HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OT: Playoff Viewing Parties - updated 5/15/12 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1159741)

cj225 04-09-2012 01:16 PM

Playoff Viewing Parties - updated 5/15/12

Official Viewing Parties Round 3:

Game 2 - At the Rock - RSVP here: http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=79388&cm_mid=1383691&cm_crmid={39AA4D9 6-3A04-E011-86E9-005056810009}&cm_medium=email

Unofficial Viewing Parties Round 3:

Game 2 - Flight 151 in NYC

NJDevs26 04-09-2012 01:38 PM

Texas Arizona is a bit farther away for me, but at least I know where it is. I need a change of scenery from Miami Mike's (supposedly they're having a viewing party for 'both' games), especially if this is Devils Generals sanctioned and has more room than Blackthorn.

Status Quo 04-09-2012 01:44 PM

Hell yeah to the one at Texas Arizona! My brother's friend is one of the managers there. Hopefully I don't have work so I can go to that one.

cj225 04-09-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevs26 (Post 50395381)
Texas Arizona is a bit farther away for me, but at least I know where it is. I need a change of scenery from Miami Mike's (supposedly they're having a viewing party for 'both' games), especially if this is Devils Generals sanctioned and has more room than Blackthorn.

Yes they are, but we're only sponsoring one of them (the Sunday one).

If you stuck around at Blackthorn you would have had a spot - the problem is Happy Hour was still going on and the seating was limited for a little bit, but it opened up.

We'll probably do another one at Blackthorn (depending on how far we go).

Cowbell232 04-09-2012 02:04 PM

Stickied. Hopefully there are a lot of viewing parties to spread the word about...

Colin226 04-09-2012 02:11 PM

Texas Arizona could be a problem.. A Friday night in Hoboken draws a crowd anyway and TA was pretty packed last time.. It wasn't the biggest bar as I recall.. If we get a bigger turnout for playoffs game 1 it would be a shame to have people leave because they can't get a table.. I may not even bother going sice I won't get there until 7 at the earliest and don't want to have to go home cause I can't sit and eat.. Not to mention Will said the owner was being a dick to him after the last party, like he did us a favor lol

Blackthorn was my favorite location this year.. Definitely hope we go back

cj225 04-09-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin226 (Post 47616359)
Texas Arizona could be a problem.. A Friday night in Hoboken draws a crowd anyway and TA was pretty packed last time.. It wasn't the biggest bar as I recall.. If we get a bigger turnout for playoffs game 1 it would be a shame to have people leave because they can't get a table.. I may not even bother going sice I won't get there until 7 at the earliest and don't want to have to go home cause I can't sit and eat.. Not to mention Will said the owner was being a dick to him after the last party, like he did us a favor lol

Blackthorn was my favorite location this year.. Definitely hope we go back

I'll be leaving right from work Colin and should be there around 5-5:30 (and have to wait for Tony)...I can save you a seat.

I know the one manager (could be the owner) is a personal friend of a few of the players and his brother works at the Rock...

Glad you liked Blackthorn - hoping to get back there.

Colin226 04-09-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj225 (Post 47616463)
I'll be leaving right from work Colin and should be there around 5-5:30 (and have to wait for Tony)...I can save you a seat.

I know the one manager (could be the owner) is a personal friend of a few of the players and his brother works at the Rock...

Glad you liked Blackthorn - hoping to get back there.

I'll let you know if I decide to go.. Don't want to deter anyone from going as its a cool bar with great food an a killer beer selection, but I didn't like hearing that the owner gave us attitude

Should be an awesome atmosphere and since it's a Friday night you can go out drinking in Hoboken after!!

cj225 04-09-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin226 (Post 47616831)
I'll let you know if I decide to go.. Don't want to deter anyone from going as its a cool bar with great food an a killer beer selection, but I didn't like hearing that the owner gave us attitude

Should be an awesome atmosphere and since it's a Friday night you can go out drinking in Hoboken after!!

Well I know why he did it...but that's besides the point. Just let me know.

