HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lundqvist's injury (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1153697)

Victory* 04-04-2012 12:22 AM

Lundqvist's injury
 
Anyone have any update on his status, or any idea when we'll get an update?

After the game he said his hand felt numb, could barely hold his stick in the 3rd, and told Marty to be ready in case he can't make it through. Not a good sign in my opinion.

How long are broken finger/hand injuries for goalies?

Net Front Presence 04-04-2012 12:26 AM

Why would they let him come back out for the third if he had a broken hand?

Victory* 04-04-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B1SHOP (Post 47271075)
Why would they let him come back out for the third if he had a broken hand?

I doubt he announced in the locker room that his hand is injured.

Kane One 04-04-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory (Post 47271217)
I doubt he announced in the locker room that his hand is injured.

I think someone would have noticed if he had trouble taking off his jersey.

AdamBanks99 04-04-2012 12:45 AM

he hurt his hand on the giroux diving save before the simmonds goal. he was icing it in the locker room and had it wrapped. it's probably just a bruise.

broadwayblue 04-04-2012 12:50 AM

Lundqvist made a number of those saves with a right arm he injured in the final seconds of the second period when he landed awkwardly lunging to stop a Claude Giroux shot from the left side, the rebound of which became the Flyers' second goal. After the game, Lundqvist said he suffered a "stinger" and had trouble gripping his stick in the third period. He had an ice bag taped to his right forearm.

"I was struggling all third period," said Lundqvist. "I told Martin (Biron) to be ready just in case I couldn't go. A couple of times I was like, 'I'm out of here. I can't really hold a stick.' It was tough in the third."

However, he persevered and completed the game to earn his career-best 39th victory.

"He was unbelievable," Rangers coach John Tortorella said of Lundqvist. "I'm glad Hank got a bunch of work. I think that's something we want Hank to have. That's the best I've seen him play in a few weeks here. … It was a good game for him. He just looked confident and it's the most confident I've seen him in a few weeks."

I say sit Hank vs. Pitt and then give him a final tune-up vs. the Caps on Saturday. He'll likely then have 4 days to rest before game 1 next Thursday.

KingWantsCup 04-04-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 47272569)
Lundqvist made a number of those saves with a right arm he injured in the final seconds of the second period when he landed awkwardly lunging to stop a Claude Giroux shot from the left side, the rebound of which became the Flyers' second goal. After the game, Lundqvist said he suffered a "stinger" and had trouble gripping his stick in the third period. He had an ice bag taped to his right forearm.

"I was struggling all third period," said Lundqvist. "I told Martin (Biron) to be ready just in case I couldn't go. A couple of times I was like, 'I'm out of here. I can't really hold a stick.' It was tough in the third."

However, he persevered and completed the game to earn his career-best 39th victory.

"He was unbelievable," Rangers coach John Tortorella said of Lundqvist. "I'm glad Hank got a bunch of work. I think that's something we want Hank to have. That's the best I've seen him play in a few weeks here. It was a good game for him. He just looked confident and it's the most confident I've seen him in a few weeks."

I say sit Hank vs. Pitt and then give him a final tune-up vs. the Caps on Saturday. He'll likely then have 4 days to rest before game 1 next Thursday.

I say rest him until the playoffs. I didn't think much of it when I saw him come out in the third, but I'm pretty scared. I don't want him risking further injury. If I was in charge I would honestly have the Whale play our last two games lol.

broadwayblue 04-04-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingWantsCup (Post 47273617)
I say rest him until the playoffs. I didn't think much of it when I saw him come out in the third, but I'm pretty scared. I don't want him risking further injury. If I was in charge I would honestly have the Whale play our last two games lol.

Do you really want to give him 8 days off? I'm all for giving him the next three days to rest up...but I just don't know if it's the best thing to go so long between starts.

KingWantsCup 04-04-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 47273749)
Do you really want to give him 8 days off? I'm all for giving him the next three days to rest up...but I just don't know if it's the best thing to go so long between starts.

I'm petrified with this injury. Just him holding his stick was challenge. I want nothing risked. I guess I'd rather him shake off a little rust over re-aggravating an injury. I guess it really depends on how Lundqvist feels though. If he feels good and does play he plays against the Caps. No reason to play against Pitt, they're always a burden mentally and physically for goalies.

broadwayblue 04-04-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingWantsCup (Post 47274141)
I'm petrified with this injury. Just him holding his stick was challenge. I want nothing risked. I guess I'd rather him shake off a little rust over re-aggravating an injury. I guess it really depends on how Lundqvist feels though. If he feels good and does play he plays against the Caps. No reason to play against Pitt, they're always a burden mentally and physically for goalies.

