HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: 2013/14 Forward Lineup (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1153145)

EbonyRaptor 04-03-2012 05:39 PM

2013/14 Forward Lineup

With the players currently in the organization, what might the forward lineup look like going into the season after next (2013/14). Assume any players currently under contract can be traded away, and any free agent players currently under contract can be re-signed - but no new players may be used.

Sharp-Toews-Stalberg
Saad-Kane-Hossa
Kruger-Bolland-Shaw
Beach-McNeill-Morin

HockeySensible 04-03-2012 05:48 PM

Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Patrick Sharp - Marcus Kruger - Marian Hossa
Jeremy Morin - David Bolland - Kevin Hayes
Kyle Beach - Andrew Shaw - Phillipe Paradis

MTP 04-03-2012 05:54 PM

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Kane - Stalberg
Morin - Bolland - Hayes
Beach - Kruger - Danault

sketch22 04-03-2012 05:57 PM

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Jayes-Kruger-Stalberg
Shaw-Bolland-Hossa
Danault-Flick-Carcillo

DontToewzMeBro 04-03-2012 06:35 PM

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-McNeil-Hossa
Jayes-Bolland-Stalberg
Danault-Kruger-Carcillo

pvr 04-03-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 47228991)

I really hope our 2 and 4 centers are not those players.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-xxx-Hossa
Morin-Bolland-K. Hayes
Beach-xxx-Shaw

I believe McNeill will be our fourth line center, and Kruger will be moved for a short term second line center. Eventually McNeill slots into number two, and Danault goes into number three or four, with perhaps Bolland on the way out.

LandofLincoln 04-04-2012 12:05 AM

Saad--Toews--Kane
Sharp--McNeill--Hossa
Morin--Danault--J. Hayes
Beach--Flick--Shaw
Carcillo-Paradis

Bolland & Kruger out!

Bubba88 04-04-2012 05:17 AM

Beach - Toews - Sharp
Saad - Kane - Hossa
Kayes - Krüger - Jayes
Danault - Vet - Shaw

we don't even know the roster for next year...

Tone King 04-04-2012 11:52 AM

I would hate to see Bollie go. But it is a business and someone will most likely overpay him.

HockeySensible 04-04-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvr (Post 47232625)
I really hope our 2 and 4 centers are not those players.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-xxx-Hossa
Morin-Bolland-K. Hayes
Beach-xxx-Shaw

I believe McNeill will be our fourth line center, and Kruger will be moved for a short term second line center. Eventually McNeill slots into number two, and Danault goes into number three or four, with perhaps Bolland on the way out.

Kruger won't be moved. Whether he plays centre or wing, he's going to be a Hawks for a while.

Gootie 04-04-2012 01:13 PM

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bolland-Hossa
Vet LW-Kruger-Vet RW
Carcillo-Mayers-Shaw

Bubba88 04-04-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gootie (Post 47291681)
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bolland-Hossa
Vet LW-Kruger-Vet RW
Carcillo-Mayers-Shaw

you don't think Saad or Morin or Jayes or any other prospect will make our team in 2 years?

EbonyRaptor 04-04-2012 06:31 PM

OK ... it may be a bit premature, but I'm going to reveal the hidden agenda of this thread. I wanted to see how many fellow Hawks fans would include Stalberg in the 2013/14 lineup - which would mean that he will have been re-signed by the Hawks because his current contract runs through the 2012/13 season.

I didn't just simply ask the question "will Stalberg be on the team in 2013/14" because I didn't want your thought process to be "Stalberg focused". I was hoping responders would just go with whatever came to mind - if Stalberg was included in your lineup, that says you have come around to thinking he's part of the long range plans, if Stalberg wasn't in your lineup, then either consciously or sub-consciously you do not see him in the long range plans.

So far the tally is:
Stalberg = 5
No Stalberg = 4

So - about an even split, albeit a small sample. However, he's come a long way in the minds (and hearts) of many Hawk fans because I'd bet if this thread was posted last summer, the tally would be heavily on the "No Stalberg" side of the ledger.

