
shells: Penguins pro stock (Gonchar)
skates: Easton EQ30
visor: itech windshield (currently removed, scratched beyond use)
stick: Easton Stealth, Pro Stock Letang

greyraven8 04-01-2012 01:19 PM

From March 2012:
Wearing
jofa 390 helmet
tackla pants
eagle H34 gloves
old Koho elbow pads
either Cooperall shoulder or CCM Vector 06 shoulder
either old CCM shin pads or Jofa JDP

only "newer" items are Graf G-Force stick and CCM pro V+ skates

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/50...200x200Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/48...200x200Q85.jpg

Annual ball hockey game last summer - wearing Sabres jersey

http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/49...425x425Q85.jpg

In goal 2008
http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/48...425x425Q85.jpg

AIREAYE 04-01-2012 01:33 PM

That bottom jersey is ridiculous!

Wilch 04-01-2012 01:54 PM

Medieval plate mail jersey!?

rinkrat22 04-01-2012 02:40 PM

Attachment 54501

Attachment 54503

just a couple

greyraven8 04-01-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilch (Post 47104177)
Medieval plate mail jersey!?

Samurai jersey made by RNS - they made other odd jerseys: Tuxedo, Sumo Wrestler, etc.

Don't have it anymore - sold it locally

Maccas 04-01-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 Problems (Post 46997129)
I play for the Buffalo but I'm from Swindon, I can't really support anyone since I'm a linesman. But before I was doing EPL I never really cared for Swindon anyway, I went to games because I got in for free while I was a junior there but never really got emotionally attached to the team. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch them now, even at student price. I'm more a fan of the sport as a whole in this country, as a I get to see a lot of players while travelling the country as an official.

You should join the discussion in the ice hockey in Great Britain thread in the Western Europe section

Ahhh thats fair enough, though I still think that some of the officials over here still have alliegiances!
Ahhh I shall take a looky!

As for my contribution:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...0_285985_n.jpg

Dustin Peener 04-01-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maccas (Post 47120789)
Ahhh thats fair enough, though I still think that some of the officials over here still have alliegiances!
Ahhh I shall take a looky!

As for my contribution:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...0_285985_n.jpg

Ha, as much as fans like to think that, it isn't true, honest :sarcasm:

Now may not be the best time to enter, as we have a distraught Bracknell fan in there right now who is upset about missing the playoffs :laugh:

Maccas 04-01-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 Problems (Post 47121083)
Ha, as much as fans like to think that, it isn't true, honest :sarcasm:

Now may not be the best time to enter, as we have a distraught Bracknell fan in there right now who is upset about missing the playoffs :laugh:

haha yeah just spotted him, I'll be tactful I promise! :laugh:

Jarick 04-02-2012 09:50 AM

Nobody ever seems to take pictures of me, so here's the most recent one I could find. I have no idea what I'm going in this photo. Skating backwards and lunging forwards? Every picture of me always looks like I'm standing still.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...Hockey/JL9.jpg

Here's my gear:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...-02-15_737.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ockey20121.jpg

Maupin Fan 04-02-2012 08:43 PM

Lot of bend in those ankles...

AIREAYE 04-02-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 (Post 47185005)
Lot of bend in those ankles...

This isn't PHEW bud.

Maupin Fan 04-02-2012 09:03 PM

Hey bud, I don't know what PHEW is, bud, but his ankles, bud, are clearly bending inward, bud.

izzy3 04-03-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 47153231)
Nobody ever seems to take pictures of me

lol same here, I have one where I sit on the ice, after a collision. That's the only icehockey pic I have. :D

Jarick 04-03-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 (Post 47186323)
Hey bud, I don't know what PHEW is, bud, but his ankles, bud, are clearly bending inward, bud.

Like I said, no clue what I'm doing in that photo. Nobody seems to take pictures of me actually skating forwards or backwards, just when I'm either transitioning or standing still.

Here's the other three pics people took of me in the last five years, all standing still:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ckey/JL9-2.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ckey/JL9-3.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...y/Mariucci.jpg

From six years ago, when I first started up again:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...y/IMG_2635.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...y/IMG_2649.jpg

ChiTownHawks 04-03-2012 10:27 AM

Here's a few of me playing:

Skating 1:
http://i.imgur.com/3NS8t.jpg
Skating 2:
http://i.imgur.com/s5nRh.jpg
Shooting:
http://i.imgur.com/ebfKp.jpg
Putting the body on a guy in front of the net:
http://i.imgur.com/qXv6l.jpg

Hey Jarick, any way we can make this it's own new thread starting with the posts from this year, as opposed to a bumped thread from like 5 years ago? That way people wont need to go to the last page to see the current stuff. No big if not just wondering.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.