I agree, if he's still banged up on Saturday he should sit. But hopefully he's just a little bruised and simply needs a few days to recuperate. As long as it's nothing serious we're fortunate that we've got at least the conference wrapped up and have over a week until game 1.

ecemleafs 04-04-2012 01:57 AM

Henke said it would prob be very sore tomorrow and hopefully will be fine in 3-4 days. sit him against the pens and hope hes ready for the caps season finale.

BlueshirtBlitz 04-04-2012 02:13 AM

Don't think it's broken. Worst case scenario, Hank rests the rest of the reg season and ices it and wraps it and whatnot.

Hopefully Hank can make one more start, I want him to get 40 wins.

Nickmo82 04-04-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 47275425)
Don't think it's broken. Worst case scenario, Hank rests the rest of the reg season and ices it and wraps it and whatnot.

Hopefully Hank can make one more start, I want him to get 40 wins.

it'd be great if he got 40. if he is good to go, he should at least get a shot at it.

truebluegoalie 04-04-2012 06:12 AM

I wouldn't think too much of the injury. I think some rest will help, as a goalie sometimes you take a shot in the wrong spot and it stings for a while. Obviously it is highlighted more when you can't grip your stick. If it was broken he wouldn't have played the third. Probably sit out against Pittsburgh, test it out against the caps, but I doubt he takes the next two games off. As already mentioned 8 days of rest isn't good, especially for someone like Lundqvist who thrives on lots of work.

RangerFan09 04-04-2012 07:35 AM

If hes fine by the Caps game, why not play it like a Preseason game? Give him and Marty a period and a half each. That way he still gets some work in to test the hand but it also gives him some extra rest time?

SupersonicMonkey* 04-04-2012 08:00 AM

Henke deserves the chance to get win #40.

Sit him for the Penguins game. Give Marty one more big game.

Play Henke on Saturday, at home, with a chance to get win #40.

KingWantsCup 04-04-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 47275425)
Don't think it's broken. Worst case scenario, Hank rests the rest of the reg season and ices it and wraps it and whatnot.

Hopefully Hank can make one more start, I want him to get 40 wins.

Yeah I agree I don't think it's broken, a deep bruise at worst. I broke my wrist once and was literally rolling around in pain with my hand completely limp. No way he would have played the third with a broken wrist.

Silence Of The Plams 04-04-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingWantsCup (Post 47279123)
Yeah I agree I don't think it's broken, a deep bruise at worst. I broke my wrist once and was literally rolling around in pain with my hand completely limp. No way he would have played the third with a broken wrist.

Although idt its broken, but this is Henrik Lundqvist. He is probably one of the toughest goalies of today... he never complains...he never aims to quit and he always plays with the heart of a warrior

The Beezer 04-04-2012 09:39 AM

I want to believe that it's not a big issue. We all know what a competitor Hank is, but you also have to think that he's aware what they have accomplished and what's still on the line. They had a comfortable lead and he still came out for the third. I find it hard to believe that Hank or Torts would have put him back out there if it was serious.

I will admit that my heart was in my throat when it did happen. I think he sits against the Pens and plays in the finale against the Caps.

DeadPuck 04-04-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 47272569)
I say sit Hank vs. Pitt and then give him a final tune-up vs. the Caps on Saturday. He'll likely then have 4 days to rest before game 1 next Thursday.

I second this, let him sit and get some rest. No reason to have him in against Pitt.

Miamipuck 04-04-2012 09:50 AM

Rest him, soon that won't be an option.

HeaveHo94 04-04-2012 09:51 AM

I hope it a stinger... if its broke... it was fun while it lasted.

Crease 04-04-2012 09:56 AM

Lundqvist will rest against Pittsburgh. Ramsey will sprinkle some magic fairy dust on his arm and they'll reassess before the Capitals game. I doubt anyone wants Lundqvist to not play any games between now and next Thursday. He'll play against the Capitals unless his arm is still bothering him.

thesnake 04-04-2012 10:01 AM

Has anyone seen anywhere if they actually took any x-rays?

I was worried it was the wrist when I frist saw it, but if he finished the game i'd think it was either the hand, or the forearm... the wrist would be tragic.

If its just a bruise, you have to rest him thursday, and let him go on Saturday. I dont think you want him coming back on over a week off starting the playoffs.

Vitto79 04-04-2012 10:19 AM

They have first in the East.......rest that man.....they will


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.