HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OT: Do you agree with Tortorella's comments? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1156493)

KingLio21093 04-06-2012 05:18 PM

Do you agree with Tortorella's comments?

These comments got him fined for $20,000. I may hate the Rangers, but I agree with him 100%. It's almost like you get penalized for speaking the truth these days.

This was the hit Tortorella was mad at if you didn't see it yet.

Wanderson 04-06-2012 05:31 PM

Yes, I agree with Tortorella...

Stercrazy 04-06-2012 05:41 PM

When you're right you're right. It looked dirty to me. But the rags will be fined for not controlling his bench.

IslesFanatic 04-06-2012 05:42 PM

Hate the Rags with a passion, but I'm with Torts on this one.

islandermaniac 04-06-2012 05:52 PM

the rangers head coach likes to tell everyone to shut up. perhaps he should take his own advice.

PWJunior 04-06-2012 05:54 PM

I wasn't too familiar with Torts during his TB days, but after seeing him and what's he done for the Rangers, I respect the hell out of the guy. He loves his players with passion and his rants like that show me that. I agree with him on this one.

Kevin27nyi 04-06-2012 06:00 PM

I can't help but wonder if he is referring to Mario whining about the events last year with the Isles.

A Pointed Stick 04-06-2012 06:02 PM

Agree with Torts on this one 100%.

I think his main gripe is with the league though. They still haven't done what we all know needs to get done.

StrongIslanders90 04-06-2012 06:17 PM

I wish Torts was the Isles coach....

Ziggy16 04-06-2012 06:17 PM

havent we seen this before? Torts got fined 20K for calling out the Pens.. we get fined 10K for fighting the pens, philly gets fined (10k -- 2.5k) more than pitt for their fight fest last week..

mario whines to the media about how he doesnt like where this is all heading and gets nothing

Larry Brooks is gonna blow this up on sunday:

Larry Brooks
‏ @NYP_Brooksie

The double standard as applied to Penguins by NHL office is appalling. More about this coming in Slapshots on Sunday.

Lemieux writes public letter threatening to sell team, excoriating league and gets off scot-free for his tantrum.

and ppl say theres no double standard in the league.. both NY teams and philly have been hit hard when fighting back against the pens on and off the ice.. while the pens continue their usual "were the victims" BS.. and get off scott free

macleod50 04-06-2012 06:18 PM

Torts hit the proverbial nail on the head with that one.

Orpik is one of the biggest cowards in the league. Runs away anytime someone comes calling for one of his cheap hits.

Pnut 04-06-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick (Post 47438023)
Agree with Torts on this one 100%.

I think his main gripe is with the league though. They still haven't done what we all know needs to get done.

"I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there."....."one of the most arrogant organizations in the league over there"
Wow being an Isles fan for almost 27 years I never thought that I would say this but....I agree with the Rangers head coach.:eek:

There is no accountability to me if one team gets preferential treatment. That they might get away with this intent to injure again and they get very little punishment over and over again. Enoughs enough....Good for Torts to call out this ********.

RoseTintedVisor 04-06-2012 06:58 PM

yes yes yes

ScaredStreit 04-06-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 47437697)
I wasn't too familiar with Torts during his TB days, but after seeing him and what's he done for the Rangers, I respect the hell out of the guy. He loves his players with passion and his rants like that show me that. I agree with him on this one.

He was always saying things like that down here, it's just reported more being with the Rangers. And the majority of the time he's 100% right.

Everyone remember Mario whining about the game between us and Pens? Meanwhile they have Cooke and play dirty. And the league backs the Pens because of Sid.

Isles Enforcer 04-06-2012 07:04 PM

Backing Torts 100%

stevedepot 04-06-2012 07:06 PM

Whether we all agree with him or not, is not the point.
(and I actually agree with him).

But last year, as Arthur Staple just pointed out a little while ago,
Mario Lemieux questioned the NHL's integrity after the Isles-Pens brawl and he got no fine. We got fined 100K.

The hit from Orpik on Stepan didn't look as bad on the multiple replays. Didn't look intentional to me. But Tortorella has every right to vent about Crosby whining. This is the same player that punched an opponent in the crotch while down on all 4's and received no suspension.

I don't believe in double standards but the NHL needs to be consistent and Tortorella should not have been fined if Lemieux wasn't last year.

luki here 04-06-2012 07:13 PM

he isnt being fined for thinking the hit was dirty, he is being fined for ranting infront of the microphone and saying stuff the nhl feels is damaging their image.

I agree the hit was dirty and agree with the nhl passing out the fine. They are very touchy about what you say in the media. Will always be...torts saying what he said wasnt the most clever move. He was asking for it.

TJ MAC 04-06-2012 07:17 PM

I agree with Torts. Someone's gotta say it to the media. Plus he knows his organization will pay the fine.

Ziggy16 04-06-2012 07:17 PM

1 problem lucas.. the nhl posted on their own twitter account his comments after the game.. the NHL posted them.. the nhl has aired the rant on nhl network a number of times.. its not damaging them at all... they took hsi words plastered over the nhl media adn then fined him for calling out the pens... double standard

torts like lavy and we were last year are in the right, and the pens are still in the wrong... the double standard is causing these incidents.. 3 of the other 4 teams in this division have been fined for actions on and off the ice vs the pens.. while the pens got off scott free every time.. clear cut double standard...

Ziggy16 04-06-2012 07:26 PM

@StapeNewsday: Not to step into it here, but... Mario Lemieux questioned the NHL's integrity after #Isles-Pens brawl last year. #Isles were fined $100K..

@StapeNewsday: Now, Tortorella questions the NHL's integrity in regards to a dirty Pens hit, and #NYR coach is fined $20K. Seems inconsistent to me.
41 minutes ago

islesfan3991 04-06-2012 07:27 PM

I have no problem at all with what he said. It's not like he attacked the league or anything. If he wants to speak his mind about an opponent I say let him.

Boik14 04-06-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukasfindl (Post 47441217)
he isnt being fined for thinking the hit was dirty, he is being fined for ranting infront of the microphone and saying stuff the nhl feels is damaging their image.

I agree the hit was dirty and agree with the nhl passing out the fine. They are very touchy about what you say in the media. Will always be...torts saying what he said wasnt the most clever move. He was asking for it.

This and theres an expletive in there which MSG silenced and which is silenced on the clip in this thread. Right after he calls them whiny, he calls them B****y. Im guessing that didnt do him any favors.

I dont agree with them fining the coach for that. Any coach. Especially when hes right. I hate the rags but I support Torts on this. Bettman is taking a cue from his pal David Stern on this.

IslesFanatic 04-06-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 47437697)

I think he is an excellent coach. Would have loved to see him behind the isles bench.

JKP 04-06-2012 08:03 PM

I'm not a fan of Torts at all. Can't stand him, actually. But I agree with him on this one.

cjdv16 04-06-2012 08:08 PM

I don't agree for ****.

This guy runs his big yap so damn often that I just tune him out.

Take note that he's a big ass baby whenever they lose. Cheap play or not.

Talk about arrogance.... this clown is one of the most arrogant human beings I've never met.

He can go **** off, the putz that he is.

Big friggin' cry baby.....