As for going out after..I'll be going home, gotta get up early the next day.

onefatsurfer 04-09-2012 02:34 PM

Selyar and I will be going to PK Shamrock's in Belmar on Friday to watch the game. Anyone that wants to join us is more than welcome.

cj225 04-09-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer (Post 47617679)
Selyar and I will be going to PK Shamrock's in Belmar on Friday to watch the game. Anyone that wants to join us is more than welcome.

There's going to be a Viewing Party at either Bar A or Marlin's on Friday/Sunday (still waiting on confirmation).

ILikeItVeryMuch* 04-09-2012 02:42 PM

I can do Marlin's on Sunday then head over to Idle Hour, that would be a night.

onefatsurfer 04-09-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj225 (Post 47617739)
There's going to be a Viewing Party at either Bar A or Marlin's on Friday/Sunday (still waiting on confirmation).

Well then maybe I'll go there(Bar A, doubt I go to Marlin's on Friday). It depends on how functional my brain is on Friday if I want to deal with the crowds.

manisback121 04-09-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj225 (Post 47617739)

I wont be going to bar A with my friend, he got banned 2 years ago along with 3 other people (couldn't figure who it was) for throwing a cup of piss on someone in the bathroom.

NjDevs4994 04-09-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch (Post 47618097)
I can do Marlin's on Sunday then head over to Idle Hour, that would be a night.

ill be at marlins if its there only 2 min from my house OT but my english teacher is a part owner of the idle hour lol

One7nine 04-09-2012 04:15 PM

I'm right near bar a and pk's but if its at bar a I'll go next door and drink at the Shillelagh's for 1% of the price, lol.

cj225 04-09-2012 04:31 PM

Just updated the South Viewing Parties.

Emperoreddy 04-09-2012 05:38 PM

Friday is my birthday, and Hoboken is right around the corner. Just want to get there in time to find some space.

MachoDiablo 04-09-2012 09:39 PM

Live in Jersey City, so TA is choice for Game 1; went there for the viewing party vs. the Rags after going to the Meadowlands for the Giants' party, pretty sweet time, nice to see they've really updated the place.

And Miami Mike's is a five minute drive from my parents' house, so I'll probably wind up there Sunday despite the overly pricey drinks.

I should get people to do a party at Lucky 7's in JC...

Vick Vinegar 04-09-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachoDiablo (Post 47640369)
Live in Jersey City, so TA is choice for Game 1; went there for the viewing party vs. the Rags after going to the Meadowlands for the Giants' party, pretty sweet time, nice to see they've really updated the place.

And Miami Mike's is a five minute drive from my parents' house, so I'll probably wind up there Sunday despite the overly pricey drinks.

I should get people to do a party at Lucky 7's in JC...

My friend goes to Lucky 7's just about every night. I went once, it was a bit too hipsterish for me. Can't see them doing a viewing party. Also kind of small.

BenedictGomez 04-09-2012 09:58 PM

There are hipsters in Jersey City? :amazed: Are they the ones that now cant afford Brooklyn, or is Brooklyn just becoming too "Hipster conformist" for them?

Mr.Krinkle 04-09-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenedictGomez (Post 47641429)
There are hipsters in Jersey City? :amazed: Are they the ones that now cant afford Brooklyn, or is Brooklyn just becoming too "Hipster conformist" for them?

The ones that got pushed out of Hoboken. Paulus Hook/Hamilton Park. And they're not really hipsters, more the starving artists - they had to go somewhere. They did a really nice job with Paulus Hook actually. 10 years ago my car would get broken into on Essex street for spare change. Now? Forget it.

That party at Marlin's is beyond tempting. We're going to see Clutch in AC the night before, the little guy will be with grandma and grandpa in Point, going to be a tough sell to the Mrs to stay overnight and then go to a bar for that game.

Don't grow up kids.

ILikeItVeryMuch* 04-09-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenedictGomez (Post 47641429)

Plenty. The downtown has also become incredibly rich.

I miss JC

Devils Nick30 04-10-2012 07:58 PM

Just thought I'd let you know the website isn't updated, could confuse some people:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=73868

Not sure if anyone can even do anything about that.

cj225 04-10-2012 08:10 PM

I will let them know.