HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Playoff theme music (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1159169)

kingbrutis 04-08-2012 08:11 PM

Playoff theme music

Not sure many of you guys know the band Throwdown, but I think this should be our theme song for the playoffs. This is our team "Forever". Tell me you dont get pumped after watching this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdV6nYI-Rg

awfulwaffle 04-08-2012 08:16 PM

Heh, I've heard of the band Throwdown, not my style. I'm more of a fan of this:

That Throwdown song you could barely understand what they were saying.

helvete 04-08-2012 08:22 PM

Always gets me pumped and with such a fitting title

(Skip to 41 seconds)

Matzel 04-08-2012 08:25 PM

Tongue-in-cheek comment on great playoff tunes:

Matzel 04-08-2012 08:30 PM

This is so totally not my music - it's not even funny. That said, if the Yotes ever wanted to switch the whiteouts for sandstorms... this'd be *the* tune to go with:

Rink Rage 04-08-2012 08:31 PM

I guess I'll keep the theme going

awfulwaffle 04-08-2012 08:33 PM

yotesfordays 04-08-2012 08:36 PM

not gunna lie, I really liked the "Ali in the jungle" song they played during the 09 playoffs. It wasnt hard core, but it still got the blood pumping because of the message of the song. I think it's fitting considering our group

Muppet 04-08-2012 08:40 PM

Isn't it pretty obvious?

Matzel 04-08-2012 08:41 PM

This would be a good choice:

Dragonforce - Operation Ground and Pound.

Fitting. Indeed.

AZcoyotes 04-08-2012 08:46 PM

Or if you're into "Old time hockey"

pacerhimself 04-08-2012 08:59 PM

Comedy answer:

I Love Lamp 04-08-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotesfordays (Post 47583599)
not gunna lie, I really liked the "Ali in the jungle" song they played during the 09 playoffs. It wasnt hard core, but it still got the blood pumping because of the message of the song. I think it's fitting considering our group

100% THIS!

Songs that are screaming and loud are just meh. Songs that have a tempo that quickens and gets the place going.

A combination of a longer edit of The Black Keys Howling For You

Transition into the intro for The Who - We Won't Be Fooled Again

Hell, I wouldn't mind a finish on Jump Around while everyone was in white with the pom poms going.

That's my 6-8 minute intro (in line with what we've done in previous years). The key is to have songs that sound good in arenas. Things where the lead guitar dominates the song or a powerful drumbeat are key, in my opinion.

kingbrutis 04-08-2012 09:23 PM

fun thread

yotesfordays 04-08-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love Lamp (Post 47585235)
100% THIS!

Songs that are screaming and loud are just meh. Songs that have a tempo that quickens and gets the place going.

A combination of a longer edit of The Black Keys Howling For You

Transition into the intro for The Who - We Won't Be Fooled Again

Hell, I wouldn't mind a finish on Jump Around while everyone was in white with the pom poms going.

That's my 6-8 minute intro (in line with what we've done in previous years). The key is to have songs that sound good in arenas. Things where the lead guitar dominates the song or a powerful drumbeat are key, in my opinion.

agreed. screamo songs dont really work for hockey in my opinion. You can't hear half of what they're saying and while the beat may be fast and upbeat it doesn't really inspire me and give me that fuzzy feeling of camaraderie with my fellow fans. that's why I like ali in the jungle..."everyone gets knocked down, how quick are you gunna get up; its not how you start it's how you finish" etc. IDK, just my two cents :)

kihekah19 04-08-2012 09:52 PM

Never been a big fan of Van Halen with Sammy, but this popped on my vehicles stereo through my IPod before the San Jose game that started the recent streak and the rest is history.

Needless to say this is cued up and ready for play at as close to the same driving point (as the original) on my trip to every game. In fact I won't even listen to the IPod until I reach that point! After I park I cued it up again and get ready for victory!

kihekah19 04-08-2012 09:58 PM

Well, anywho.... was supposed to be Van Halen's "Right Now"

Not the goofy video, just the tune..... could be my being an infracted "
bad boy" or could be I don't know how to post the youtube link????

Demosthenes 04-08-2012 10:03 PM

In that order.
Every Game.

Part of a very complex victory ensuring routine.

pacerhimself 04-08-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kihekah19 (Post 47587219)
Well, anywho.... was supposed to be Van Halen's "Right Now"

Not the goofy video, just the tune..... could be my being an infracted "
bad boy" or could be I don't know how to post the youtube link????

You only need this bit between the YTs: vyGzPmgR1QY

kihekah19 04-08-2012 10:06 PM

Thanks!

SniperHF 04-08-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotesfordays (Post 47583599)

Here is the proper version, with the full intro of the players included.
Most of the youtube versions are camera phone shots this one is actually good.

Not sure I've seen a better done video of this type.

Also us fans need to bring that same atmosphere to jobbing for game 1. Last season coming into town down 2 games it just wasn't there.

SweYote 04-08-2012 10:14 PM

Not really a fan of rock, but I suppose that's what works with hockey. This is about as far as I'm willing to go:

MP 04-10-2012 04:58 PM

This thread needs more Finnish metalheads singing Tina Turner.

we don't need another hero
we don't need to know the way home
all we want is life beyond
round one

Sinurgy 04-10-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbrutis (Post 47582529)
Not sure many of you guys know the band Throwdown, but I think this should be our theme song for the playoffs. This is our team "Forever". Tell me you dont get pumped after watching this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdV6nYI-Rg

haha that's that straight edge band. I haven't really listened to them much but the whole idea of straight edge cracks me up. I'm HARDCORE goody-goody mother****er! :biglaugh:

Anyway, it would seem from this thread we need a mix of aggression and adrenaline fueled stuff combined with singing you can understand and a uniting theme. Hmmm....I'll have to think about this one.

Sinurgy 04-10-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperHF (Post 47587565)
Here is the proper version, with the full intro of the players included.
Most of the youtube versions are camera phone shots this one is actually good.

Not sure I've seen a better done video of this type.

Also us fans need to bring that same atmosphere to jobbing for game 1. Last season coming into town down 2 games it just wasn't there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweYote (Post 47587851)
Not really a fan of rock, but I suppose that's what works with hockey. This is about as far as I'm willing to go:

These remind me of a quote from the movie Braveheart:

Quote:

And not my gentle son. The mere sight of him would only encourage the enemy to take over the whole country.