HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Met Feds at the auto show (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1159351)

SnowblindNYR 04-09-2012 12:51 AM

Met Feds at the auto show

I was walking down the escalator and was about to leave and I see this guy that looks like Fedotenko coming up on the escalator on the other side. Then I looked at the guy with him and it looks just like Anisimov. Obviously you wouldn't have 2 look alikes together. So long story short, my friend and I come to say hi. We ended up only talking to Feds. He was really nice, agreed to take a picture with me. At the end asked for our names and said it was nice meeting us. I said "win the cup" and he said "we're working on it". Anyway, you guys have any stories of meeting Rangers or ex-Rangers?

Hellion 04-09-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 47592091)
I was walking down the escalator and was about to leave and I see this guy that looks like Fedotenko coming up on the escalator on the other side. Then I looked at the guy with him and it looks just like Anisimov. Obviously you wouldn't have 2 look alikes together. So long story short, my friend and I come to say hi. We ended up only talking to Feds. He was really nice, agreed to take a picture with me. At the end asked for our names and said it was nice meeting us. I said "win the cup" and he said "we're working on it". Anyway, you guys have any stories of meeting Rangers or ex-Rangers?

Did you make sure to tell them how awful Hank is? :laugh:

SnowblindNYR 04-09-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellion (Post 47592233)

Yeah and how much they disappointed me in not winning the PT. :laugh: Joking, of course.

Krams 04-09-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Blah blah blah, how hot was that Viper? :naughty:

KingWantsCup 04-09-2012 01:02 AM

That's awesome. I would react like a little girl if I casually met a Ranger.

Kershaw 04-09-2012 01:04 AM

Call me crazy, but I think I saw Mathieu Schneider at a Starbucks a couple years back.

Calad 04-09-2012 02:35 AM

My girlfriend was on a flight to Rochester tonight, turns out Ryan Callahan was on the flight as well

mti79 04-09-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

I heard a rumor that he wouldn't be able to stop a beach ball at this point.... :deadhorse

Jumbo* 04-09-2012 05:59 AM

Went to a Rangers game at the garden a few week back and I saw all the Rangers shockingly. I tried to yell to get their attention but nobody even looked at me. Very rude if you ask me.

Bob Richards 04-09-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badgerfan (Post 47597235)
Went to a Rangers game at the garden a few week back and I saw all the Rangers shockingly. I tried to yell to get their attention but nobody even looked at me. Very rude if you ask me.

You and the other 18,199 people.

JayQueensNY88* 04-09-2012 08:05 AM

I met Brett Lindros @ a NYR game....like 10 years ago..he was sitting in front of me. I sai his name andlike twice and he was ignoring me,finally i said are you brett,he said yeah,and i asked him to sign my ticket which is officially lost these days.

Guy I work with just met Girardi while working in Manhattan.

Silence Of The Plams 04-09-2012 08:06 AM

Me and my friend were walking around NYC the whole day (We were going to the game) I saw Dubi and gave him a nod of recognition and said hi. He was nice and didnt ignore us.

Another time I was on the subway going to MSG/Penn Sation, and I swear it was Brian Boyle because the guy was a giant. I caught a glimpse of his face cause I didn't want to be creepy. I still don't know for sure if it was him.

SnowblindNYR 04-09-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingWantsCup (Post 47592561)
That's awesome. I would react like a little girl if I casually met a Ranger.

I didn't react any better. When I saw the on the other escalator I told my friend that they're Rangers. He was like "let's go take a picture". I was like, what are we going to run after them and said no. Then I was regretting not coming to take a picture. So he said let's go up the escalator and find them. I didn't think we'd find them in the mass of humanity. In like 2 minutes we found them. I didn't have the balls though to come up to them. My friend came up to Feds and asked "are you a hockey player?". Feds was like "usually". So I acted like a little girl myself. :laugh: If not for my friend I wouldn't have talked to Feds. There are so many things I could have told him. I could have told him how hard I was rooting for him and the Lightning when he scored those 2 goals in game 7 of the finals. Although, I always forget if it was him or Richards would have been embarrassing if it was Richards. :laugh: Pretty sure it was him and it was Richards in the conference finals.

SnowblindNYR 04-09-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch (Post 47592315)
Blah blah blah, how hot was that Viper? :naughty:

I looked at the Viper but it didn't leave a lasting impression. I liked the Audi and BMW sports cars much more. Also the Lamberghini (sp?) and McLaren (sp?) were a lot nicer.

ak10r 04-09-2012 09:52 AM

Feds is my 10 year olds favorite player. I just ordered him a Feds jersey for his birthday next month.

SnowblindNYR 04-09-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak10r (Post 47600173)
Feds is my 10 year olds favorite player. I just ordered him a Feds jersey for his birthday next month.

He's been one of my favorite players for years. He's from Kiev, one of the few players from Ukraine in the NHL (Zherdev was from Ukraine, and I believe Kiev too). That's where I was born. So I always rooted for him (except for when he was with the Pens). I remember being so happy in that game 7 against Calgary.

Tony D63 04-09-2012 11:41 AM

Not rangers relative. But during all star brake in the MLB I was in cancun (just got there) in the air port and I met marino raveria. I'm a die heart mets fan, I told my dad I'm never gunna wash my hands.

I was wondering why he was on such a small ****** plane.

McDonagh 04-09-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 (Post 47598189)
I met Brett Lindros @ a NYR game....like 10 years ago..he was sitting in front of me. I sai his name andlike twice and he was ignoring me,finally i said are you brett,he said yeah,and i asked him to sign my ticket which is officially lost these days.

Guy I work with just met Girardi while working in Manhattan.

To be fair, those Lindros boys took so many concussions he probably didn't hear you or believed he wasn't Brett Lindros.

we want cup 04-09-2012 12:01 PM

I've run into AA on the street twice. He lives a couple of blocks away from me.

district9 04-09-2012 12:09 PM

i used to work at roosevelt field mall on long island, and a day i was working lundqvist and richter were doing signings. obviously the signing was going on while i was at work and ended about an hour before i could leave so i was pretty upset i wouldn't even catch a glimpse of them. when i was leaving work and the mall was closing up i saw a group of 3 guys in suits by the doors i walk out through, and it was richter and i guess two friends of his. i walked over and talked to him for a good 10 minutes, he was one of the nicest guys i've ever met and it made me feel good that my childhood hero was also a great dude

ECL 04-09-2012 12:16 PM

Phil Simms was awesome when I met him. Joe Namath was a *********.

Best player I ever met was Dave Tollefson. He owned a G8 like mine and we had a blast talking cars. I had his phone # for a while bust lost it when I changed phones. Great dude.

The mitchrock 04-09-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 47592633)
Call me crazy, but I think I saw Mathieu Schneider at a Starbucks a couple years back.

Kershaw, you're crazy!

I hear Schnieder is cool to talk to.

DoTheBlue 04-09-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

This was a good story.

Quote:

This was funny.

Blueblood9 04-09-2012 12:30 PM

Met richter on the train a year or so back. My Cuz is a conducter says he sees him on the train atleast once a month.

Met leetch at the Purple Shamrock in Boston when he was playing for them. Bought 2 cases of Amstels and started distributing them to people on the dance floor.

useref15 04-09-2012 12:32 PM

One of the last games last year against the Devils, I was in the city and saw Zuccarello running to get somewhere. I shouted Zukeeee, and he gave me the head nod.