HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Don't Rip Pens, or Else... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1158529)

Clowes Line 04-08-2012 09:10 AM

Don't Rip Pens, or Else...

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...H99XRT5dVC4VZK

Great read from Brooksie. This league is disgusting.

Sticky Fingers 04-08-2012 09:17 AM

Good stuff!

Kel Varnsen 04-08-2012 09:18 AM

The NHL has been so bad that they've got Brooksie coming to the defense of Torts...

Ail 04-08-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin (Post 47549991)
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...H99XRT5dVC4VZK

Great read from Brooksie. This league is disgusting.

Hard not to hit a homerun with this one for Brooks.

The bottom line here is, Crosby is back, the Pens are America's team, and Crosby is the golden boy of the league who brings in the big bucks from the casual fan. He may not be as good as Gretzky, but he is the new Gretzky insofar as even if you do not watch hockey, you know who he is, and you see his highlight reels on Sportscenter.

smitty10 04-08-2012 09:30 AM

I hate this crap. The NHL favours Pittsburgh far and away over all other teams. It's disgusting.

Silence Of The Plams 04-08-2012 09:34 AM

Brooks will be fined because Lemieux will cry about the media portraying this bias and BS truthfully.

Jabroni 04-08-2012 09:39 AM

Loved this article. Nice job, Brooksie.

varanger94 04-08-2012 09:48 AM

I watched 7 hours of hockey on NBC yesterday and not one mention or discussion of Torts comments or fine.by the so called analysts before between and after periods. The announcer brought it up during the game a couple of times but there is no room for discussion during the game. The League put a muzzle on NBC. They cut the ****s off of Milbury.

DoTheBlue 04-08-2012 09:52 AM

Better watch your back now Brooksie. Some deranged Penguin fan might jump you from behind and take your shirt off.

Dr. Ogrodnick 04-08-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoTheBlue (Post 47551369)
Better watch your back now Brooksie. Some deranged Penguin fan might jump you from behind and take your shirt off.

Some deranged fan named Gary?

eco's bones 04-08-2012 10:10 AM

Almost comical--call up Steve McIntyre. Throw Ranaldo out of the game for a borderline minor penalty hit and give Shelley a misconduct for ?--whatever. The on ice officials in yesterday's Flyers-Pens contest seemed intent on protecting one team's players anyways.

NYRfan68 04-08-2012 10:12 AM

My theory is Bettman likes the Penguins because he looks like the Penguin from Batman.

Bettman is also very close to Batman

Conspiracy?
I think not.

we want cup 04-08-2012 10:39 AM

"I said go get your ****ing shine box!" :laugh:

Good one by Brooksie. Maybe this support will cool the relationship between him and Torts.

Baby Punisher 04-08-2012 10:49 AM

The leauge wide wispers from fans & players about Bettman favoring the NHL & Crosby have been getting louder & louder for some time. Tort's tirade wasn't so much about what Orpik did to Stepan that night, it was a culmative effect that has been building for a long time & Orpik's hot on Steps was the tipping point.

The NHL reacting the way it did towards Tort's & Milbury instead of letting both instances die have opened up the flood gates. Now the Media is slowly getting on board.

beastly115 04-08-2012 10:50 AM

Glad to see the Pens favoritism getting some more attention. It's ****ing unbelievable the kind of **** they get away with. Good for Brooks. You know the situation is bad when Brooks, of all people, is coming to defend Torts.

NYR94 04-08-2012 10:57 AM

He's right about Milbury and NBC, too. The guy makes a living off of verbally ripping European NHLers and no one has any problem with it, but the minute he takes a shot at a European Penguin player then he suddenly gets all apologetic.

And I had completely forgotten about Lemieux's anger over what happened in that Islander game last year. The fact that a league owner can put out a written statement on his team's web site criticizing the league (2 days after the event) and nothing happens but a coach in a postgame conference still in the heat of the moment can't speak his mind without being fined.

Does this mean that coaches like Tortorella and Renney out in Edmonton have to wait two days and publish a statement on their team's web site instead of speaking directly to the media? Is that how you avoid a fine?

Ice Hockey 04-08-2012 11:13 AM

"Pierre McGuire, meanwhile, saw nothing."

best part of the article.

Ice Hockey 04-08-2012 11:16 AM

anyone feel like brooskie was wasted and high on pills when he wrote that article? i'm not saying i don't agree... i do, but there's some misspelled words and very awkward sentences.

Drewbackatu* 04-08-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 47550655)
I hate this crap. The NHL favours Pittsburgh far and away over all other teams. It's disgusting.

The blatant, over the top favortism the league arrogantly gives to ****sburgh is an out and out disgrace! They can't lose fast enough to please me.

TheScourge 04-08-2012 11:26 AM

i defiantly agree with torts. he is one of my favorite coaches and what is said is correct

Pizza 04-08-2012 12:41 PM

Hammer squarely hitting nail on head.

It's no small thing for me to say that Brooksie got it right this time.

Jaromir Jagr 04-08-2012 12:53 PM

Great article by Brooks. Really got to give him credit here and so does Torts. For someone who routinely gets criticized about his work, Brooks hit the nail on the head here and it's a statement article.

Excellent work. Even though nothing will result from it, it's good to know that the majority of the league is with Torts and the Rangers on this one. Just goes to show you the arrogance of the league and Pittsburgh. It has really become sickening, and I know my post is just more drudgery and it's over-spoken about but it has gotten to the point where I have questioned my ability to keep supporting the NHL in situations like this, if they continue.

Dr. Ogrodnick 04-08-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Hockey (Post 47555147)
anyone feel like brooskie was wasted and high on pills when he wrote that article? i'm not saying i don't agree... i do, but there's some misspelled words and very awkward sentences.

He tweeted that his 4 year old nephew passed away yesterday, so I think we can forgive him for not being 100% on his spelling and grammatical game.

Edge 04-08-2012 03:54 PM

The NHL has the same problem with Crosby, that they had around Mario. You just can't build around a ***** in a sport like hockey.

They tried and tried and tried to group Mario with the Messier and the Gretzky in the early 90's as the people who were growing the sport. And yes, Mario grew the sport in the Ohio and Pennsylvania area (whoopdy doo). But when you look at the major media markets, putting hockey on the front line, Mario just wasn't in the same league.

The league wants Crosby to be their go-to guy. But it's not happening, and deep down, they know it.

M0rbid 04-08-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 47570273)
The NHL has the same problem with Crosby, that they had around Mario. You just can't build around a ***** in a sport like hockey.

They tried and tried and tried to group Mario with the Messier and the Gretzky in the early 90's as the people who were growing the sport. And yes, Mario grew the sport in the Ohio and Pennsylvania area (whoopdy doo). But when you look at the major media markets, putting hockey on the front line, Mario just wasn't in the same league.

The league wants Crosby to be their go-to guy. But it's not happening, and deep down, they know it.

You couldn't have said it better.