HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Would a 4 seed have been better? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1154259)

jmb9191 04-04-2012 05:46 PM

Would a 4 seed have been better?

Don't get me wrong not complaining but hear me out

We beat Philly 6 times rivalry or not we would beat them handily

Then we get the bruins who we beat 3 times and played great in the 4th game...

Then hopefully Pittsburgh is out by then? If not gotta beat em

Basically id rather play the bruins flyers penguins instead of caps/sabres, devils, and pens

WhipNash27 04-04-2012 05:48 PM

I don't see why people are so afraid of the lower seeded teams. If the Rangers lose to those teams than they aren't good enough to beat any of the 4-6 teams either.

BlueshirtBlitz 04-04-2012 05:49 PM

The Flyers are better than whatever team the 8th seed will be.

We embarrassed the Caps in the regular season last year and look where that got us. We're a really good team this year, so we very well could (and should) beat the Flyers, but 1 is definitely better.

Blueshirt Believer 04-04-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb9191 (Post 47301959)

Basically id rather play the bruins flyers penguins instead of caps/sabres, devils, and pens

That would be crazy. This team would be so beat up by the time they got to ECF, I doubt they would have anything in the tank left.

Do not underestimate Philly in the post season. They are a good team with a dynamic offense(Honestly, its better than ours). They have Defensive issues, and goaltending problems. But make no mistake they are a dangerous team.

It means absolutely nothing what we did in the regular season when we get to the playoffs. What we did to Philly in the regular season might even have little translation to the post season. You only need to see what happened with Washington last season.

The good news is the Rangers are playing well going into the post season this year. But I would want to face lesser teams like Buff/ Wash/Ott. If you can't make it past those teams in a seven game series, you don't deserve to go far.

jmb9191 04-04-2012 05:55 PM

The devils just scare me a LOT

Blueshirt Believer 04-04-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb9191 (Post 47302301)
The devils just scare me a LOT

Your going to have to face a team during the playoffs that you haven't completely stomped on. Honestly I would rather face the Devils, than a team like Philly in the post season.

RangerBlues 04-04-2012 05:58 PM

The question is:

Would you want to play 7 against the Flyers or Washington/Buffalo in the first round.

Too easy.

Blueshirt Believer 04-04-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBlues (Post 47302445)
The question is:

Would you want to play 7 against the Flyers or Washington/Buffalo in the first round.

Too easy.

Washington would be the easiest.

Buffalo could be a little bit tougher with Miller, or they could even be easier than Washington(all depends on goaltending).

Philly, I believe we would have the edge. But that wouldn't be an easy series.

HankTheTankYoLo 04-04-2012 06:03 PM

in a playoff it starts over.

Frölunda had won 3 of 4 games against Brynäs in the regular season, in the playoffs brynäs won with 4-1.

So i dont see why people are afraid of meeting Buffalo/Washington etc. just becuse we have a better record against Philly etc.

HeaveHo94 04-04-2012 06:03 PM

chinese proverb: be careful what you wish for...

Vitto79 04-04-2012 06:05 PM

no way I wanted to play the Flyers first round.We won 6 in a row so were bound to lose some games to them

jmb9191 04-04-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 47302713)
no way I wanted to play the Flyers first round.We won 6 in a row so were bound to lose some games to them

Nah we dominate them for a reason like the devils in 08 beat em 7 straight in regular season and in 5 in the playoffs all cause a bad bounce off staals skate

WhipNash27 04-04-2012 06:13 PM

In 1994 the Rangers went 6-0 in the regular season against the Devils. The playoff series as we all know went through 7 grueling games. Regular season =\= playoffs. Just be careful what you wish for.

SlingshotVv 04-04-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

I'd rather guarantee this team home-ice as long as it can. If any of those teams are going to beat us, they're not only going to have to win all their home games, but they're going to have to win one on the road.

Rangers Fail 04-04-2012 06:25 PM

There's a reason that those teams are fighting for eighth.

Machinehead 04-04-2012 06:32 PM

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/...958233396.jpeg

We're a combined 5-2 against the Sabres and Caps.

eco's bones 04-04-2012 06:37 PM

The Flyers are a really good team all the way around--the Sabres minus Miller are kind of mediocre. The Caps d and forward depth and goaltending are not that impressive. That being said any playoff team can beat any other playoff team. You have to take everyone very seriously. The Rangers are guaranteed home ice advantage as long as they can last in the East. Not something to sneer at. They worked hard for it. Got to have some faith that they'll continue to take things one game at a time and hopefully the best team during the regular season wins.

iamthewalrus 04-04-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBlues (Post 47302445)
The question is:

Too easy.

we could still get the panthers in the first round. If washington beats florida and us (we could control that outcome), and florida loses to carolina, florida becomes the 8 seed

wolfgaze 04-04-2012 06:58 PM

No... If we're going to go all the way we're going to have to beat a variety of teams of varying competitiveness... I'd rather have home ice advantage through the 1st three rounds with the way the Rangers have been playing at MSG this year (27-11-2).

jmb9191 04-04-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 47303725)
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/...958233396.jpeg

We're a combined 5-2 against the Sabres and Caps.

this isn't about the first round. its the second round

pavelich 04-04-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

No way. Home ice please. Thank you.

Pizza 04-04-2012 07:17 PM

Short Answer: No.

The Rangers are a good, very good, young team. Deal with it. Embrace it. Stop walking around on pins and needles folks.

JeffMangum 04-04-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer (Post 47302565)
Washington would be the easiest.

Buffalo could be a little bit tougher with Miller, or they could even be easier than Washington(all depends on goaltending).

Philly, I believe we would have the edge. But that wouldn't be an easy series.

No thanks to Philly in the first round.

That would take a HUGE chunk of energy out of this team before they even got deep.

Cake or Death 04-04-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Are you insane? I LOVE the idea of having home ice against Wash and maybe NJ in rds 1 and 2. Just as much as I would LOVE to see the Bruins, Pens and Flyers kill one another in the first two rounds, and then meet one of them in round three. You'd really prefer to give up home ice in round two and play the Bruins?

Inferno 04-04-2012 07:55 PM

it's entirely possible the rangers could be out in the first round. the long and the short of it is, there are no easy matchups out there, other than whoever faces the Panthers.