HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Canadian Airlines (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=115981)

two out of three* 11-30-2004 02:00 PM

Canadian Airlines
 
I'm going to Toronto for a tournament, and I was wondering if you need a passport. All I've heard was that you need a birth certificate, and a picture ID. Anybody know if you need a passport?

jeffbrown 11-30-2004 02:27 PM

Uh, judging from your Avatar, you're from Los Angeles. Best bet is to check a website of the US Government -- travel advisories, or something similar. Canada's government has an official website that I use alot when travelling to other countries. It basically spells out what level of ID you need, as well as telling you customs, what to expect, etc.

Having said that, in this day and age it is best to travel with at least a Passport as its the best and most official and accepted form of ID. If you have a driver's license as added ID, the better.

two out of three* 11-30-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffbrown
Uh, judging from your Avatar, you're from Los Angeles. Best bet is to check a website of the US Government -- travel advisories, or something similar. Canada's government has an official website that I use alot when travelling to other countries. It basically spells out what level of ID you need, as well as telling you customs, what to expect, etc.

Having said that, in this day and age it is best to travel with at least a Passport as its the best and most official and accepted form of ID. If you have a driver's license as added ID, the better.


Yeah, I'm from L.A.

BlackArcher101 11-30-2004 03:07 PM

For a US citizen to enter Canada, you need proof of citizenship and photo identification.

A Passport can satisfy both requirements. Otherwise, you may use a birth certificate and a form of government id with photo.

FLYLine27 11-30-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackArcher101
For a US citizen to enter Canada, you need proof of citizenship and photo identification.

A Passport can satisfy both requirements. Otherwise, you may use a birth certificate and a form of government id with photo.

When I went to toronto from NY all i needed was my drivers licenses (governtment ID with photo). So i didnt need my birth certificate. That was also 4 years ago so im not sure if its changed.

nic29+ 11-30-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Went I went to toronto from NY all i needed was my drivers licenses (governtment ID with photo). So i didnt need my birth certificate. That was also 4 years ago so im not sure if its changed.

When I went to the states last year I needed a birth certificate and a photo id. I'd say take both and be prepared.

#2 11-30-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nic30
When I went to the states last year I needed a birth certificate and a photo id. I'd say take both and be prepared.

YA definetley take both, cause if you go there and are missing one its one hastle to go back home and pick them up


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.