HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OT: Canes Board Lounge VI: Tennessee needs a hug (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1153117)

DaveG 04-03-2012 05:04 PM

Canes Board Lounge VI: Tennessee needs a hug

continue

Quacktastic 04-03-2012 05:09 PM

Well now I am mad because I was trying to actually have a 1000 get on the other thread and then post a "u jelly?" response to Anton H Christ.

Anton H Christ 04-03-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacktastic (Post 47227403)
Well now I am mad because I was trying to actually have a 1000 get on the other thread and then post a "u jelly?" response to Anton H Christ.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfzpn92VKC1qafrh6.jpg

DaveG 04-03-2012 05:14 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1296494117

Carolinas Identity 04-03-2012 06:19 PM

http://assets.scumbagsteve.com/hashe...you-ec2124.jpg

Blueline Bomber 04-03-2012 07:37 PM

I can't link the picture (NSFW), but for the ultimate "U mad" picture, google "So you're mad about something on the internet"

Carolinas Identity 04-03-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber (Post 47240673)
I can't link the picture (NSFW), but for the ultimate "U mad" picture, google "So you're mad about something on the internet"

the Flow Chart? Ya that's pretty funny :)

Finlandia WOAT 04-03-2012 08:09 PM

Wrong thread.

HisIceness 04-03-2012 10:10 PM

http://files.sharenator.com/They_see...128685-535.jpg

Aussie Hurricane 04-04-2012 08:31 PM

Sorry for being late on the article. Wasn't able to access internet for a while. Work can be a ***** sometimes.

SCanedinavian 04-05-2012 08:24 AM

Today I bought myself a Fulham season ticket for next season as a birthday present. Life is good. Apart from the hockey season being nearly over.

HisIceness 04-05-2012 07:23 PM

Perfect thread title.

Anton H Christ 04-06-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCanedinavian (Post 47328815)
Today I bought myself a Fulham season ticket for next season as a birthday present. Life is good. Apart from the hockey season being nearly over.

how much is a game over there, like if i were to walk up to the box how much would i pay to see a premier league game?

SCanedinavian 04-06-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton H Christ (Post 47409037)
how much is a game over there, like if i were to walk up to the box how much would i pay to see a premier league game?

At Fulham the prices vary from around 25-30 pounds to 50 pounds, depending on the team they're playing and the seats, but Fulham generally have some of the fairest prices in the league, and especially among the London teams. Booked tickets for the last home game of the season yesterday and they cost me 50 quid. Cup games and Europa League (when Fulham were in it) are normally cheaper, and can be had for under 20 quid.

If you're ever over and wanna catch a Fulham game, I can try and sort you out with tickets, always happy to help people experience the awesome, if slightly subdued due to the open corners, atmosphere of Craven Cottage :)

DaveG 04-06-2012 06:41 AM

Interesting that Europa League would be cheaper then a regular tilt. Those would be the games I'd be most interested in seeing as is most of the time. Though I'd imagine that wouldn't hold true for a Champions League game in terms of the price. :laugh:

SCanedinavian 04-06-2012 11:01 AM

Its a truth with moderations tbh, the early stages are normally cheaper, but as far as I know the prices don't go higher than the league games even after the group stage. Think part of it might be that they aren't allowed to serve alcohol for the Europa League games, and have to convince the general English public to go anyways. Definitively wouldn't hold true for champions league, nah. Most of those clubs have overpriced tickets for normal games.

DaveG 04-07-2012 07:20 PM

Single greatest concept I've had in the past month (or maybe ever):

Poutine au Caroline

Poutine with Pulled Pork BBQ. Dear god, I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about the awesomeness.

Carolinas Identity 04-07-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 47502773)

Poutine au Caroline

Poutine with Pulled Pork BBQ. Dear god, I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about the awesomeness.

If that doesn't already exist you should get on it. srsly :)

LadyCane 04-07-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Poutine au Caroline

Do it. Do it do it do it. :yo:

DaveG 04-08-2012 08:48 AM

Will be doing it this monday at the Tyler's in Apex, I know the bartender and most of the cook staff there so they'll make it for me to try out. So be on the lookout for reports of a guy in his early 30s suffering from a heart attack in Apex.

On another note, I know it's 2 games and all, but damn I like how the Pirates staff is looking so far.

Bedard had a great first outing, should be a major inning eater if he can stay healthy and will give the Bucos a chance to win more often then not.
Karstens yesterday looked like he did last year, it's a good thing.
McDonald's been decent the past couple years, good #4 guy.
Correia won't kill the team as a #5, and I honestly still think Lincoln could be a good pitcher here eventually, whether he's used mostly in the pen or as the #5.

And let's not forget that they have a couple guys that should be top half of the rotation pretty easily in Burnett and Morton that are on the DL right now. Both of them look like they should be back in the thick of things soon.

Yep, I still believe in >.500 ball in Pittsburgh.

Boom Boom Anton 04-08-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Poutine au Caroline

Went to the Alabama Shakes concert at the Cat's Cradle with some friends Friday night. They wanted to grab a quick bite to eat so we walked down the street to a place (I think it was called Milltown). Great selection of beers, but was surprised to see Poutine on the menu. They had never had it before so they decided to give it a try. Was actually pretty good, but alas, my cholesterol level doesn't allow me to partake in more than a bite or two.

They are now Poutine fans.

PaulProteus 04-08-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Poutine au Caroline

This sounds fantastic, and I see no reason it does not catch on.

Chicago Made Punk 04-08-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 47549413)
On another note, I know it's 2 games and all, but damn I like how the Pirates staff is looking so far.

Bedard had a great first outing, should be a major inning eater if he can stay healthy and will give the Bucos a chance to win more often then not.
Karstens yesterday looked like he did last year, it's a good thing.
McDonald's been decent the past couple years, good #4 guy.
Correia won't kill the team as a #5, and I honestly still think Lincoln could be a good pitcher here eventually, whether he's used mostly in the pen or as the #5.

And let's not forget that they have a couple guys that should be top half of the rotation pretty easily in Burnett and Morton that are on the DL right now. Both of them look like they should be back in the thick of things soon.

Yep, I still believe in >.500 ball in Pittsburgh.

Karstens looked very good yesterday, and Bedard was awesome on opening day. I'm willing to let the lack of offense slide given that we faced Halladay and Lee and still came out of it 1-1, but I'd like to see a good bit more against Worley today. I really like the additions of Barajas and Barmes to the lineup. They add veteran stability and Barmes isn't Cedeno which is all I care about. We also really need Alvarez to wake up and start hitting like he can, he seems to be quickly becoming a big headcase.

DaveG 04-08-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter (Post 47552883)
Karstens looked very good yesterday, and Bedard was awesome on opening day. I'm willing to let the lack of offense slide given that we faced Halladay and Lee and still came out of it 1-1, but I'd like to see a good bit more against Worley today. I really like the additions of Barajas and Barmes to the lineup. They add veteran stability and Barmes isn't Cedeno which is all I care about. We also really need Alvarez to wake up and start hitting like he can, he seems to be quickly becoming a big headcase.

Yeah I'm not so sure that Alvarez wouldn't be better served with a year in AAA ball at this point to get his ego in check and his bat active again. But I'll wait and see how the bats are looking against a mid level staff before I make any kind of calls there. This series with Philly was always going to be more about not getting shelled out of the park by their bats with the pitching they have, and on that front it's so far so good.

Gotta Catch Em Staal 04-08-2012 12:02 PM

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-conten...RSENAL-FAN.gif