HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   IF we win cup...who accepts the cup from Bettman? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1160091)

adam graves 04-09-2012 07:08 PM

IF we win cup...who accepts the cup from Bettman?
 
forget the ridiculous lst part of the sentence...

But w/o a captain....What if?

just some food for thought for those bored over the next 3 days.

Desert Panther 04-09-2012 07:13 PM

I'd have to guess that any one of the 3 "Alternates" on the ice can accept.

BTW, can't wait to meet you next week AG. We can talk the old Isles, Rangers rivalry from the last time the Isles were relevant (I was sort of an Isles fan as a kid) .. haha

homegrizown 04-09-2012 07:18 PM

i would say weiss as being here forever and hoping to see him lift the cup. but honestly if we won this year i'd have to think campbell would be the one lifting it up

angry_treefrog 04-09-2012 07:23 PM

Weiss...

but I don't think he'll ever be named captain....

Pantherkidd101 04-09-2012 07:28 PM

Weiss

I May Be Wrong 04-09-2012 07:32 PM

Definitely Stephen Weiss

Beezer 04-09-2012 07:35 PM

Dale Tallon:D

Seriously though I would have to say Weiss because if we get that far into the playoffs he's going to have to be a major contributor to that for sure!

adam graves 04-09-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Panther (Post 47632203)
I'd have to guess that any one of the 3 "Alternates" on the ice can accept.

BTW, can't wait to meet you next week AG. We can talk the old Isles, Rangers rivalry from the last time the Isles were relevant (I was sort of an Isles fan as a kid) .. haha

101 row 19 come say hi!

PanthersHockey1 04-09-2012 07:36 PM

this thread is hillarious. Man AG friday cant get here soon enough for you. Me too considering this matzah is already pissing me off and its only monday.

Anways if i had to guess i would go with jovanovski he is the oldest player on the team without a cup and is symbolic of the panthers organization run in 1996.

Dealing in hypotheticals of course.

adam graves 04-09-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthersflames1 (Post 47633419)
this thread is hillarious. Man AG friday cant get here soon enough for you. Me too considering this matzah is already pissing me off and its only monday.

Anways if i had to guess i would go with jovanovski he is the oldest player on the team without a cup and is symbolic of the panthers organization run in 1996.

Dealing in hypotheticals of course.

:laugh: should have had u say hello to my daughter a the Hillel Seders!

Yea I'm running out of intelligent things to post...:laugh:

And JOVO would be my choice for the reasons u say.

SoupyFIN 04-09-2012 07:45 PM



First all 4 lift it together, then take turns to circle alone: Jovo, Weiss, Campbell, Kopecky.

Weiss being a classy guy, Jovo would go first before him and then the two A's after Weiss who already have a cup.

Desert Panther 04-09-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 47633385)
101 row 19 come say hi!

I might just do that! I'll be pretty close for Game 1. Sec 134, Row 25. On the other side Sec 119, Row 7 for Game 2.

StrangeVision 04-09-2012 08:08 PM

Without a doubt Weiss.

FinallyWeissIsGone 04-09-2012 08:14 PM

Our true captain Campbell hands it off to Weiss!

:scared:

Laus723 04-09-2012 08:37 PM

Weiss since there's no actual person wearing the C, but I'm not a fan of Weiss wearing it. LOVE Weiss, just don't think he's captain material.

FlaPnthrsPunk 04-09-2012 09:36 PM

It would have to be Weiss. No one else on the current roster has come even close to being the face of this team like he has.

As for the Passover discussion, call me a bad Jew, but I only lasted with matzah until yesterday morning. Just couldn't stand eating those tasteless crackers anymore.

StrangeVision 04-09-2012 09:39 PM

Oh come on. Matzah is awesome. It's one of the perks of being a Jew.

FlaPnthrsPunk 04-09-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeVision (Post 47640341)
Oh come on. Matzah is awesome. It's one of the perks of being a Jew.

I semi-have to agree with that. Peanut butter & chocolate chips on matzah is the damn shizzle.

CatWoman34 04-10-2012 09:04 AM

I don't know anything about matzah, but I think Weiss or Jovo would lift the Cup.

Jovo is the longest serving guy without a Cup so it makes sense it would be him.

Panthers Rock 04-10-2012 09:38 AM

This is a problem we should be so lucky to have. And as much as I love my Panthers and how well they've done this year, I don't think we'll have to worry about it this year.

adam graves 04-10-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers Rock (Post 47655785)
This is a problem we should be so lucky to have. And as much as I love my Panthers and how well they've done this year, I don't think we'll have to worry about it this year.

Agreed, just thought we should have a light hearted thread.

adam graves 04-10-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatWoman34 (Post 47654659)
I don't know anything about matzah, but I think Weiss or Jovo would lift the Cup.

Jovo is the longest serving guy without a Cup so it makes sense it would be him.

Toronto is full of matzah loving people :laugh::laugh:

After all the crap you've been through, I cant believe you cnat make a game. :cry::cry:

Desert Panther 04-10-2012 12:20 PM

Interesting sidenote brought up by Mike Berardino and the Sentinel. The 08-09 Blackhawks went the entire season without a captain and that team went to the WCF. The following season, they named Toews and won the Cup.

Knightmare 04-10-2012 02:41 PM

I think itd be nice to break tradition and have all four A's lift it at the same time...either that, or whichever goalie takes us there.

OR

I was hoping Dineen would pull a Herb Brooks and name a captain just before the start of the tourney, a la Eruzione, but that won't happen. Would be awesome though.

DiMaGa 04-11-2012 09:18 PM

Weiss obviously, the longest serving Florida Panther.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.