HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: X - Plekanec - X (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1158641)

Emanresu Wen 04-08-2012 11:30 AM

X - Plekanec - X

A healthy Gionta will definitely go on the right wing

Plekanec really needs regular teammates. Guys that can keep up with him because he's so frigging fast and rarely ever someone keeps up with him when he takes off.

Will it be Bourque, Leblanc? An UFA?

MarkovsKnee 04-08-2012 11:37 AM

Not Bourque. He simply doesn't play Pleks game. W can put Pacioretty there, but then the DD - Cole duo would need a winger. We either sign someone short term, say David Jones. I would give him Ryder's contract, 2 years $3,5m per. Or, we allow Leblanc, Gallagher & Kristo to fight over that spot in training camp. Preferably I would prefer that all 3 kids spend the year in the AHL. Leblanc played more NHL games this year than he did AHL games. He needs to get some AHL time in, like Pacioretty did.

MsChanandlerBong 04-08-2012 11:37 AM

Bourque is a solid 3rd liner, we definitely should not stick him with Plekanec and Gionta. But yeah you're right, someone very fast and with some size (basically Bourque but a lot better).

Jack Bourdain 04-08-2012 11:38 AM

Am I the only one that doesn't see the chemistry between Gionta and Plekanec? Whenever they played together, it didn't seem like they fed off each other's abilities.

donghabs98 04-08-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain (Post 47556353)
Am I the only one that doesn't see the chemistry between Gionta and Plekanec? Whenever they played together, it didn't seem like they fed off each other's abilities.

your not the only one

i didn't really see anything whe they were playing together etheir

poetryinmotion 04-08-2012 11:44 AM

Gionta-DD-Pacioretty
Cole-Plekanec-Eller/Bourque

MathMan 04-08-2012 11:45 AM

I think a top-6 LW should be the Habs' target in UFA. In the extremely unlikely event that they can lay their hands on Parise, he goes with Pleks.

Otherwise, grab a Semin or less ideally a Penner, stick him with DD, and promote MaxPac to the first line. 67-14-21 can handle anyone.

onemorecup* 04-08-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee (Post 47556287)
Not Bourque. He simply doesn't play Pleks game. W can put Pacioretty there, but then the DD - Cole duo would need a winger. We either sign someone short term, say David Jones. I would give him Ryder's contract, 2 years $3,5m per. Or, we allow Leblanc, Gallagher & Kristo to fight over that spot in training camp. Preferably I would prefer that all 3 kids spend the year in the AHL. Leblanc played more NHL games this year than he did AHL games. He needs to get some AHL time in, like Pacioretty did.

Pleks has to go period

nice player ...but how many more fken years do you want to go with his 50-55 points and we stink in the end crap

if we are to move in the right direction ...Pleks and DD cant be your 1-2 period

you cant win squat with these 2 guys down the middle , name one contender with this duo down the middle ??? NONE

this team needs an overhaul of the top 6 period ....

Gio, nice guy but at 33 time to go

his 20-25 goals are replaceable if we are prepared to play Eller and Leblanc and give them legit top 6 minuts and pp time .

but cmom folks , Gio, Pleks, Gomez , need to go to move forward

you can buy time with the midget for one more year , but not long term

Ice Poutine 04-08-2012 11:50 AM

Gionta - Desharnais - Brendan Gallagher could be our new "Mini Me" line...

(wait, wait: Gallagher is too tall at 5' 9")

Frozenice 04-08-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donghabs98 (Post 47556591)
your not the only one

i didn't really see anything whe they were playing together etheir

Me, neither. I just never got why so many here thought it was a slam dunk.

The only thing I can see is a 3rd line - Bourque/Leblanc/Gionta.

I'd rather have Moen/Pleks/Eller as our 2nd line. We'll have to see what off season moves happen first. But that is how things look to me.

OneSharpMarble 04-08-2012 11:52 AM

We don't have a rookie that will be ready for top 6 next year so we will definitly be looking for a free agent. Shame the FA list this coming year looks so bare.

- Parise would be a dream.
- Parenteau would be a good choice.
- Penner would be a cheap gamble but could be awful.
- Omark would probably cost a late round pick but it would be interesting to see what he could do on the top lines.
- Ray Whitney is awesome this year
- Semin I don't really want on the team.

Et le But 04-08-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

They are decent together. They both skate at an intense rate and together are good at creating breakaways. It's not a situation where they really make each other better the way for instance Pacioretty and DD do, but they work together.

