HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who will not be back in 2012-13 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1158803)

Habstract 04-08-2012 02:53 PM

Who will not be back in 2012-13
 
Here is a list of players, UFA's and not, which one do you think played their last game with the Habs. If you think of someone else, explain why.

charlie 04-08-2012 02:55 PM

hard list to choose from...:)

Captain Saku 04-08-2012 03:04 PM

Gomez, Campoli and Weber.

I could see Moen as well, and maybe Darche. Depends on the new GM.

The Doors 04-08-2012 03:07 PM

Campoli, Darche, and Gomez. Maybe Weber. But then in 2-3 years when the team goes on a 3 game losing streak and people are calling for the GM to be fired they will say things like "Fire him! He let Weber go for free!" the same way they talk about Higgins or Lapierre.

76ftw 04-08-2012 03:11 PM

Darche, Gomez and Campoli.

I could also see Weber or Diaz.

charlie 04-08-2012 03:19 PM

If Weber is gone I hope we can gain another pick in this or next years draft for him.

donghabs98 04-08-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC93 (Post 47564787)
Campoli, Darche, and Gomez. Maybe Weber. But then in 2-3 years when the team goes on a 3 game losing streak and people are calling for the GM to be fired they will say things like "Fire him! He let Weber go for free!" the same way they talk about Higgins or Lapierre.

yep thats how things seem happen

Dr Gonzo 04-08-2012 03:20 PM

No offense to Darche....but I really don't see the use for him next year. Time to move on.

donghabs98 04-08-2012 03:20 PM

gomez campoil

darche i could see maybe moving up to the front office as a scout or somthing

charlie 04-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr gonzo (Post 47565473)
no offense to darche....but i really don't see the use for him next year. Time to move on.

+100000

MarkovsKnee 04-08-2012 03:26 PM

Darche, Campoli & Gomez for sure, and probably one of Weber or Diaz.

Diaz is RFA, is already 26, and is a UFA in another year, while Weber is still just 23. I think Weber is fine as a #6 d-man who can play on the 2nd PP unit. When he's forced to play top 4 then he has problems. He's still 3 years away from UFA status too, and is cheap.

Oilers D sucks. They can't transition the puck at all. Trade Diaz to them.

I wouldn't mind Habs signing Darche to a two-way contract and having him play in Hamilton next year. With all the kids down there, they could use a veteran guy to help out and be a leader. Leblanc and Geoffrion should be in the AHL next year too.

Cyclones Rock 04-08-2012 03:31 PM

Gomez in the definite category. There is no way a new administration will allow itself to be saddled with him. No competent GM would take the job without this situation being resolved in the interviewing process.

I can't see Campoli being signed as a UFA based on his performance this season.

Diaz isn't any sure thing to be resigned. A lot will depend on any defenseman UFA acquisitions (if any) are made by the team.

Darche would appear to be vulnerable due to the front office and coaching staff changes.

Nokelainen, Geoffrion, Palusaj, Blunden and Staubitz may have also seen their last action as Habs given that each's contract has expired.

One would expect Bourque and Kaberle will be shopped heavily by the new GM. I expect that the market for these fellows will be quite thin:D

Cyclones Rock 04-08-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee (Post 47565799)

I wouldn't mind Habs signing Darche to a two-way contract and having him play in Hamilton next year. With all the kids down there, they could use a veteran guy to help out and be a leader. Leblanc and Geoffrion should be in the AHL next year too.

Perfect. Pay him a top AHL salary ($200k) and that deal could probably get done in short order.

Plus Gomez will need a drinking buddy his age. It's the right thing to do:)

DAChampion 04-08-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC93 (Post 47564787)
Campoli, Darche, and Gomez. Maybe Weber. But then in 2-3 years when the team goes on a 3 game losing streak and people are calling for the GM to be fired they will say things like "Fire him! He let Weber go for free!" the same way they talk about Higgins or Lapierre.

Higgins and Lapierre showed good things with the Habs, whereas Weber has not.

Et le But 04-08-2012 04:08 PM

Why is Plekanec on here ahead of guys like Noke and Blunden?

We Want The 25 04-08-2012 04:28 PM

Gomez,Moen,Darche,Campoli,Weber are the ones i dont think will be back but i wouldnt mind us getting rid of Diaz and Kaberle too

Myron Gaines* 04-08-2012 04:31 PM

I voted all of them for the lulz.

Vsevolod Bobrov 04-08-2012 04:33 PM

Gomez KaCa Bourque Weber

It's a wishlist tho

Aurel Joliat 04-08-2012 04:57 PM

Gomez, Darche, Campoli, Weber. You can add Blunden and Nokelainen. Probably Staubitz but I really want to see him back. We saw last night that he is very appreciated by his teammates

GordonGraham 04-08-2012 05:02 PM

what about nokalainen

Dont Poke Subban 04-08-2012 07:55 PM

My guess is Gomez will be back next season.. whether we like it or not.

thethrillisgone 04-08-2012 08:04 PM

Campoli and Darche for sure. Hopefully Gomez, too.


Quote:

Originally Posted by jagielski41 (Post 47578843)
My guess is Gomez will be back next season.. whether we like it or not.

Most likely.

Rise from the Ashes 04-08-2012 08:16 PM

Gomez, Campoli and Weber.

Not sure if both Darche and Moen will return and I am fairly confident Kaberle will be a Hab next year.

overlords 04-08-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee (Post 47565799)
Darche, Campoli & Gomez for sure, and probably one of Weber or Diaz.

Diaz is RFA, is already 26, and is a UFA in another year, while Weber is still just 23. I think Weber is fine as a #6 d-man who can play on the 2nd PP unit. When he's forced to play top 4 then he has problems. He's still 3 years away from UFA status too, and is cheap.

Oilers D sucks. They can't transition the puck at all. Trade Diaz to them.

I wouldn't mind Habs signing Darche to a two-way contract and having him play in Hamilton next year. With all the kids down there, they could use a veteran guy to help out and be a leader. Leblanc and Geoffrion should be in the AHL next year too.


Except that's not what 'two-way contract' means.

Habstract 04-08-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Grosse Tendresse (Post 47580093)
Why is David Desharnais on this list???

Because he's small and French???

Don't be that guy, I am french and I like DD.

I added Pleky and DD only to add different options.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.