HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GDT: ECQF: Game 0: Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers. MSG. 4/7/12. 6:30 PM. NBCSN. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1157303)

mrwarden 04-07-2012 11:48 AM

ECQF: Game 0: Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers. MSG. 4/7/12. 6:30 PM. NBCSN.

Reverse Jinx.

Drake1588 04-07-2012 11:54 AM

If I don't get starts for both of Lundqvist and Thomas today, and rest is a definite possibility, I'm going to default my way right out of my fantasy hockey finals. Saturday, and I've one start to show for it, damnit. Come on, Torts.

Oh yeah, and go Caps.

drewwegand 04-07-2012 12:03 PM

Well if we show up big today then this will prove we have a chance in the playoffs. If not count us out in the first, maybe even early exit!

Jedgi 04-07-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewwegand (Post 47467795)
Well if we show up big today then this will prove we have a chance in the playoffs. If not count us out in the first, maybe even early exit!

Oh please, sorry; but this type of dramaticism(if it's not a word it is now? :sarcasm:) is driving me crazy. It's like back the night before the Caps played Buffalo. People I was speaking with said "The Caps are not making the playoffs if they lose to Buffalo tomorrow." and I responded with "No, one regular season game doesn't mean much, I'd bet even if they get lose in regulation they'll still make the playoffs."

QuadrupleDeke 04-07-2012 12:13 PM

What will be known before the game starts:

- Whether the Caps can move into 7th with a win (Senators @ Devils starts 3.5 hours earlier)

What will not be known before the game starts:

- Whether the Caps can move into 3rd with a win (Hurricanes @ Panthers starts 1 hour later)

- Whether the Rangers have the Presidents' Trophy locked up, or how many points they need if they don't (they need to at least match Vancouver's outcome, and Oilers @ Canucks starts 3.5 hours later)

Soooo... go road teams?

drewwegand 04-07-2012 12:16 PM

As positive as I'd love to be about this team they have struggled all season, they definetly don't have the confidence to ride on like past seasons.

hopefully you're right though, and this year maybe they will try to underdog their way through the playoffs

Capitlols 04-07-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke (Post 47468265)
What will be known before the game starts:

- Whether the Caps can move into 7th with a win (Senators @ Devils starts 3.5 hours earlier)

What will not be known before the game starts:

- Whether the Caps can move into 3rd with a win (Hurricanes @ Panthers starts 1 hour later)

- Whether the Rangers have the Presidents' Trophy locked up, or how many points they need if they don't (they need to at least match Vancouver's outcome, and Oilers @ Canucks starts 3.5 hours later)

Soooo... go road teams?

It'll all be moot, Caps lose.

Ovechkins Wodka 04-07-2012 12:23 PM

i just want holtby to play well and no one to get hurt. would almost rather lose this one close and not win the div because it moves our 1st rounder back 10 spots

drewwegand 04-07-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka (Post 47468873)
i just want holtby to play well and no one to get hurt. would almost rather lose this one close and not win the div because it moves our 1st rounder back 10 spots

i'll second that! I would rather have a (+) for the future than a (even) now

Atlas 04-07-2012 12:32 PM

Do we want to win this game?

I don't know what the ramifications are. I think I want to play the Rags in the playoffs. I was thinking Boston would crush our Sally-boys physically. I think Boston is the best team in the East--but, they played until last June and didn't get much time off in the off-season. It's possible they are fatigued and get sent home quick.

Carlzner 04-07-2012 12:54 PM

Vladiator16 04-07-2012 01:06 PM

Win or lose i dont care, just no injuries.

BrooklynCapsFan 04-07-2012 01:08 PM

I hope we stay at 8. I like the history we've got with the Rags.

And of course:

CapitalsCupFantasy 04-07-2012 01:56 PM

A monster night by Semin/Ovechkin/Backstrom/Green would sure make the boards interesting for the next week...

RandyHolt 04-07-2012 02:05 PM

I am calling the unthinkable. Green scores.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=374

txpd 04-07-2012 02:07 PM

the caps want all the good they can get. a good, as in winning today and winning the division, is a good thing. not a bad thing.

caps remain a dominant home team.

all i want is for holtby to be sharp.

txpd 04-07-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyHolt (Post 47474557)
I am calling the unthinkable. Green scores.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=374

just wondering what hit ratio is for your "calling it" predictions this season? do you remember?

Liberati0n* 04-07-2012 02:12 PM

I think there are more reasons to hope for a loss than a win. While momentum might be good, the only real benefit of a win would be in establishing Holtby's confidence if he plays well. If you assume they're going to get the Rangers even if they win, I don't want them wasting one of the very limited number of victories they have in them on Game 0. I also absolutely want the Rangers to be their opponent. New Jersey would sweep them...I guess Boston could be interesting, but they've already beaten Lundqvist/NYR. Then of course there's the draft pick. I guess that's the downside of the division leaders getting the top seeds. They get a better standings position than they deserve and a worse draft pick than they deserve. No reason to do that and on top of it draw a less beatable opponent. Screw home ice.

Capitlols 04-07-2012 02:13 PM

I want a Backstrom point for his psyche.

Brian23 04-07-2012 02:18 PM

I miss Feds. :(

mrwarden 04-07-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonsofcain (Post 47475061)
I think there are more reasons to hope for a loss than a win. While momentum might be good, the only real benefit of a win would be in establishing Holtby's confidence if he plays well. If you assume they're going to get the Rangers even if they win, I don't want them wasting one of the very limited number of victories they have in them on Game 0. I also absolutely want the Rangers to be their opponent. New Jersey would sweep them...I guess Boston could be interesting, but they've already beaten Lundqvist/NYR. Then of course there's the draft pick. I guess that's the downside of the division leaders getting the top seeds. They get a better standings position than they deserve and a worse draft pick than they deserve. No reason to do that and on top of it draw a less beatable opponent. Screw home ice.

Bad News, my career gdt record for playoff games is 13-8. And I think I'm 6-1 against the Rags...so we're totally winning today.

Liberati0n* 04-07-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwarden (Post 47475555)
Bad News, my career gdt record for playoff games is 13-8. And I think I'm 6-1 against the Rags...so we're totally winning today.

Yeah, but how much experience do you really have posting in the non-pressure of a Game 0 environment? This is a new challenge for you.

RandyHolt 04-07-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd (Post 47474815)
just wondering what hit ratio is for your "calling it" predictions this season? do you remember?

I am busy doing nothing to remember for certain. Forced to guess.

GDT predictions easily close to 0.0%

What are the odds on Green, 1 in 15? You will notice I never make an easy to land odd, I always go for the big payday.

3-2? Yawn.

txpd 04-07-2012 03:03 PM

i dont know man. when you post I'm calling it, it doesnt happen. maybe i missed it when it did.

thinking you called orlov's first goal numerous times. anyway. i hope it happens. a goal for green. an assist for backstrom. a w and something to piss off torts

BrooklynCapsFan 04-07-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwarden (Post 47475555)

You're also pretty much a guarantee for an 8-1 upset if it comes to that.