The problem is Gionta is yet another winger who doesn't pass very well. All our wingers are bad to terrible passers. Plekanec is at his best has a guy around him who he can give and go with. As much as I hated Cammy at the end he was actually a good passer and at the very least meant Pleks didn't have to skate out of control on every breakaway. If only Semin wasn't likely to get overpaid.

That being said if we insist on keeping the DD line together at all times, having Gionta next to Plek should make at least some difference, because a decent fit is far better than a terrible one like Plek and Bourque.

shutehinside 04-08-2012 11:57 AM

I hope it's:
Parise Plex Gionta

Et le But 04-08-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemorecup (Post 47557037)
Pleks has to go period

nice player ...but how many more fken years do you want to go with his 50-55 points and we stink in the end crap

if we are to move in the right direction ...Pleks and DD cant be your 1-2 period

you cant win squat with these 2 guys down the middle , name one contender with this duo down the middle ??? NONE

this team needs an overhaul of the top 6 period ....

Gio, nice guy but at 33 time to go

his 20-25 goals are replaceable if we are prepared to play Eller and Leblanc and give them legit top 6 minuts and pp time .

but cmom folks , Gio, Pleks, Gomez , need to go to move forward

you can buy time with the midget for one more year , but not long term

My head hurts.

pine 04-08-2012 11:57 AM

Parise - Plekanec - Yakupov

SNM87 04-08-2012 11:59 AM

okay, Plakanec has great skill but he is not a go-to-guy on his line. I mean, this season he was because he had no one to play with but for him to be at his best, he needs a player to play with that leads the rush, he needs to compliment someone for him to be as good as he can be. That year when he played with Kovalev, he could relax and let Kovy do most of the flashin and dashin, if we can somehow bring a guy in that can take the load off I think we could have a pretty darn solid 2nd line.

Et le But 04-08-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants19 (Post 47557561)
okay, Plakanec has great skill but he is not a go-to-guy on his line. I mean, this season he was because he had no one to play with but for him to be at his best, he needs a player to play with that leads the rush, he needs to compliment someone for him to be as good as he can be. That year when he played with Kovalev, he could relax and let Kovy do most of the flashin and dashin, if we can somehow bring a guy in that can take the load off I think we could have a pretty darn solid 2nd line.

Nail Yakupov would do a good job at that. :naughty:

sharks9 04-08-2012 12:00 PM

What about Forsberg if NYI or Toronto win the lottery and pick ahead of us? Does he play LW?

Et le But 04-08-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks9 (Post 47557687)
What about Forsberg if NYI or Toronto win the lottery and pick ahead of us? Does he play LW?

Forsberg is a right shot but can play on either side supposedly.

donghabs98 04-08-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 47557465)
I hope it's:
Parise Plex Gionta

that would be a great line

if it were to ever happen i wouldn't believe it

donghabs98 04-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 47557675)

pleks does have good history with russians

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/...ig080412cp.jpg

;)

BigTime 04-08-2012 12:07 PM

Yakupov - Pleks - Leblanc
Bourque - Eller - Gio

As much as i want Leblanc to dominate the ahl that team will already be stacked next year and i love watching him play

Ohashi_Jouzu 04-08-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Me neither, although the stats say they weren't entirely unproductive as part of the same unit. I've suggested Gionta be put with MaxPac and DD if anywhere, which leaves Cole with Plekanec and a hole at LW in the top 6. Would prefer to NOT slide Gomez in there, if possible, but morbidly curious about the option if he's still somehow stuck with us.

Parise - Plekanec - Cole... make it happen.

MaxPac - DD - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - White - Blunden/Staubitz

I'd personally let Moen walk this year (unless he signs for equal to or less than his current price), and get rid of Gomez, Gionta, and Bourque as well, but realistically (and unfortunately) Gionta and Bourque aren't going anywhere.

MathMan 04-08-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemorecup (Post 47557417)
Semin, Penner ....are you fken serious , dont we have enough s h i t on our roster already ?

Very serious. I hope our next GM is shrewd enough to recognize and sign good players with unfairly bad reputations -- especially Semin, who leads the Caps in chance differential this year.

MathMan 04-08-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 47557675)

He's unlikely to be a top-6 forward at 18, and very unlikely to be able to play Plekanec-type defensive minutes. Could see him slotting next to DD and bumping MaxPac up though.