RomersWorld 04-04-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gootie (Post 47291681)
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bolland-Hossa
Vet LW-Kruger-Vet RW
Carcillo-Mayers-Shaw

I sure hope a 39 year old Mayers isn't our 4th line center.

Gootie 04-04-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 47295021)
you don't think Saad or Morin or Jayes or any other prospect will make our team in 2 years?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomersWorld (Post 47306095)
I sure hope a 39 year old Mayers isn't our 4th line center.

Whoops, braincramp on my part. Thought this was about next year. In two years it will be

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Kruger-Hoss
Saad-Bolland-Hayes/Shaw
Carcillo/Shaw-Vet C-Beach/Shaw

I think Kruger will be playing like Filppula in a couple years. Just a hunch.

HockeySensible 04-04-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gootie (Post 47307063)
Whoops, braincramp on my part. Thought this was about next year. In two years it will be

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Kruger-Hoss
Saad-Bolland-Hayes/Shaw
Carcillo/Shaw-Vet C-Beach/Shaw

I think Kruger will be playing like Filppula in a couple years. Just a hunch.

I've been comparing Kruger to Filppula since he got to Chicago.. I agree with your assessment.

DontToewzMeBro 04-04-2012 07:07 PM

Sharp-Toews-Hayes
Makarov-Yakupov-Vorobiev
Saad-Bolland-Hossa
Shaw-Arnason-Krivokrasov

Sevanston 04-04-2012 07:07 PM

Sure, why not. This'll be a fun thread to dig up.

Saad - Toews - McNeill
Sharp - Kane - Hossa
Morin - Kruger - Stalberg
Paradis - Nordstrom - Danault

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Clendening
Olsen - Holl

Crawford
Mattsson

HockeySensible 04-04-2012 07:12 PM

*If we're doing a full line-up:

Joakim Nordstrom

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Olsen
Clendening - Johns
Dahlbeck

Crawford
Simpson

Kurtosis 04-04-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 47307911)
Sure, why not. This'll be a fun thread to dig up.

Saad - Toews - McNeill
Sharp - Kane - Hossa
Morin - Kruger - Stalberg
Paradis - Nordstrom - Danault

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Clendening
Olsen - Holl

Crawford
Mattsson

Why do you have McNeill on the wing? I don't envision him playing anywhere other than center...

Sevanston 04-04-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurtosis (Post 47308777)
Why do you have McNeill on the wing? I don't envision him playing anywhere other than center...

Mostly because I don't want to move Kane back to the wing. I really like the way Kane is developing as a pivot, and think by 2013-2014 he'll have locked that 2nd line spot down for good.

McNeill's played right wing in the past, and I really liked the idea of playing him together with Saad and Toews.

There's really nothing wrong with having McNeill in the middle, but this is all just useless speculation, so what the hell, right?

Kurtosis 04-04-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 47309965)
Mostly because I don't want to move Kane back to the wing. I really like the way Kane is developing as a pivot, and think by 2013-2014 he'll have locked that 2nd line spot down for good.

McNeill's played right wing in the past, and I really liked the idea of playing him together with Saad and Toews.

There's really nothing wrong with having McNeill in the middle, but this is all just useless speculation, so what the hell, right?

Yeah, I suppose you're right; fun useless speculation at that though.

Bubba88 04-05-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor (Post 47306039)
OK ... it may be a bit premature, but I'm going to reveal the hidden agenda of this thread. I wanted to see how many fellow Hawks fans would include Stalberg in the 2013/14 lineup - which would mean that he will have been re-signed by the Hawks because his current contract runs through the 2012/13 season.

I didn't just simply ask the question "will Stalberg be on the team in 2013/14" because I didn't want your thought process to be "Stalberg focused". I was hoping responders would just go with whatever came to mind - if Stalberg was included in your lineup, that says you have come around to thinking he's part of the long range plans, if Stalberg wasn't in your lineup, then either consciously or sub-consciously you do not see him in the long range plans.

So far the tally is:
Stalberg = 5
No Stalberg = 4

So - about an even split, albeit a small sample. However, he's come a long way in the minds (and hearts) of many Hawk fans because I'd bet if this thread was posted last summer, the tally would be heavily on the "No Stalberg" side of the ledger.

I looked at this too :laugh: