HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WC: Roster Talk '12 — Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1155909)

jfc64 08-06-2011 03:17 AM

Roster Talk '12 — Sweden
 
We start earlier than usual this year. You know why. In the first round (seven games!) Sweden will play at home. First game is against Norway :) So you could say the WC is in Finland AND Sweden. The event takes place between 4-20th of May. First placed team meets the fourth in the same group. Thus, Finland and Sweden can only meet in the semifinals or the finals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Me..._Championships

In the last finals a missed tennis shot from Niklas Persson would have meant 2-0 with one period to go. The finns eventually won and the Hartwall fiasco some years ago (a mad Sundin) was partially eliminated. This coming season will to a certain degree be more about national team hockey than club hockey. In this thread we can anticipate the revenge and speculate about the possible team we can mobilize.


The first round of Stanley Cup ends at April 26

The Kajotbet Hockey Games (Czechia) is between April 26-29

WC starts at May 4th

The second round of Stanley Cup ends at May 10

The WC quarterfinals start at May 17


The 2011 roster:

Patrik Berglund St. Louis Blues (NHL) 9 8 2 10 8
Magnus Pääjärvi Edmonton Oilers (NHL) 9 2 5 7 2
Robert Nilsson Salavat Julajev Ufa (KHL) 9 1 6 7 0
Martin Thörnberg Torpedo Nižnij Novgorod (KHL) 9 2 4 6 4
Mikael Backlund Calgary Flames (NHL) 9 3 2 5 2
Loui Eriksson Dallas Stars (NHL) 9 3 1 4 2
Mattias Sjögren Färjestads BK 9 1 3 4 2
Niklas Persson Neftechimik Nižnekamsk (KHL) 8 3 0 3 8
Jimmie Ericsson Skellefteå AIK 8 2 1 3 2
Marcus Krüger Chicago Blackhawks (NHL) 9 2 1 3 10
Mattias Tedenby New Jersey Devils (NHL) 9 1 2 3 8
Jakob Silfverberg Brynäs IF 9 0 1 1 2
Andreas Jämtin Linköpings HC 1 0 0 0 0
Rickard Wallin Färjestads BK 9 0 0 0 4

David Petrasek HK Dynamo Minsk (KHL) 9 2 4 6 10
Oliver Ekman-Larsson Phoenix Coyotes (NHL) 7 1 3 4 2
Staffan Kronwall Severstal Cerepovec (KHL) 9 1 3 4 4
Carl Gunnarsson Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL) 9 0 2 2 2
David Rundblad Skellefteå AIK 4 0 1 1 2
Tim Erixon Skellefteå AIK 9 0 1 1 2
Daniel Fernholm HK Dynamo Minsk (KHL) 9 0 1 1 4
Nicklas Grossman Dallas Stars (NHL) 2 0 0 0 4

Viktor Fasth AIK Ishockey 7 1.71 .946
Erik Ersberg Salavat Julajev Ufa (KHL) 2 3.84 .873
Anders Nilsson Luleå HF 0 0.00 .000

Everlasting 08-06-2011 05:30 AM

Zetterberg and the Sedins have said that they will play in that wc since its in Sweden :handclap:

Dosing 08-06-2011 06:21 AM

No ty to sedins unless it's small roles on the third line. After last olympics they shouldn't even be invited anymore.

Jonimaus 08-06-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smookie (Post 35712369)
No ty to sedins unless it's small roles on the third line. After last olympics they shouldn't even be invited anymore.

With that logic, there are like 3 players from the Olympics that should be invited. Keep on keepin on.

Elite Prospects 08-06-2011 10:41 AM

No captain, Magnus Johansson? M.J > Fernholm

Pentothal 08-06-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonimaus (Post 35712789)
With that logic, there are like 3 players from the Olympics that should be invited. Keep on keepin on.

I would definitely take them for a WC team and make them first liners at that, but Im definitely not sure about Sochi. Great creative players and all that, but at this point of their careers I think it's pretty safe to say that they don't raise their game in a playoff kind of environment and they never do much for Sweden. Other than that I don't think they can play on a third line and will be on the downward slope of their careers in 2014.

I realize I did go a bit off topic here, but yeah... The Sedins :5:

Jonimaus 08-06-2011 11:51 AM

Yeah they are not Sundin (or Jörgen Jönsson :P) with being there for the national team, that's for sure. But they are still great players, and while they did not up their game in the playoffs, neither did anyone else in Canucks, and don't forget, it's hard to score on a goalie putting up one of the best performances, ever.

But not taking them for the WC, seriously, what? They are locks for the national team, even if all NHL players accept. (This is not pointed at you Pentothal).

Dosing 08-06-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonimaus (Post 35712789)
With that logic, there are like 3 players from the Olympics that should be invited. Keep on keepin on.

Most of the other guys upped their play, but those two just kept their stagnant rotation going, it doesn't matter if it's the olympics whc or nhl finals the sedins dont play well when it matters. Did the BÅG logic of giving you icetime based on resume work better?

Jonimaus 08-06-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smookie (Post 35716609)
Most of the other guys upped their play, but those two just kept their stagnant rotation going, it doesn't matter if it's the olympics whc or nhl finals the sedins dont play well when it matters. Did the BÅG logic of giving you icetime based on resume work better?

What? They were not good, but in my opinion, pretty much only the Bäckström line was.

Again, I see very big flaws in your logic if you base your opinion on last Olympics, or even the NHL playoffs. The Sedins were fine 2006.

Dosing 08-06-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonimaus (Post 35716909)
What? They were not good, but in my opinion, pretty much only the Bäckström line was.

Again, I see very big flaws in your logic if you base your opinion on last Olympics, or even the NHL playoffs. The Sedins were fine 2006.

They didn't have big roles in 2006. Most of the guy in 2010 were dissapointing but those two were by far worst, theres no flaw in skipping guys like that. If you wanna win that is...

jfc64 08-06-2011 04:38 PM

sAVeT H ED O'lp hInS.

DSL 08-19-2011 06:53 PM

I hope to see Lando on the WC team next year =)

TheFatOne 08-20-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSL (Post 36059383)
I hope to see Lando on the WC team next year =)

and Zibanejad..

jfc64 10-26-2011 08:53 AM

whales now

BBKers 10-26-2011 04:43 PM

There is always a bit of surprising, young stud that will get his chance on the National Team early in those meaningless tourneys, excel there & then make it onto the Swedish WC squad. My bet this year is on Jesper Fasth. Odds anyone?

cheerupmurray 10-26-2011 07:40 PM

Looking at darkhorses:
Mårts have a thing for good young roleplayers. Maybe a guy like Bång, Brodin or Lasu have a chance to make it on the fourth line. Brodin brings speed and physical game (and a seroius lack of scoring touch), Bång brings size, plays a powerforward game and is strong along the boards and Lasu brings energy and is great at PK. All of them got a sniff of the national team last year.

TheFatOne 10-27-2011 03:36 AM

Brodin - Zibanejad - Lasu


Would be a great checking-unit.

cheerupmurray 10-27-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 38540847)
Brodin - Zibanejad - Lasu


Would be a great checking-unit.

Probably won't happen, but might be fun to watch! At last a swedish hockey-line that you wouldn't think was soft :P

Systemfel 10-27-2011 06:08 PM

Oh yeah, Lasu for sure. Probably the best PK forward in the SEL.

yarre 10-28-2011 03:19 AM

What are you talking about?! Sedins were really good in the olympics but they didn't get any icetime because of that stupid BÅG. Watch the games again. They never got a fair chance IMO!

PuckOut 10-28-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 38540847)
Brodin - Zibanejad - Lasu


Would be a great checking-unit.


Brodin has been awful this season though, in all areas of the game. Seriously disappointing so far and he should not be anywhere near Tre Kronor right now.

jfc64 10-30-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarre (Post 38609721)
What are you talking about?! Sedins were really good in the olympics but they didn't get any icetime because of that stupid BÅG. Watch the games again. They never got a fair chance IMO!

Agree. Playing with Weinhandl wasn't the high mark of their career if you say. Today I should pair them with Zetterberg.

jfc64 10-30-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBKers (Post 38518231)
There is always a bit of surprising, young stud that will get his chance on the National Team early in those meaningless tourneys, excel there & then make it onto the Swedish WC squad. My bet this year is on Jesper Fasth. Odds anyone?

Fasth, sure. I wonder if there is more potential in him.

Hmm...maybe some defender...Almqvist, Nygren...or center Erik Forsell. Johan Larsson or Zibanejad could surprise after they are disqualified by U20-WC.

In a different world a dictionary would center Per Ledin and Andreas Jämtin.

TheFatOne 11-12-2011 08:09 AM

Alexander Steen - Patrik Berglund - Gabriel Landeskog
Mattias Weinhandl - Tony Mårtensson - Martin Thörnberg
Jakob Silfverberg - Carl Söderberg - Jonas Andersson
Fredrik Sjöström - Joel Lundqvist - Andreas Jämtin (great checking line)


Tobias Enström - Johnny Oduya
David Petrasek - Staffan Kronwall
Mattias Ekholm - Mattias Karlsson

Everlasting 11-12-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 39317819)
Alexander Steen - Patrik Berglund - Gabriel Landeskog
Mattias Weinhandl - Tony Mårtensson - Martin Thörnberg
Jakob Silfverberg - Carl Söderberg - Jonas Andersson
Fredrik Sjöström - Joel Lundqvist - Andreas Jämtin (great checking line)


Tobias Enström - Johnny Oduya
David Petrasek - Staffan Kronwall
Mattias Ekholm - Mattias Karlsson

:laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.